Gunslinger OP ?

Spyde

WIth all the amusing threads about OP classes.

Im gonna start then

Gunslinger is OP thread.

I caught a sorc 1v1 at level 12, he was level 30

Root

Sabo Charge 2.5 Crit

Aimed Shot crit - 3.8k

Auto Crit Charged Burst 2k

So.. pretty much an easy.. 8.3k Burst damage

a few Charged burst on a short 1.5 sec cast time and deaded.

Where is all the QQ ?

Somone didnt rage about me blowing them up.. i Thought thats how this forum worked.

pvp 10-49 is irrelevant... it's filled with bad players, ungeared and with no proper level + no expertise

lol then again, level 50 does not a good player make. And expertise doesn't add that much of an advantage. My columi dps jugg can still do just fine in pvp with ~46 expertise.

they're strong as hell if they're geared and in the right hands. there is one on my server that dominates in warzones. the best way to fight them is twist CCs to keep knocking them out of cover, watch your health closely so you can hit your defensive CDs Edited by HBninjaX

lol then again, level 50 does not a good player make. And expertise doesn't add that much of an advantage. My columi dps jugg can still do just fine in pvp with ~46 expertise.

It does not make them good players to be level 50 but it makes them better player than a lvl 10 with no available skills and experience of his class

10-49 is irrelevant

• 3 months later...

This is utter nonsense.

Have you looked at your character sheet with 1200 expertise and noted the difference it makes for your damage dealt and damage received? I'm going to bet that you have not and decided after a few matches with [your opinion] of decent damage dealt that you wouldn't bother investing in PvP gear.

Expertise is a *confirmed* increase to damage, damage received, and healing to other players while in a warzone or anywhere you're engaged in combat with another player. It is effective and 10 out of 10 times you will be beaten by another player that properly stacks their expertise.

I completely agree with the posters here stating that there is nothing to compare until you hit 50 and are geared vs other geared players.

BUT the people that state that LOS is the biggest weakness of GS / Snipers are kidding themselves. A GS worth his weight in pvp will almost never be LOSed due to:

1. superior positioning on the feild with a 35m range making sure that they cant be retaliated against

2. Legshot, the weapon based root on a 12 sec CD when speced with a 5 second effect breaking after 2 seconds on dmg. The legshot is active for long enough for a MM sniper to get his full rotation in before you get a chance to LOS him.

So if you are being LOSed by your opponents then learn how to position better and use legshot. If you think that LOSing works then you havn't faced any decent snipers in your WZs yet.

Lvl 50 : Charged burst spam, works well 2.5k - 2.5k -2.5k and so on and unlike gravspammers these guys cant be interrupted ... working as intended or even better when we get a competent dude :

snipe 2.5k+ambush 5k+followthrough 5k+takedown 5k, why even bother with explosive probe (2-4k) ....

Edited by SajPl

Get lvl 50. Until then there is nothing to say.

/End Thread

pvp 10-49 is irrelevant... it's filled with bad players, ungeared and with no proper level + no expertise

Wait did someone just imply that gear and expertise make one a good PvPer? Expertise and PvP Gear only exist so that PvPers don't have to be hardcore raiders to remain competitve. While it is true that 10-49 has new players in it, I find it be more competitive because gear plays a much smaller factor. IMO the only downside is that lower level characters lack abilities. I'd much rather PvP with players in a 45-49 level range than PvP at 50 because all that PvP gear does is create a barrier to entry.

Back to the OP. Gunslingers are awesome and rare. I remember getting absolutely obliterated by one in huttball because he hit me when I had no where to hide, rooted me and I couldn't jump to him. But if I get close to them or get the jump it tends to end in their death and I think thats very balanced. GS/Sniper is IMO in a very good place.