Legacy - Mixing Races

MerelyFinite

Just wondering for the DEV team if it will be possible (eventually) mix races?

Because I'm personally wanting to make a Sith Pureblood who has a Miraluka Eye Covering and is a Jedi Counselor on the Republic.

Just wanting to know if this is just a dream I should leave in the clouds or if this may be a wish that will come true. ;)

Just wondering for the DEV team if it will be possible (eventually) mix races?

Because I'm personally wanting to make a Sith Pureblood who has a Miraluka Eye Covering and is a Jedi Counselor on the Republic.

Just wanting to know if this is just a dream I should leave in the clouds or if this may be a wish that will come true. ;)

That is a neat suggestion for maybe future content added to the game much later on.

Imagine having a Chiss mixed with Mirialan...

I got to imagine that has to be a nightmare for character creation.

Not a nightmare, they'd just have to add a TON more to character creation when it came to choosing a mixed race. How much of one race's features would you want dominant. It would be a LOT added, which is why I say it would probably be far down the road.

I got to imagine that has to be a nightmare for character creation.

Not really. Just a bit of texture and asset swaping. Since all player models are built on very similar structures, clipping wouldn't be much of an issue. Perhaps with Twi-leks and the lekku, but no more so than when a Twi-'lek wears a full head helmet.

Have a twi'lek wearing a Chiss skin instead of a normal skin, for instance as an example of texture swapping.

Edited by Bluerodian

Chiss mixed with mirialan, and if it shaves his/her head wouldnt it just look like this with red eyes?

Edit: just realised this might be seen as a bit racist, i was merely stating that blue+green=brown :)

I think that he or she would have the option of either blue or green skin, but also perhaps some little cosmetic things such as green skin with blue freckles or markings.

Also, blue + green = aqua.

If they'd had this in intial character creation it would have been meaningless to most people who don't have knowledge or interest of canon. You'd have a bunch of messy looking cross-breeds and the game wouldn't look much like star wars.

With care and interest tho, the above ideas presented sound cool...

I think that he or she would have the option of either blue or green skin, but also perhaps some little cosmetic things such as green skin with blue freckles or markings.

Also, blue + green = aqua.

D'oh! well it has been a while since i learned about colour mixing in school, but yeah an aqua coloured person would be cool :D

The Sith Purebloods are part human, only because of Sith Alchemy. Star Wars lore follows real world genetics, in that natural reproduction requires genetic compatibility. Species mixing would be extremely rare, and restricted to species that are very closely related.

The machine on Belsavis that the inquisitors use was the creator of some species, and presumably many of the near humans

The Sith Purebloods are part human, only because of Sith Alchemy. Star Wars lore follows real world genetics, in that natural reproduction requires genetic compatibility. Species mixing would be extremely rare, and restricted to species that are very closely related.

The machine on Belsavis that the inquisitors use was the creator of some species, and presumably many of the near humans

Clone Wars made Twi'lek crossbreeding canon and when you think about it, the races they did give us are Near-Humans anyway.