ALL SERVERS:The Mandalorian Conflict

veramillion

Time Line: ATC-9 – 9 cycles after the treaty of Coruscant is signed.

“Greetings once again. This is Master Gnost-Dural. I have traced the plausible causes of the first Jedi war and I now turn my attention to more recent events. It would seem there is an unknown that has risen to the rank of Supreme Mandalore. Not much is known about his roots but what is known has been proven in combat through gladiator combat. He is a ruthless combatant with cunning and skill unrivaled by his peers. I have come to call this blip in the timeline The Mandalorian Conflict. Please view the following holo. The first comes to us via a splice into Imperial communications. The second is the Jedi Order response.”

<sssssh…crackle…ssssssh> the image materializes and you see a large man clad in gladiator armor complete with helm and holding a huge vibro axe over his shoulder. He begins in a booming voice… “I have EARNED the title of Supreme Mandalore and I now call forth my people to rise up! It is time to make the Republic take notice that we are NOT destroyed!! It is time to show that NO Jedi or republic scum can crush our powerful people. <He swings his axe and plants it into the floor and begins to shake a clenched fist> It is time to take back what rightfully belongs to US! This is the first strike and it will be our day once again!” …end transmission..

……..LOADING……….

..Image materializes.. You see a Zabrak wearing the traditional Jedi robes…“ Greetings I am Eetok Koss of the Jedi Council. I have been chosen to relay a message from the council to all Jedi. We have come across communications that the Mandalorian's might be mobilizing for an offensive. There is no truth to these reports. We have convened with the Force and see it prudent to take no action in this conflict. The Republic army will deal with this potential uprising as they have in the past. May the Force be with you.”….end transmission..

Master Gnost-Dural continues…” …I will continue to unravel this uprising as it is taking place. I might have to do more research into the past to piece this new information together. I will elaborate more in my next report.”

---Ok I am trying to gauge response on a server wide event which I am calling The Mandalorian Conflict: First Strike.---

The idea is this. Next (3/30/12)weekend all we use are Troopers and Bounty Hunters. !NO FORCE USERS! A week is more than enough time to get to lvl 10+. It is also a good reason to either dust yours off your 50 or lvl the one you been meaning too.

PVP- world/battle ground pvp. It will pit Troopers vs Bounty Hunters should be interesting.

Guilds- Can organize world pvp on their own.

RP- Great opportunity for Jedi stories and how they are going to hold back or not. Good time to start a hunter or trooper. Guild story arcs. Sith stories and how they are/not involved.

NoN PvP- We are at a stalemate with the treaty being signed. Do your part in the war effort. Craft items for low lvl toons who will be in the conflict. Make a Medic. No one said you had to be on the dps end of pvp. Hit the heroics and flashpoints in a full group of troopers/hunters. How cool would it be to see starting zones filled with 1 class. All the devs do is create a sandbox for us to play in. Well…. here is a way to make SWTOR ours.

Here's what I would do if I were in your shoes.

1. Focus on a single server to do this on. I mean, coordinating a cross-faction event is difficult enough, the idea of having something like this on every single server in the game is... Laughable, to put it lightly.

2. Find experienced RPers to help you organize everything, two heads are better than one, and five heads are better than two.

3. No matter who or who does not show, just go ahead with it.

4. Why? I mean, what is the point of it? Everyone just roll a trooper/BH and run around? Seems silly, even from an MMO standpoint...

Edited by Guildrum

Needs a little more fleshing out. A skeleton structure of what we need to keep in mind. What is the goal? What are the roles needed? What suggestions can be used to utilize the in-game resources to pull this off?

I'm not against the premise, as it gives me an excuse to use my poor neglected BH, but I need more than just a premise cutscene.

I like the idea of this. I think the execution is going to be difficult (across servers), but I can spread the word to the guild I'm in that's on Ebon Hawk and see if they'll follow through and play only BH or Trooper for that weekend. We like roleplaying. :) Edited by QuintessaSHeera

OK could be I was a bit over zealous. I got the idea from another MMO but the server group was a lot smaller. Guess it was more because most movies pit the Jedi vs Sith. In BGs and just in general there are a lot of force users. I just thought it would be cool to see us as a whole band together for a weekend and play out a war like Clone wars or the last Mandalore war.

Guess I see the point you all make. I just thought I would try to see what others think. But it is more of an idea geared to an RP server than the community as a whole.

ahh i tried.