Is it me (Guardian Tank character)

Iggster

I'm currently level seventeen with average gear for my level and I seem to be having problems fighting anything that is with another mob, especially if one of the mobs is 'strong'.

Every fight I am coming out of leaves me with less than 10% health and thats even with my companion. Surely there is something I am doing wrong.

If anyone could shed some light on my situation I would greatly appreciate it as I am reaching the point where i'll just roll a new class.

Sure thing.

Momentum 3/3

Dust Storm 2/2

Victory Rush 3/3

Strength: 237

Endurance: 212

Health: 2585

Armour Rating: 1345

Reduction: 30%

I'm currently in Taris, could it be the enemies in this area are just tougher than others?

Sure thing.

Momentum 3/3

Dust Storm 2/2

Victory Rush 3/3

Strength: 237

Endurance: 212

Health: 2585

Armour Rating: 1345

Reduction: 30%

I'm currently in Taris, could it be the enemies in this area are just tougher than others?

You only need 5 points invested to unlock the next tier in a skill tree, so I'd pick which one you like better between Momentum and Dust Storm (keep Victory Rush, it's important) and move up to take points in Guard Stance and Lunge after spending those 5 points on the first tier.

Also, if you aren't permanently running in Soresu Form by now, you're now going to want to keep that up fulltime and make sure to equip a shield in your offhand so you get all your Defense tree and form benefits.

Other than that, yeah, Taris is a jump up in difficulty, and Guardian's not the easiest to level to begin with. You should notice some definite improvement once you get up to 23 and have Guard Stance, Lunge, Blade Barricade, and Warding Call, which are the core low-level Defense defensive skills. You may want to take a detour and put points into Swelling Winds as well if you value more AoE damage with your Force Sweep.

Finally, keep your combat companion (probably Kira if you're going into Defense) geared up, makes a big difference.

Edited by dizzyMongoose

You only need 5 points invested to unlock the next tier in a skill tree, so I'd pick which one you like better between Momentum and Dust Storm (keep Victory Rush, it's important) and move up to take points in Guard Stance and Lunge after spending those 5 points on the first tier.

Also, if you aren't permanently running in Soresu Form by now, you're now going to want to keep that up fulltime and make sure to equip a shield in your offhand so you get all your Defense tree and form benefits.

Other than that, yeah, Taris is a jump up in difficulty, and Guardian's not the easiest to level to begin with. You should notice some definite improvement once you get up to 23 and have Guard Stance, Lunge, Blade Barricade, and Warding Call, which are the core low-level Defense defensive skills. You may want to take a detour and put points into Swelling Winds as well if you value more AoE damage with your Force Sweep.

Finally, keep your combat companion (probably Kira if you're going into Defense) geared up, makes a big difference.

Yeah just to add, later on:

You Unlock 'Doc' medic companion, and as full defence i could solo things atleast 5 levels abive me with ease ;)