Sithwarrior's UI Sharing Tool

dorkvid

With the release of customizable UIs on the PTS, sithwarrior has come out with a tool that not only allows you to showcase your UI, but also to upload the xml file that stores all of those changes and make it available for anyone to download and use! Now you can browse through a list of screenshots, pick which ones you like, download their specific xml files, and load it! Check it out at http://sithwarrior.com/uifileshare/ , instructions are on the upload page for locating and uploading your own UI.

Feel free to critique and add suggestions as to features you'd like to see in the future, the devs will be listening.

The main issue with that is space. We may allow multiple screenshots in the future, but for now it's limited to one. The good thing though? The xml files are ridiculously small - 25kb a piece. You could download all of them, try them out, see what you like all in a very small period of time without hardly any effort on your part

Space, screen space or storage? If it's the former, you just have one image visible, when clicked on opens up like it does now into the lightbox, but instead a set of images to scroll through.

But yeah, you do have a point, with how easy it is, you can just drop them in and load up, it certainly is convenient - but if, a month, two months from now, you have 40,50, 100 even different uploaded UIs, it will start to become quite a pain, and that has just given me another idea. Perhaps it's early, but maybe there should be filters, descriptive such as how many action bars are visible, or general location of the unit frames like (top left, center, bottom center) or something, there's probably better ones than that, but as I say, when you have loads of them, having some way to sort through the style you want would be good - even just a simple rating system to sort by rating would be better than nothing.

It's certainly an alright start though!

Physical storage. Once 1.2 hits we're hoping to have a fairly large library of UIs, and this release is just a beta. It will be updated periodically with new features (a better rating system is in the works, for instance) - but by all means, please give out suggestions and critiques so we can try and fit it all in to a tool that most benefits the community. That scrolling image gallery is a pretty neat concept, I do like that

Edit: And tagging submissions with key words like "heals" or "map center" or other similar items could possibly be put in at a later date. All suggestions are definitely welcome!

Edited by dorkvid

Aye me too - although it's not finished, I haven't had time to refine the placement of a few things, like the raid or party frames, simply because I've not had the chance yet to be in either of those. Still, seems someone likes it already :p

Is it possible for a single user to upload different UIs? Do I just need to type in a different name for the UI?

For right now it's one upload per user. You can overwrite your old upload (and keep the download #), but we're not allowing multiple uploads at the time being. This is definitely subject to change however, depending on the demands / server capacity