The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

guru in the dunes

CrunkShizzle

is this quest suppose to be this hard or is there some cool thing im missing

because even when im like 3 lvls above the lvl on the quest.im still getting wrecked when yonlach ends up aggroing me

i mean i start out and just aggro yul-li and try to pull him far enough away so where my smash doesnt aggro yonlach but everytime yonlach ends up coming in when yul-li is still alive thats when i usually end up dieing really fast

im a lvl 31 vengeance spec juggernaught but yeah.just seems like im pretty much at the point where i was before i just said screw it and went to alderaan and quested

The caster mob has a channeled AOE that does tons of damage. I believe I had to too try my best to get out of the AOE and interrupt him while trying to burn down the melee add. It took a fortitude stim, med pack and all my cooldowns. Once I killed the melee add I ran out of the tent, he does not respawn, then you can go in and fight the master by himself. Also dont use smash as this will probably aggro him at the start of the fight.

is this quest suppose to be this hard or is there some cool thing im missing

because even when im like 3 lvls above the lvl on the quest.im still getting wrecked when yonlach ends up aggroing me

i mean i start out and just aggro yul-li and try to pull him far enough away so where my smash doesnt aggro yonlach but everytime yonlach ends up coming in when yul-li is still alive thats when i usually end up dieing really fast

im a lvl 31 vengeance spec juggernaught but yeah.just seems like im pretty much at the point where i was before i just said screw it and went to alderaan and quested

Yonlach doesn't start the fight immediately tagteaming with Yul-li. It's actually easier to do as Immortal spec, because you can utilize Backhand, and Force Push into a Crash(or you can use the fire and forget Force Choke). You also get Invincible to use.

I started the fight w/ Saber Ward against Yul-li. A little bit later(not immediately), I cycled in Invincible. Use Ravage and Sundering Assault/Force Scream when able. When Yonlach wakes up and casts, hit him w/ Force Choke or Backhand, and when he casts again, interrupt. He casts again, Force Push. Interrupt. Backhand/Force Choke(you should have one left), then interrupt. If you cycle your interrupt/crowd control on Yonlach, you keep his damage MUCH lower.

It's not a quick fight to blow through, unless you have a friend along. I believe that when I did the fight, I went through Saber Ward AND Invincible twice each. I didn't die, but there were times where my butt took a big bite out of my chair cushion.

how is immortal leveling up anyway

im wondering,with what i was doing with guru in the dunes.and from what im seeing with the plan is working! if i shouldnt just spec immortal and level with that instead of vengeance

cuz it seems like the class quests are pretty hard to get thru solo now

Edited by CrunkShizzle

I leveled all the way up to 50 as Immortal. It's actually fun, being able to whip out that backhand on someone(I like the sound/animation), or fire off a Force Choke and use Ravage on the same target. Crushing Blow isn't too terrible, other than a 15 second cooldown. I will say that it's a lot tougher to kill you as Immortal spec when you're able to lock something down for an obscene amount of time. It doesn't kill stuff as quickly as Vengeance or Rage spec though, but it is a LOT more forgiving as you're leveling up.

• 3 weeks later...

Just managed to kill em both at once.

Took me about 20 whipes and I still think the quest is way overtuned. What helped was summoning my pet outside then use heroic moment call on the force, go in and enrage and stack up more rage points. then close before the other on comes give yourself a break by using force choke and try to run out of the crap the second one fires asap all the time.

I did it on second try with my Vengance Jugg. first try I attacked both. Second time I focus fired the apprentice down first

First try on Jugg#2 who was immortal specced. same tactic as above...focus fire on apprentice and down before Jedi enters fray. Wasn't easy, but it is doable. it really pushes your knowledge of the class.

BTW, in the last Q&A they stated that the hard class bosses are by design. Jugg's aren't the only ones with a few tough fights. I've helped multiple guild Operatives on the dude in the ship (not sure who he is, the one that bugs allot), and multiple times I've helped random Inquisitors on their class legendary boss.

we all have at least one of those, and It's apparently by design. By the way...not going to ruin the legendary class quest for the Jugg for ya, but a quick tip: if you have a chance to rest, heal up, and let your defensive CD's refresh in the fight....DO IT.

Edit: And a note on the specs. Both Immortal and Vengeance play a bit differently. Vengeance can rock, but it feels much smoother with Quinn as your perma-companion. I leveled faster as Vengeance with quinn then I am as immortal with whoever (usually vette). Vengeance with a non healing companion can definitely feel squishier, but for both specs it takes digging into your toolbox and really fleshing the class out to make it work. Immortal just has a bit more flexibility in it.

Edited by Elyx

On my Veng jugg at around 28 ish, all I did was destroy the apprentice first, and then if you die, you die. The apprentice won't get back up either. Then go in again and focus on the master. thats what I did and "Didn't even break a sweat" on it!

dont know what the big deal of this venge spec lvl 28 and did it in first try used one medpack

then you probably did what everyone is suggesting without thinking about it. give thanks to your luck :)

some people weren't as lucky, so they need some pointers.

• 8 months later...
all of these pointers were a big help, but i encountered this fight at level 26 as a jug so it was a bit tough. one thing i would recommend along with these strategies is using soresu form. it should help mitigate the damage enough to take down the melee jedi. it might take a couple of tries, but it worked for me.

then you probably did what everyone is suggesting without thinking about it. give thanks to your luck :)

some people weren't as lucky, so they need some pointers.

It's not "luck", it's thinking for yourself.

EDIT: Yea... just 1 shot it on a lvl 28 Rage Juggernaut, that wasn't anything special.

Edited by ckoneful

• 1 year later...