BW, you absolutely must roll back the zero credits for WZs nerf

yukirshiro

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bioware i have the best solution for you at least its a start and can be worked on but you would need to pay me for consulting if you want in depth posts :p

since you have dailys that take 10-20 min each and give you 10-13k with a total of 8-12 dailys here is the plan (guessing i havent done dailys in forever and im not going to research it but i am pretty sure im close)

each warzone should last 10-15 minutes unless one team is playing without monitors

each medal gives a player 1000 credits with a max of 10 medals per game = 10000 credits per game

max the credit cap at 140,000 (example) for pvp or whatever the max pve dailies amount to..

problem solved almost like a daily quest but a credit cap quest ( an example to be used in a formula later)

gives players a reason to perform in wzs while also being able to get money like daily players

then if players want more income they can also do dailies and vice versa

however you may have to make recuit gear cost 1.0 - 1.5 million for all pieces

you have to figure a player can get at least 100k from dailies and it takes an hour max

14 games (140k) x 15 min a game = 3.5 of pvp hours and thats alot of playtime

youre welcome

Edited by woahdude

This better be fixed, or I might end up playing dragonnest or something. I mean, the whole reason why I've been playing this game is the incredibly simple but effective system of PAYING you an adequate sum for running warzones. If that's removed, then there's far less incentive to stay here if all I'm going to end up doing is grinding pve for pvp supplies like in countless other games. It would mean that a major reason why pvpers who dont have a ton of time to spend running around pveing just to get to pvp would no longer be provided the cost effectiveness benefit which has kept us here; which means if you remove that the pvpers will end up leaving for whatever game they find which provides in some way a higher degree of pvp fun than swtor since you have to farm for consumables anyway.

I like this game, I'd love to see it be a WoW-killer, but pissing off your pvp croud right before TERA comes out maybe isnt the best plan... Don't impliment the pvp warzone payment changes. No one was getting rich off warzones, and especially not while leveling.

Edited by getoffmahjock

BW are your trying to make people leave your game?... because until now i could manage with the credits from pvp (burly) - but this is just going to make me leave this game... not threatening or crying... just saying if that's what me and all the many people from this post think, your are looking for a serious cut downs...

Cause that link was relating to PTS not Live. If you hadn't noticed, Live PvP is no longer rewarding credits either.

Huh? As far as I know, this thread is also about the changes on PTS. As of Tuesday night, Warzones still gave credits on Live. (I haven't PvPed on a character where credits were an issue since Tuesday.)

Originally Posted by GZ

Guys,

We've changed the way rewards are given in Warzones (rewards are now based on participation - if you idle, you get nothing), and this has resulted in you seeing some odd values on PTS.

The current credit and XP numbers you are seeing are temporary. In a future patch to PTS, you will provide the necessary data for the system to allocate proper rewards.

Sorry for the confusion here, but it's the nature of the test server to sometimes receive incomplete systems. If we intended the current behavior to be final, you would have seen a patch note explaining this change.

TL;DR: Don't worry too much. You're looking at temporary data. Credit and XP rewards for Warzones, while changed to take participation into account, are not significantly changed from the numbers you've seen before. We expect some changes (as you are more likely to lose games early in your career, so we want to compensate for that), but nothing is finalized yet.

Ok this is good to know, so the OP has no worries.

When I dinged 50 and found nothing else to do I started grinding crafting and PVPd inbetween (talk about a learning curve on PVP...) anyway its my main source of cash now and really convenient as it puts me back next to the vendors to craft, good to know its not going away.

Awesome post. Hopefully people see this.

I hate your raids so the more I have to participate the less time I will play the game. Assuming the objective is to keep people playing your game any logic here to remove credits is astronomically dumb.

I have seen zero. Let me repeat ZERO inflation on my server for any item what so ever listing on the GTN. In fact its been deflating on many things in cybertech.

Players don't purchase items for toons. My craft cost to make low level blues and purple prohibits that player to player exchange.

The ship parts is pretty dry.

Not a lot sells on the GTN.

So I assume the metric you used doesn't judge inflation, because I have seen nothing to indicate inflating prices.

Except on repair bills when I have to pve. In a lot of cases as the rear firing sniper I will flee rather than take the death. Real teamsport because screw your repair system.

I don't think you know what makes for fun crafting.

Make items that sell. People want them. You make them. They buy them.

When I make purple crit crafted items and I have to list them at near cost I wonder if you at all understand why I hate your crafting developer.

Please don't make this change go live. I only play this game for PvP. I know, right?

Guild Wars 2. or any mmo that has yet to come out. Bioware has shown you what the pvp will be in this game. if you like it you should be playing WoW, they do it exactly the same (read gear grind to constantly have an excuse for lack of ballance, standard in mmo's now) but the WoW engine is head and shoulders above the ToR engine in pvp.

thread supported.

You have an MMO with no RvR, no world pvp, and now you've asked me to raid and do dailies for 3-4 hours a night for credits, mats and mods in ADDITION to the pvp dailies? ALL FOR A HUTTBALL END-GAME? Learn to know when you guys scroued things up and just go to maintenance mode. WHy are you chasing pvpers away before gw2 launches? Did you not go to business classes in college? Just squeeze some more dimes outa me over the next few months, don't just chase me away. idiots.

thread supported.

You have an MMO with no RvR, no world pvp, and now you've asked me to raid and do dailies for 3-4 hours a night for credits, mats and mods in ADDITION to the pvp dailies? ALL FOR A HUTTBALL END-GAME? Learn to know when you guys scroued things up and just go to maintenance mode. WHy are you chasing pvpers away before gw2 launches? Did you not go to business classes in college? Just squeeze some more dimes outa me over the next few months, don't just chase me away. idiots.

Thread outdated and answered...you're raging for no reason, like most of the people on the forums...

Guys, check the Dev tracker. They already responded and said that the lack of credits on PTS was because of the testing going on and will not happen on live. They are scaling monetary rewards based on participation, so you can't afk through a warzone and get the full reward. They also said it will changed based on level so the lower level guys who simply have a harder time competing won't get screwed just because they are lower level.

TL;DR -- Warzones will still give plenty of credits for the people who participate, PTS is glitched and will get a change that will fix credits before going live.

Guys, check the Dev tracker. They already responded and said that the lack of credits on PTS was because of the testing going on and will not happen on live. They are scaling monetary rewards based on participation, so you can't afk through a warzone and get the full reward. They also said it will changed based on level so the lower level guys who simply have a harder time competing won't get screwed just because they are lower level.

TL;DR -- Warzones will still give plenty of credits for the people who participate, PTS is glitched and will get a change that will fix credits before going live.

/me sighs with relief.

I was scared there for a moment. Creds from WZ never got me rich, but it was enough to buy simple stuff(like mando iron or custom stuff).

I understand a reduction maybe, but ZERO?!?

I watched some of the guild summit, and one of the things mentioned about the Legacy system was that there would be a way to level up your character PvPing for the most part. Obviously you'd still do the class quest chain at the bare minimum.

However, removing credit gain from warzones goes directly against lvling with PvP.

PLEASE RESCIND THIS CHANGE!!!

well i know its not ideal or optimal, but maybe but a few pieces of lower gear off the pvp vendor with some of the comms and sell them to vendor for some cash... or sell the crafting mats u get from missions... dont need to craft much anyways if your pvp.... crafting was more a PVE thang anyways... just throwin out ideas here...

u can always do the PVE quests for some cash too... or flashpoints... i can run thru BT or BP with a undergeared group within about 30-40 mins if were not gimped by RL interuptions or what not... the lvl gear it drops usually sells well to vendors or other players... plus they repeatable. anyoneelse got good money making ideas for the less then 50 players?

EDIT: just found this from ^

"georg Zoeller" "Guys,

We've changed the way rewards are given in Warzones (rewards are now based on participation - if you idle, you get nothing), and this has resulted in you seeing some odd values on PTS.

The current credit and XP numbers you are seeing are temporary. In a future patch to PTS, you will provide the necessary data for the system to allocate proper rewards.

Sorry for the confusion here, but it's the nature of the test server to sometimes receive incomplete systems. If we intended the current behavior to be final, you would have seen a patch note explaining this change.

TL;DR: Don't worry too much. You're looking at temporary data. Credit and XP rewards for Warzones, while changed to take participation into account, are not significantly changed from the numbers you've seen before. We expect some changes (as you are more likely to lose games early in your career, so we want to compensate for that), but nothing is finalized yet."

so you will get credits... just based upon ho3w MUCH u participate in the WZ... sorry afkers... no soup for you...

Edited by JaddynnStarr

The majority of you dont know **** about game breaking changes (SoE). Its not that big of a deal. If you find yourself crying every time they make a little change (whether it be good, or bad) then go play a different game, but im sure you will find that every other game makes changes too. we have such spoiled little brats in the mmo world. Its my way or i quit :mad:. you really cant please anyone anymore.