Let's show Bioware what kind of armor we really want!

RockysRevenge

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must say, playing a male sage is absolutely awful. The Tionese, columi and rakata sets all look HORRIBLE. It's almost embarrassing running around in a bath robe and an oriental fan on our heads...

Almost embarrassing, you say? I can't stomach the thought of putting my Shadow into a Rakata/Columi/Battlemaster set. First armor set that actually manages to be even more of an eyesore than the old Giantstalker set for WoW Hunters. And I thought NOBODY would be so mindless as to top that set's giant pagodas-as-shoulderboards look.

Anyway, on to constructive thoughts...

This picture from a page or two back sums up the core elements of what I would like to see for a Shadow's armor set: Dark tones, hooded cloak, a facial cover, and leggings rather than the Consular's skirt thing. From this base template, I'm imagining many color variations: a solid forest-green cloak over earth-tone robes, or various mottled/camo patterns depending on the environment the suit is intended to be used for, from forest patterns to cold-weather gear sporting mottled blue/white schemes for winter landscapes such as Ilum or Hoth or tawny loose-fitting robes for desert planets such as Tatooine, or even a jumpsuit done in a woodland camo pattern for use on heavily-forested planets like Dromund Kaas or Denova.

Another angle might be to go with a more urbane look for fitting into the populace on the more civilized worlds, such as Coruscant. Options there might be to go with half-length capes rather than full cloaks, or even to dispense entirely with any cape or cloak, since environments tend to be more controlled or enclosed in population centers. Alderaan might offer gear with somewhat stylized lines, in keeping with the spirit of the gear worn by the noble houses, while gear intended for hazardous environments such as Quesh or Balmorra might incorporate hazmat features into the designs, such as breathmasks and rubberized joints.

But egad, stop with the raids on Queen Amidala of Naboo's ceremonial wardrobe for Shadows! You're killing me.

This picture from a page or two back sums up the core elements of what I would like to see for a Shadow's armor set: Dark tones, hooded cloak, a facial cover, and leggings rather than the Consular's skirt thing.

But egad, stop with the raids on Queen Amidala of Naboo's ceremonial wardrobe for Shadows! You're killing me.

May Bioware hear you. Amen. :rolleyes:

I seriously can't imagine BW failing anymore.

After 40 lvls on my shadow, I can't take it anymore! Why do I look EXACTLY the same since lvl 10, only with worse slight adjustments and AWFUL head slots?

I mean, even the Imp counters get a huge variety in masks/helms. Why doesn't a class named Shadow get any masks at all? WHY DO ASSASINS LOOK SO AWESOME AND WE ARE STUCK LOOKING LAME!?

I mean we are the ninja/espionage class of the jedi, yet we wear flamboyant dresses with friggin fans on our head?...

Edited by rakuenCallisto

Because jedi Shadow are neither ninjas or assassins of any type. I will be the first to admit the bridal ware is frankly stupid, after all jedi are not white-mages or priests. They are jedi, their attire is practical and does not stand out.

And reall ninjas would not ware maskes, as it you know would attract attention. hell only Force using Jedi offshoots who ware masks are the Jensaarai who melded jedi and Sith traditions, the masks are actually orignal. As in Story Sith dont ware masks either. Even Revan's mask (which was only present to disguise Revan as being the Player Characters true origine in KOTOR 1) was taken from a slain mandalorian warrior who stood against the slaughter of the Cathar during the neo-crusaides.

The fact is story wise for the jedi less, and subtle is more, which runs contrary to the conventions of MMORPGs.

The Only Sith i have ever seen in "Crazy Armor" is Krayt and he even ditched that for a more subdued look.

http://timelineuniverse.net/images/DarthKrayt.jpg

http://www.starwars-holocron.net/images/comics/legacy--war-1.jpg

Because jedi Shadow are neither ninjas or assassins of any type. I will be the first to admit the bridal ware is frankly stupid, after all jedi are not white-mages or priests. They are jedi, their attire is practical and does not stand out.

And reall ninjas would not ware maskes, as it you know would attract attention. hell only Force using Jedi offshoots who ware masks are the Jensaarai who melded jedi and Sith traditions, the masks are actually orignal. As in Story Sith dont ware masks either. Even Revan's mask (which was only present to disguise Revan as being the Player Characters true origine in KOTOR 1) was taken from a slain mandalorian warrior who stood against the slaughter of the Cathar during the neo-crusaides.

The fact is story wise for the jedi less, and subtle is more, which runs contrary to the conventions of MMORPGs.

The Only Sith i have ever seen in "Crazy Armor" is Krayt and he even ditched that for a more subdued look.

http://timelineuniverse.net/images/DarthKrayt.jpg

http://www.starwars-holocron.net/images/comics/legacy--war-1.jpg

I completely understand there are no "ninja" jedi, I was making a simple description is all.

The point being: Shadows are inconspicious and rely on stealth and subtlety - not a makeover by queer eye for the straight guy to out "fab" the other team.

I seriously feel like the joke of all the jedi.

If assassins can LOOK LIKE ASSASSINS, we should be given the same respect.

Edited by rakuenCallisto

I really like the circlet/crown head piece paired with pants and a caped uniform chest piece like the noble set from Alderaan. That, or the Ithorian Traveler's chestpiece, which is nice because they included that model in the new renown legacy gear set.

As a shadow tank I don't want to blend in, because I'm not hiding when I'm holding the line against my enemies. At the same time, dressing like a foofy weirdo version of Queen Amidala is totally out of the question. And I agree that the stealthy classes should look, well, stealthy.

The Jedi should be wearing simple, well-fitting clothing that doesn't get in the way in combat.

That is exactly what I have been wanting. Still need the option of robe leggings and light shoulder guards, but that looks freaking great! Make it with all dark earth tones, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, make that for the consulars BW!!! It gets me mad looking at it because of how disgusting the consular garments look. After hundreds of hours looking at my crappy looking consular that I'm about to go republic assassin. It has felt like a real bad joke. :mad:

Almost embarrassing, you say? I can't stomach the thought of putting my Shadow into a Rakata/Columi/Battlemaster set. First armor set that actually manages to be even more of an eyesore than the old Giantstalker set for WoW Hunters. And I thought NOBODY would be so mindless as to top that set's giant pagodas-as-shoulderboards look.

Anyway, on to constructive thoughts...

This picture from a page or two back sums up the core elements of what I would like to see for a Shadow's armor set: Dark tones, hooded cloak, a facial cover, and leggings rather than the Consular's skirt thing. From this base template, I'm imagining many color variations: a solid forest-green cloak over earth-tone robes, or various mottled/camo patterns depending on the environment the suit is intended to be used for, from forest patterns to cold-weather gear sporting mottled blue/white schemes for winter landscapes such as Ilum or Hoth or tawny loose-fitting robes for desert planets such as Tatooine, or even a jumpsuit done in a woodland camo pattern for use on heavily-forested planets like Dromund Kaas or Denova.

Another angle might be to go with a more urbane look for fitting into the populace on the more civilized worlds, such as Coruscant. Options there might be to go with half-length capes rather than full cloaks, or even to dispense entirely with any cape or cloak, since environments tend to be more controlled or enclosed in population centers. Alderaan might offer gear with somewhat stylized lines, in keeping with the spirit of the gear worn by the noble houses, while gear intended for hazardous environments such as Quesh or Balmorra might incorporate hazmat features into the designs, such as breathmasks and rubberized joints.

Edited by Innocences

We need less cartoon colors. When we try to escape the onslaught of browns, we end up with sunshine yellow, Sky-blue, and leaf-green. I end up looking like a clown.

I've literally stopped leveling my shadow. Like my sage, the only option for DECENT/PASSABLE looking gear is BM armor. At least those sets aren't brown or one of the cartoon colors. Give me some dark, mysterious, sinister looking sets. I mean, you put in the morality system for a reason, right? Let us show off our true colors (that hopefully aren't brown).

I think that their current idea of having the same models for the end game gear, just recolored, isn't going to work.

I feel like the sage should have more ceremonial looking robes while the shadow should have more of something like this

http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/2240/screenshot2012042116072.jpg

I don't have those war hero pieces so this is what I'm using now, it's matched to the battlemaster chest.

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/9141/screenshot2012042113424.jpg

The only armor I can find that looks cool for my consular is the Bladefurry's Vest. I love this dark brown/bronzes, but it's med armor. I also like the battle master robes, but there are no dark browns? Grrr.....has anyone noticed how few armor choices there are for consulars? On top of that when I look at Torhead I must see a 10:1 empire choices compared to the Republic. Yet there are even fewer fewer choices for consular compared to other Republic. WTH is up with that BW?

http://www.torhead.com/items/catg/2/subcatg/2/quality/4/slot/7/page/3

End game Consular should be a mix of Bladefurry's vest and the one posted in my above post. http://media.photobucket.com/image/double%20bladed%20lightsaber%20fight/poyodiablo/Before%20and%20After/doubleBladed_jedi.jpg Hell, I'll just take Bladefurry's with some bottom robes leggings, but really the end game consular should have shoulder, wrist, glove, guards. It's still considered light armor, but BW needs to offer them in orange modifiable. I hope BW is paying attention to this thread.

Edited by Innocences

I think that their current idea of having the same models for the end game gear, just recolored, isn't going to work.

I feel like the sage should have more ceremonial looking robes while the shadow should have more of something like this

http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/2240/screenshot2012042116072.jpg

I don't have those war hero pieces so this is what I'm using now, it's matched to the battlemaster chest.

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/9141/screenshot2012042113424.jpg

That looks cool. What legs, feet and gloves to you use?

Edited by Morrtin

Heres a thought...

Anyone played Ultima Online, or Guild Wars?

Not saying this would fix everything but why not include a "Dye" system where you can manually change the color scheme of your clothing?

This would allow much more customization of the armor people find presentable.

I also understand this wont fix the ugly look that has seemed to curse our class but it would help in making what we do have more personal.

Just my thoughts

I really like how the new Jedi Consular stuff looks. The PvE stuff. The PvP stuff should crawl back into a hole...

I really cannot wait to see the new PvE armour on my Consular. I can actually see her in it from an RP stand point too. It is very Mystical looking to me, but also shows a warrior. Though I guess people see different things.

Yeah the new black hole stuff looks nice. Pvp is terrible tho.

More pants and shirts less dresses and fluffy cloaks.

I stopped playing my shadow for one reason. The gear looks TERRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIBLE.

Ok well four reasons, the Story SUCKS, the Companions SUCK too...

Oh and I found the voice acting kind of irritating...and fake.

(Especially the Nadia romance seemed very forced and hokey compared to the other classes I have seen, the characters seem much more developed and believable.)

I forced myself to look past all of that... but when it comes to gear... I can't make exceptions

I liked the Jedi Shadow Class itself, fun to play, although I think it needs more saber abilities,

but was very disappointed in everything else, I didn't want an inquisitor. I wanted to have a Jedi..

If you think the Consular story is at all good... well you haven't seen the other story lines (Sith Warrior, Even Trooper etc). Yes Yes, I know they are "Diplomats" but I didn't want to be a "Consular Diplomat" I had to become a Shadow, but he is still a Jedi and should be ******, but he's not, he is super lame. So please Bioware in any future stories, please make him ******

Anyway back to the outfit thing... I would like to see stuff like this:

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/1/19199/687852-starkiller_of_soul_caliber_4_1_super.jpg

Seriously that has SHADOW written all over it. Its simple but still sick looking.

BTW Bioware LET ME CHANGE MY HAIR - 90% of all Helms are now invisible on me now because I guess instead of fixing clipping problems you decided to just make them all invisible!!! My hair used to clip right through ANY HELM and now they are just invisible...............

Anyway back to playing my Sith Warrior and Trooper until something is done about this, I still want my Shadow to be my main but until then I'm not touching him.

I think a lot of people are pissed off about how little effort or thought was put into the Consular class. This art team just don't seem to have a clue. The garments seem thrown together with an attempt to make the class less popular. Was this done on purpose?