To my combat medic camaraderie...

Alzor

Stand strong and united brothers, and don't give up. Tho we may lose a portion of our healer base, keep in mind that the most dedicated and in turn our most skilled players will push through and remain loyal to our cause. Eventually Bioware will be forced to hear the voice of our community and undo the heinous crimes they've committed against us. This message not only goes out to Commandos, but to our allies, the Jedi Seers who will also take a severe blow in the 1.2 update. Remember, updates aren't carved into stone and can be changed.

So to re-emphasize:

Stand strong, it's always darkest before the light.

-Alzor

Tbh there wont be much of a community left after 1.2. Of the three medics I know including myself, two are quitting and one is rerolling.

I like the flow of commando healing quite a lot, as well as the animations. I also have 3 level 50 characters (my commando isn't 50 yet).

If the commando healers are nerfed TO THE GROUND and can't achieve anything, I'll play on my other max-level characters (Shadow, Sage, Vanguard). If certain specs are obliterated I'll try other specs. I like having a lot of options. If something gets nerfed to the point that it's not viable, I have plenty of options until they fix it (and they will fix it if it's that bad)

Already rerolled and have a scoundrel healer at 50 with 400 expertise, even before the patch Troopers weren't the best healers in PvP against a competent team due to over-reliance on casted heals, now they're going to not only get spam interrupted, but if they get off a few casts they'll be out of ammo!

Already rerolled and have a scoundrel healer at 50 with 400 expertise, even before the patch Troopers weren't the best healers in PvP against a competent team due to over-reliance on casted heals, now they're going to not only get spam interrupted, but if they get off a few casts they'll be out of ammo!

Totally agree with you.

I have a level 45 sage too and he is OP and I guess he is doing a lot more damage/healing comparing to my level 50 commando.

My commando is never OP in warzone and the only thing I can afford when being hit by just one guy is to get out of LoS or try to run into a place that he does not want to come along (that it will take long for him to get back). I can only take him out if I totally outgear him, and everyone can.

I know dps commando in balance spec can do a lot more in PvP, but that is because he is giving up that instant heal, which make him less useful in PvE as a healer. A dps with good single heal is quite OP in warzone, but that is the same with other healing classes. Why nerf commando only? Why hurt already-losing pure PvE healer so heavily?

I can simply just switch to my near 50 sage. But certain I don't like this.

Yah, good thing my healing set can be used by dorn, with that gear, she will out heal any combat medic in game come 1.2. I was looking foreward to giving combat medic a try, good thing I won't be wasting my time, which thus far, this game has been anyway. Edited by Nomaad

Stand strong and united brothers, and don't give up. Tho we may lose a portion of our healer base, keep in mind that the most dedicated and in turn our most skilled players will push through and remain loyal to our cause. Eventually Bioware will be forced to hear the voice of our community and undo the heinous crimes they've committed against us. This message not only goes out to Commandos, but to our allies, the Jedi Seers who will also take a severe blow in the 1.2 update. Remember, updates aren't carved into stone and can be changed.

So to re-emphasize:

Stand strong, it's always darkest before the light.

-Alzor

ABSOLUTELY agree with you brother!

I would definitely advise trooper healers to take a breather and relax and 'brace' themselves for whatever 1.2 will bring. Be it horrible, I would think not, or simply a minor nuisance. Statements like "This kills x,y, and z healers" are not really helpful :/. Please, no blanket statements about the healer player base!

I like the flow of commando healing quite a lot, as well as the animations. I also have 3 level 50 characters (my commando isn't 50 yet).

If the commando healers are nerfed TO THE GROUND and can't achieve anything, I'll play on my other max-level characters (Shadow, Sage, Vanguard). If certain specs are obliterated I'll try other specs. I like having a lot of options. If something gets nerfed to the point that it's not viable, I have plenty of options until they fix it (and they will fix it if it's that bad)

Well. thats good for you. For some of us that dont really have had time to level alts, this is pretty devastating, and the only thing left to do is basically unsub and wait for another game. I dont really want to expose myself to the frustration of playing a completely gimped class. SWTOR has been a huge disappointment.

Edited by Paralassa
content

Well. thats good for you. For some of us that dont really have had time to level alts, this is pretty devastating, and the only thing left to do is basically unsub and wait for another game. I dont really want to expose myself to the frustration of playing a completely gimped class. SWTOR has been a huge disappointment.

I would advise that AFTER 1.2, if your negative expectations are met, you have concrete reason to quit. Until then, you're probably riding on theories and maybes.

To think that another game wont change/ 'destroy' a class you are 'passionately' attached to is pretty naive me thinks :/.

Edited by Paralassa
removed bad quote content

I would advise that AFTER 1.2, if your negative expectations are met, you have concrete reason to quit. Until then, you're probably riding on theories and maybes.

To think that another game wont change/ 'destroy' a class you are 'passionately' attached to is pretty naive me thinks :/.

Your totally right. The proof will be in the pudding.

But as a CM and a player that often goes heals (yeah I'm a bit of a "care bear") I know when something doesn't look okay. The CM nerfs are not minor, they're substantial, and have a very real possibility of making the build a non starter.

Think of it this way. You work really hard for a year at work learning to do your position's tasks well. As with most jobs raises and promotions go to the highest performers. That's fine because you know your position inside out. But then management decides that you need more of a challenge so they make you tie one arm behind your back. Now you aren't nearly as effective at your job. Departments don't really want you because you'll make them look bad, and you really don't like your job any more.

So what do you do? Try for a different position in the company, knowing you have to start back at the bottom? Or quit and look for a new position in another company, where they won't be so dismissive with all the effort you make learning to do your job well?

People have invested time and now it might be a total waste of that investment. All we're wondering is why, and no one has tried to explain what the thinking is behind such a massive nerf. That's not a good sign IMHO.

Edited by Gezzer

Greetings Commando Troopers,

We love Troopers for their no-nonsense attitude and willingness to take on the challenges facing them, qualities exhibited in some of these posts. It looks like this exact conversation is going on in a different thread, so we are going to go ahead and close this one, but we encourage you to continue the discussion here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=372693

Thank you for your feedback!