1.2 Total Items Reset...?

ThaWolf

After reading Patch notes, and many Discussions on the PTS Forums i fear thats what we will have to live with:

1. All pre 1.2 Sets: you cant tranfer the set bonus into new Orange+augment gear.

(Edit: yes the patch notes sound differently but it works only for 1.2+ sets)

2. PVE: all T3 Items you can gain though Dailys or in the new Instance.

Which literally means that all Hardmodes, Karaggas P. and Eternity Vault make no sense to run anymore instead we get Asia Style Daily grinding for T3.

Edit: you get T3 in Nightmare mode and t3 Commendations through the weelky thy @Ravaran

3. PVP: Valor Rank becomes useless, in terms of which items set you can get since you can get T3 right from the start.

PvP T1-T2 sets nobody will bother with anymore.

4. The biggest joke, No augment slots on T3 Set items PVE or PVP, which means, dont even bother with the fact that they are ugly again, since you want to have augmented Items instead anyway!

Sadly it seems all what we do until 1.2 comes out, is pointless.

(What i call T3 is basically a overworked new T3)

Edit: big thanks to Mr. English teacher, i hope you write German as good as i write English.

Edited by ThaWolf

1. All pre 1.2 Sets you cant take the set bonus into new Orange+augment gear.

Okay

2. PVE All T3 Items you can gained though Dailys or in the new Instance.

Okay

Which literally means that all Hardmodes, Karaggas P. and Eternity Vault make no sense to run anymore instead we get Asia Style Daily grinding for T3.

Yes I agree.

4. The biggest joke, No augment slots on T3 Set items PVE or PVP, which means, dont even bother with the fact that they are ugly again, since you want to have augmented Items instead anyway!

Yes! wait... no?

Edited by Parali
rude

You need to read patch notes more carefully

•Players can now remove Armoring modifications from items with set bonuses and transfer those set bonuses to Custom (orange) items. These modifications can only be transferred to an item that is equipped in the same slot.

No word about organge+Augment indeed.

2. PVE All T3 Items you can gained though Dailys or in the new Instance

Tier 2 (new) endgame items can be reverse engineered,

THERE IS NO T3! The NEW set is T2

3. PVE Valor Rank becomes useless, T1-T2 sets nobody will bother with anymore, you can get T3 right from the start.

What is a PvE Valor Rank???

And who told you you could get T TWO(!!! not T3, see point #2) right from the start?? I'm pretty sure the new instance is balanced toward people in full/partial Rakata gear

Edited by JonathanCP

1. If you read the "clarification" yellow texts, then you find out that this is not going to happen to any sets before 1.2, because their set bonus is bound to the body an they are not going to change that.(you can take take out the armor, without set bonus)

2. If you call it T3 or "new T2" or by "Name", doest change any facts.

They can be reverse engineered thats right, but nobody knows the chances, and how many items will get from raid, dailys or Warzone Commendations with big effort to reverse engineer?

3. PVE Valor was a typo, its PVP but that was hard to find out i guess...

Edited by ThaWolf

After reading Patch notes, and many Discussions on the PTS Forums i fear thats what we will have to live with:

2. PVE All T3 Items you can gained though Dailys or in the new Instance.

3. PVP Valor Rank becomes useless, T1-T2 sets nobody will bother with anymore, you can get T3 right from the start.

Sadly it seems all what we do until 1.2 comes out, is pointless.

Edit: big thanks to Mr. English teacher, i hope you write German as good as i write English.

1: Correct, we must get new gear for the set-bonuses, it sucks, but oh well.

2: T2 gear cannot be solely gained through quests, only the weekly gives 6 black comms. You get them in new raid and nightmare old raids. People will likely do all, its fine.

3: PvP, you must have the battlemaster piece first to get the ranked piece, it will be okay.

4: You are correct, T2 should be augmented, or at least there should be chance of dropping augmented versions. But I believe they can all be reverse engineered to learn the recipe, and then crit versions can be made from that. I don't really like this.

I wouldn't say its pointless what we do now. You still need the battlemaster pieces to get the ranked pieces, and getting Rakata gear will help you clear the new raid easier and the nightmare old raids.

Quoted for emphasis on both truth and importance.

Sometimes I feel like you should not be allowed to post about 1.2 until you pass a written test that demonstrates you actually understand the patch notes correctly. :p

It is pretty typical for the next set of gear in any MMO of this style (ie loot grind games) to invalidate previous sets. I for one am very glad for the shift toward a player fueled economy rather than raid/pvp grinding alone. The mods for T2 only come out of end game stuff, and if you want the new skins with augments you can get that from crafters as well. I see no problem with this, better than end game gear comes from a combination of crafting and raiding/pvp than through either alone. Edited by SWImara

Well i do not oppose Crafting Endgame gear at all, as long if there is as much effort involved as raiding or PvP for it.

I liked that you could obtain T3 non set items through daily grinding, but i didn't like that they dont drop in raids.

There should be no need to get endgame-gear for ppl who dont do endgame stuff.

I would find it ok if you even can get Set-Gear which is one tier lower then the last high end though dailies. This would even help to balance out bad loot/drop luck für raiders, and ppl who want to raid could be raid-ready without having to do Gear-runs in old content

But i think, to be able to gain high end Gear though non-raid dailys/weeklys, means that you are forced to do them if you are a raider, so even if you dont like grinding, but love endgame raiding you need to do that as well to stay competitive.

Edited by ThaWolf

set bonuses suck anyways, augment slots are minor gains, imo get the slave outfit and call it a day!!!!

since im a male character (boot) ill be rocking the snowman outfit, i dont care about setbonuses since all i do is pvp, looks > all since the extremely minor gains from set bonuses or augment slots wont stop me from killing you.

Edited by Paralassa

•Players can now remove Armoring modifications from items with set bonuses and transfer those set bonuses to Custom (orange) items. These modifications can only be transferred to an item that is equipped in the same slot.

No word about organge+Augment indeed.

Actually, the dev's have posted in addition to this saying that the set transferring bit does not apply to the pre 1.2 endgame gear

And who told you you could get T TWO(!!! not T3, see point #2) right from the start?? I'm pretty sure the new instance is balanced toward people in full/partial Rakata gear
A lot of people refer to them as

• centurion = t1
  • champion = t2
  • battlemaster = t3

set bonuses suck anyways, augment slots are minor gains, imo get the slave outfit and call it a day!!!!

since im a male character (boot) ill be rocking the snowman outfit, i dont care about setbonuses since all i do is pvp, looks > all since the extremely minor gains from set bonuses or augment slots wont stop me from killing you.

^ This.