WARHERO GEAR

REQ Valor 70 both buy and wear

Currency Ranked WZ comm

Ranked Warhero

Req Valor 80 both to buy and wear

same armour a normal warhero but with an empty augment slot

CUrrency: a normal war hero ( with its mods intact) piece +ranked commendation

OR

Implement this on current PVP servers rename them HArdcore servers and free transfer all the ppl (b... herm casuals) that want your 1.2 free for all

I personally pick 2

and make a PvP hardcore forum so we can flame each other after WZ

Edit Or make 1 hardcore server with free transfer to it

any of those 2 I sub again in 17 days :p

Edited by Jrovak

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Another person who just wants to continue to smash people in weak gear. Oh and look he said he's unsubbed. Move along.

no the solution 2 or 3 will see ppl like me that want real competition out of your face and yu can still play eZY mode casual

everybody wins

All I read is, "Hey look, I don't work, I live w/ my parents, I'm glued to the computer, I want to beat ppl that are better than me in real pvp 'cause I got no life and I can afford the grind."

PS: "What's a Girl?"

Edited by Scav

I've never understood this desire for better gear (An Aug slot in this suggestion) On higher rated gear. Your gear should be equal or worse (If you truly are skilled, than playing against the handicap is more satisfying, no?) than the general population, instead of better. But this is another thing for a different thread.

I do agree with making BM gear attainable at 50, but not equip able until 60. That way there's less "downtime" where you're gathering BM before Rateds, and more time spent honing your class in situations. I do not doubt that there will be many who just ball into Rated's on fresh toons with <50 Valor, this would give them a benchmark to pass.

Edited by ilovethepink

no the solution 2 or 3 will see ppl like me that want real competition out of your face and yu can still play eZY mode casual

everybody wins

Real competition meaning? The fact that you spent way more time than another grinding out gear doesn't make you any better at PvP than them. There is already a thread about 1.2 pvp changes, what's the point of this one again?

kk I dont understand the criticism here, I dont want to get gear to destroy everyone I am arguing for a competitive server with a clear path gearing system.

or is it that you would be upset cause you want to play hardcore server for prestige but dont have time?

It seems to offer a solution for both casuals and hardcore players at the same time

The real solution to save PvP from baddies is to give all people the same gear so the bad players can't win by just playing longer and getting superior gear to fresh lvl 50 players.

I have to second the opinion posted some posts above, I really can't understand the desire to have a gear war in PvP. I blame the developers of WoW to bring that **** of a system into PvP. The real PvP games like Guild Wars or Dark Age of Camelot have either equal gear for all players (GW) or a much less steep gear curve (DAoC before ToA that is).

The wannabe successor of DAoC which is Warhammer Online was partially ruined because of their totally messy gear curve, which was inspired by WoW and makes starting PvP with a character in leveling gear an absolute pain in the ***.

Edited by Arancor

kk I dont understand the criticism here, I dont want to get gear to destroy everyone I am arguing for a competitive server with a clear path gearing system.

or is it that you would be upset cause you want to play hardcore server for prestige but dont have time?

It seems to offer a solution for both casuals and hardcore players at the same time

Hopefully there will be cross server queues, if you want to PvP against "hardcore" people, you'll get your wish. I myself am tired of queueing solo and dealing with premades consisting of 5 sorcs a tank and a couple bounty hunters. If you queue solo, it should put you in with others who are doing the same, imo.

Then slap some fancy ratings and colours on it, by asking for extra stats you basically said "Hi, I want better gear to smash people with", whether or not that was what you meant isn't the point.

While I do believe in having some kind of requirement to get the BM gear and new top end gear, 70 is just too much. I'd say level 60 for what ever the highest rank gear is.

The system I would like to see implemented is as follows:

Champ Gear: Purchaseable from WZ/Merc Commendations. No requirement

BM Gear: Purchaseable from currency received by doing Ranked WZ matches. valor rank 60

War Hero gear: purchasable from currency recieved by doing ranked WZ matches. Valor rank 60; must have a "x" ranking to purchase said gear.

Btw, just because you are valor rank 60/70/80, it doesn't mean you are good.

Edited by Humankeg

The thing is, folks, that having equal gear to the opposing team doesn't make you feel better.

Why?

Simple. Almost NEVER will you experience a 1 on 1 in a Warzone. It'll be (in the best cases) a 2 on 2, or a 3 on 3, and in the worst, a 1 on 3, or a 1 on 4.

At that point, gear doesn't matter as much as composition. Three DPS will almost definitely lose to two DPS and a healer.

let me grasp this..

you want the free gear no effet and at the same you don't want a hardcore server where ppl would CHOSE to go of their own free will to something that is a bit harder?

I reapeat YOU CAN still play normal server and get ezymode stuff

WHY NOT?

cause you would feel compelled to go ?

burt then couldnt ask free stuff being harcore and all?

and .. that would make yu FEEL LIKEsecond GRADE Player?

disclaimer ONLY CLICK SPOILER IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ME!

YOU ARE ALREADY SECOND GRADE BADDIES ANYWAY WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM...! @#$

Edited by Jrovak

How mature.

Surely someone who is so great and mighty, doesn't need gear to beat others, and can easily outplay people in lesser gear?

No? **** off then. Stop whining.

stomping geared baddies isnt the issue here I and others I am sure would like to have the opportunity to play ranked wz against meninfull oponents taht arent just queing cause they have to be here to get the gearz.. and they made it to the queue getting welfare from bioware

stomping geared baddies isnt the issue here I and others I am sure would like to have the opportunity to play ranked wz against meninfull oponents taht arent just queing cause they have to be here to get the gearz.. and they made it to the queue getting welfare from bioware

And you will be, after the pre-season's finished. There's another thread on here that's talking about it, can't remember the name without checking. There will be HighvHigh matches later on, otherwise... why have Rated matches? As far as I know they're using Pre-season to make sure it works, before jumping in with Rateds.

If that's wrong, then I've misinterpreted what I've read from others, but that's what is going to happen, I think.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=371387

Edited by ilovethepink

I was 64 Valor before the changes, 100% via world PVP in Ilum (Vornskr had it) and warzones. And I got full BM gear the 'hard' way.

Am I a bit bummed that Valor is so easy now? Yes. It makes a mockery out of the whole valor ranking thing. And since they are removing valor requirements from BM gear anyway (or at least: make the slightly BETTER War Hero gear have no such requirements), the whole 300% increase to valor gain thing was not really needed.

Am I a bit bummed that after suffering through the RNG mess for BM tokens, BM gear will now sell for warzone commendations? Of course I am. They should have done it that way from the start, or they should AT LEAST have given us 'old style' BMs some compensation, like e.g. a helmet that doesn't make me look like some stupid bug creature from the black lagoon, or some armor dye.

However, do I mind the playing field will be a lot more even? No, not at all. I vastly prefer it when SKILL determines who wins, not gear. Anything to contribute to this is a positive in my book.

OP, you are the baddie if you need a gear advantage to win. Gear has always been easy to get in this game, just time consuming for good and bad players alike. Gear will still be easy to get, it just will be less time consuming (esp for good players).

Valor is meaningless, gears should require a Warzone rank.

Anyway, there are 2 problems:

1. First of all Pvp gear must be on the same level of Pve gear (or people will just use PVE gear).
    If you want to have a "Fair" Pvp where the gear of everyone is the same without progression, the gear will be basically free, and will be too easy to get it. --> since it should be easy accessible to everyone, but at the same time it should be endgame gear

2. If you want to reward better players, or at least make a little effort to get gear (next War Hero won't have any effort) people will scream at unbalance.

I don't know what should be the solution personally...

Edited by TheNotorius

Yes, they should implement what you said op if BW wants to lose money.

how?

why?

I ve made my argument at least make yours

Why not completly remove social valor? I dont Pve at all and yet I need some social rank to wear some gear ?

how is this different that removing valor to wear Pvp gear?

why cant I spend my wz tokens on Pve gear as well as Pvp gear then

why cant I get free Pve gear like PvP gear is?

Edited by Jrovak