Is the lack of patch fixes concerning?

WildbloodX

I wonder if BW is adding all the actual fixes in the patch notes? It seems that the patches get smaller and smaller each week.

•Made further adjustments to prevent incorrect access for Weekend Pass players.

was all they did this week above maintenance. I think this is concerning because there are serious issues that need to be fixed. Like the "protect the shipment" quest on Ilum. I spent an hour trying to get this one done just to find out it has been broken since beta. A quest that is broken should not be obtainable as a quest.

I am a bit concerned, what about you?

Edited by WildbloodX

did you look at the 1.2 notes? Did you notice how big they where? Did you at all come to realize they have been doing a lot of work on 1.2 with bug fixes, new content, adjusted content and fixes?

Why the hell would you be concerned. They are obviously working their asses off.

Please give it a rest, no developer could work faster then they are doing, they are trying to please you guys but it is starting to seem that this will be impossible since the group here complain about everything.

I would not doubt if they decided to make it ftp, 90% of the people would complain, just to complain

You mean that patch thats not coming out for AT LEAST another month,...and probably longer?

I guess that means we should be happy to not have anything fixed while we wait for a patch,....that by the comments made about it so far is going to really screw the game up so we will need to wait even longer for it to be fixed.................

Edited by ScottWAR

You mean that patch thats not coming out for AT LEAST another month,...and probably longer?

I guess that means we should be happy to not have anything fixed while we wait for a patch,....that by the comments made about it so far is going to really screw the game up so we will need to wait even longer for it to be fixed.................

Last I heard it was coming out in April, last I checked beginning of April was 11 days away, as well nothing stating that it would be over a month from now. Also being so melo dramatic does not do your post any justice.

You and 3/4's of the player base has no idea on what it takes to fix codes, to make sure the fix works, as well to ensure the fix does not break anything else or cause your system to bog down. This is a fact considering you and others figure a fix is an easy thing to do and should just be fixed within a day.

You and 3/4's of the player base has no idea on what it takes to fix codes, to make sure the fix works, as well to ensure the fix does not break anything else or cause your system to bog down. This is a fact considering you and others figure a fix is an easy thing to do and should just be fixed within a day.

Actually me and 100% of the player base have no reason to have an idea about anything it takes to make this game. We are PAYING customers.....not employees.

Oh and it was the END of April, beginning of May, AT THE EARLIEST,..so it will probably be longer than a month from now.

This is a fact considering you and others figure a fix is an easy thing to do and should just be fixed within a day.

Yeah,,,,...problem is we are three months out from release,..and very little has been fixed,..in fact more has been broken than has been fixed. So we have waited FAR LONGER than a day. But blindly defending a game means you have to be blind and not see the obvious I guess.

Edited by ScottWAR

If they broke that patch up in smaller portions and put them out every week, I bet 400 billion dollars, my life and the life off all my family members that half the people would complain about all the frequent patches and why they couldnt just save most of it for one big patch.

No matter what they do, the majority of you will whine because most of you are entitled little brats.

No matter what they do, the majority of you will whine because most of you are entitled little brats.

Yeah.....cant defend the game with facts,...so resorting to insults.........exactly who is the brat?

Edited by ScottWAR

I hope for launcher fix so i can play this game im paying for dam sure its not me or my pc

thats the problem im not the only one :mad:

its bad very bad if ppl cant play

It has to be you or your pc, otherwise NOBODY would be able to play.

did you look at the 1.2 notes? Did you notice how big they where? Did you at all come to realize they have been doing a lot of work on 1.2 with bug fixes, new content, adjusted content and fixes?

Why the hell would you be concerned. They are obviously working their asses off.

Please give it a rest, no developer could work faster then they are doing, they are trying to please you guys but it is starting to seem that this will be impossible since the group here complain about everything.

I would not doubt if they decided to make it ftp, 90% of the people would complain, just to complain

I read this post and actually expected a teary eyed video going

"LEAVE BIOWARE ALONE!!!!"

If they broke that patch up in smaller portions and put them out every week, I bet 400 billion dollars, my life and the life off all my family members that half the people would complain about all the frequent patches and why they couldnt just save most of it for one big patch.

Oh,,,and you owe me 400 billion dollars, your life, and the life of all your family members...................there have been several smnall patches and nobody has compalined abnout anything except them fixing FAR too little. Nobody has complained about them being too frequent.

Edited by ScottWAR

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

I think the ones without letters are regular patches, and the ones with letters are patches for the patches.

1.1.5 - 3/6/2012

1.1.4 - 2/22/2012

1.1.3 - 2/14/2012

1.1.2 - 2/7/2012

1.1.1 - 1/31/2012

1.1.0 - Rise of the Rakghouls

1.0.2 - 1/4/2012

1.0.1 - 12/27/2011

1.0.0 - Welcome

8 normal patches over 12 or so weeks (12/20 - 3/20), which works out to about a patch every 1.5 weeks.

I personally would like to see more fixed and quicker, but given the track record I have seen, I don't think this code base is easy to work in without breaking other things. So be careful what you ask for. ;)

I am kind of expecting the release of 1.2 to be a big mess.

Edited by Qoojo

Yeah the protect the shipment fix is long overdue. Personally I havent been able to play Cad since launch without the application crashing on me every 5 minutes either. Still not sure why it does that since I don't have any other problems, whatsoever, in the game.

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

8 normal patches over 12 or so weeks (12/20 - 3/20), which works out to about a patch every 1.5 weeks.

I personally would like to see more fixed and quicker, but given the track record I have seen, I don't think this code base is easy to work in without breaking other things. So be careful what you ask for. ;)

I am kind of expecting the release of 1.2 to be a big mess.

Dev teams are only as strong as the weakest link. They should have a team working on patching areas that will not change, in 1.2 (graphical problems, mission scripts, environment issues and tunning) while the larger crew works on 1.2. This way the customers see the patch notes and feels like things are getting done for the money they are paying every month.

Ohh yeah and WHY THE HELL CAN"T I ADD OFFLINE FRIENDS TO MY FRIENDS LIST!!! :)