how

wolfthug

how to get a pet: Open your quest log, under the heading Class... those are your class quests. If you keep doing those you will get companions.

how to read what players say in the game: not sure off hand. I think you can just right click the tab on your chat window, and maybe it says Options, font size. Just guessing.

what's the different between light and dark side: Well, not much. There are some items that have a light or dark requirement, but the only item of importance would be relics that you can equip before level 50. I've leveled 2 toons to 50. the first one, I did what I felt like, and was always neutral. so i had no relics until I was level 50 and could buy them off the pvp vendor. big deal. The sage I made a decision because in my 20s I picked up a couple of lightsabers that had a light/dark requirement. Again, this didn't matter, as there were plenty of other lightsabers with no light/dark requirement. I wish I had leveled her as neutral as well so i could enjoy the story the way I wanted to.

im new to sw

Welcome.

how do i get a pet?

If you mean a Companion (another character that comes with you and helps you fight, and can do Crew Skill actions for you), then you will get one about when you leave your starter planet (they might "guest" for a quest or three before then), and will recruit more at various points in your Class Story.

If you mean a vanity pet (that just scurries about looking cute), I can't help beyond knowing that you got a "mouse droid" with some of the Collectors or Special editions of the game.

im havin ttroble readong what playerss say in the game can i blow up the text?

I think you can increase the size of chat text, but that's just hearsay from reading on here.

whats the diff btw light n dark sides?

Light/Dark choices pretty much only affect the ability to use a few items. As it stands, low level Relics are mostly aligned one way or another, so being neutral might mean you can't have one. Otherwise it's light sabres and colour crystals that are affected. But that's all going to change in 1.2. Just do what your character would do.

im new to sw. my questions is how do i get a pet? n im havin ttroble readong what playerss say in the game can i blow up the text? n whats the diff btw light n dark sides?

Welcome!

There's two types of pet. One which is not technically a pet, but is called that, by players ,because that's what it's called in other games and there's one that acts more like a real pet. The first one is called a companion. To get a companion you will have to do class missions. Those are your main story missions and are mandatory if you want to advance. There's also another kind of pet called a vanity pet which just follows you around and does nothing. They are just there to look good. They can be bought from vendors. Which vendors I can't tell you cause I don't know.

You can increase the text in chat by right-clicking on one of the tabs and then font size. You can increase it up to size 18.

Light side and Dark side points are gained by making Light side and Dark side decisions during conversations. You can see your progress along the Light or Dark side path in your character window (C by default) It will be a vertical bar. That bar will go either up or down depending on your choices. Also once you reach a certain threshold of Light side or Dark side points you will gain a Light side or Dark side level. For example Lightside I, or Darkside V. While there are some gear pieces that require you to have a certain level in either Lightside or Darkside, there's always and equivalent for the opposite. Mostly they affect your story. Also if you gain a high amount of Darkside points you will see your face starting to change, simulating darkside corruption. That can be turned off in settings.

Hope that helps!

Edited by dosadnik

Even if you are only interested in the stuff you can get from going Light/Dark, they are adding things so those who are Neutral have access to similar stuff.

As far as Light/Dark, I create a frame of reference for each character and try to choose the answer that fits that frame of reference without trying for Dark 5 or Light 5. Over time, they all tend toward one extreme but I do not let the goal of Dark/Light 5 determine my answers.

I can have two characters play the same quest lines and choose diferent answers. For example, my Sith Inquisitor tends toward the Light because she was a slave and is less harsh toward the weak but she is still a firm supporter of the Empire. My operative on the other hand will always follow through with what he says. Even if the quest ends up being better for him if he goes back on his work, he keeps his work. thus he trends Dark but has a lot of Light Side points.