Why no real viable set bonus on PVP gear for Arsenal?

teyngodown

Now i play a pyro merc and run eliminator set for the 15% RS crit. While this seems like it would be ok for Arsenal as they to get a damage bonus on railshot, it just isn't as effective.

Getting a 15% crit chance on a skill with a 15 second CD isn't my idea of an arsenal set bonus. Pyro's can use abilities to proc free RSs (merc or PT can both do this) so this set seems to cater more to them.

The 2 piece set bonus though is nice for arsenal because it brings your jet boost down to 15 seconds if you have 2 points in jet escape. After that you might as well put pve armor on to get the 15% crit chance on TM.

The other pvp set (combat tech) Reduces determination CD by 15 seconds which is nice (Carbonize or Neural Surg don't matter as a merc) and gives a 15% crit chance on rocket punch. As arsenal RP has an added knockback and a shorter CD than RS. On top of that RP is considered "Tech" which is better as a skill than RS which is "ranged".

Again though the only real set bonuses from either DPS set that benefit arsenal are the 2 piece bonuses. You chose whether you want a knockback more often or CC break more often. In both scenarios though you would still want the 2 piece pve set bonus because the 4 piece pvp bonuses just aren't worth it.

As an arsenal merc, I took combat medic PVP armor for the +crit, which helps with heat management.

you do realize you could take those enhancements and mods out and put it into the non medics gear so you can get the crit AND the set bonuses, just saying