The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Pyro PvP Build - 8/8/25

ZeusThunder

Wondering what the opinions of the community are on this build:

http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/bounty_hunter/powertech/#::fef5ef5ef6efef11e2f3e6fe2f3efef2e:

You'll notice that I didn't pick up burnout. My original PvP dps build had this, but I realized after awhile that after 30% my targets aren't staying alive long enough to really get much benefit from this. In PvE a dps spec will obviously want to have this ability but assuming you're in a good group that is focus firing burnout isn't all that useful.

Instead I put the points in Hot Iron and Prototype Cylinders. Instead of getting maybe 200-600 extra damage on targets, depending if I have IM on them or not, I'm getting 6% extra Flame Burst damage and 3% tech crit chance.

I tried this and found it lacking in max range dps. Being squishy as we are, when facing a team sentient enough to recognise you as a top but squishy dps, you will be targetted a lot, so you'll need to LoS many enemies while hitting your target. Therefore, you won't be out in the open & within 10m all of the time (being on high ground in huttball is the typical situation). TD helps a lot with keeping ranged DPS up.

Mind you, I'm not saying staying at max range is our goal at all - on the contrary. But TD helps make up for when you need to, while arguably not losing overall DPS to the 8/8/25.

Overall, it's pretty close, so for solo play I'd say it's a matter of preference. Obviously numbers would be nice to see.

Wondering what the opinions of the community are on this build:

http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/bounty_hunter/powertech/#::fef5ef5ef6efef11e2f3e6fe2f3efef2e:

You'll notice that I didn't pick up burnout. My original PvP dps build had this, but I realized after awhile that after 30% my targets aren't staying alive long enough to really get much benefit from this. In PvE a dps spec will obviously want to have this ability but assuming you're in a good group that is focus firing burnout isn't all that useful.

Instead I put the points in Hot Iron and Prototype Cylinders. Instead of getting maybe 200-600 extra damage on targets, depending if I have IM on them or not, I'm getting 6% extra Flame Burst damage and 3% tech crit chance.

I run 8/8/25 all the time. But I am afraid that post 1.2 Pyros need to compensate for the loss of burst, and will most likely need TD.