Amazon Collector's Edition

Senth

I know there's already threads on this but I wanted to say a little more than "Wee, yay, CE!" Many of you probably know that online customers almost got screwed with shipping and unfortunately many of you cancelled your CE purchase and bought the digital copy or didn't buy it at all, but as you now know EA/BioWare has decided to give us a grace period anyhow as we have requested and either Stephen was wrong and Amazon did have copies or EA/BioWare got the mess resolved with retailers and they were able to ship early as I got my copy on December 16th with Prime shipping from Amazon.com.

So what I'm saying is, rejoice, because many of you may be able to get your CE on time and there is a grace period. I feel bad for those of you who abandoned ship at the first big wave.

***** for me i ordered mine on gamestop.ca and they still say that it ships on the 20th and allow for 10 buisness days :(

At the time all retailers thought they wouldn't get it until the 20th but it looks like they've fixed it.

Ya, i gotta say, i think that 2 days of grace period is a little light.... Especially since many things happen in shipping. 5 days would have been better...

2 days it better then 0, :/ but still if amazon has already shipped their units why isn't gamestop? Thats total B.S

Edited by mparnelly

I agree, I stopped ordering from GameStop a long time ago, but you can contact them and see if they have received their copies.

And really.. we got a grace period like we asked, are you really going to ***** because it's not all you wanted? Compromise. You want 5, they want 0, they gave you 2.

I agree, I stopped ordering from GameStop a long time ago, but you can contact them and see if they have received their copies.

And really.. we got a grace period like we asked, are you really going to ***** because it's not all you wanted? Compromise. You want 5, they want 0, they gave you 2.

so just call their support and beg them to ship it early to me?

After being completely annoyed with trying to change my shipping address to allow for my whereabouts around christmas, Gamestop shipped my CE to my doorstep today. Too bad I'm still at work and won't be home till the twentieth :( These guys can't win for losing with me haha

But at least it's there, waiting for me on my doorstep.... And i'm playing early!

so just call their support and beg them to ship it early to me?

No, contact them and ask them if they have it in stock and can ship earlier than they originally said. Your shipping information can be out-dated. If you can't help yourself why should anyone help you?

No, contact them and ask them if they have it in stock and can ship earlier than they originally said. Your shipping information can be out-dated. If you can't help yourself why should anyone help you?

I'm not sure why you came off like that? I was just asking a question, anyways i called them and they won't take my call lol.

I'm not sure why you came off like that? I was just asking a question, anyways i called them and they won't take my call lol.

Because your question sounded pretty sarcastic. And if you want to worry about calls, try calling TOR support, they don't even have a queue, they just tell you to call later.

Because your question sounded pretty sarcastic. And if you want to worry about calls, try calling TOR support, they don't even have a queue, they just tell you to call later.

I wasn't being sarcastic? I was actually being honest, I just would like my CE before christmas, but I guess thats unlikely to happen. Personally didn't even care if i got a grace period. Pretty stoked that BW came through on that though,

My shipping dates for the CE at Amazon say it will arrive between the 22nd and the 27th. Unfortunately I will be out of town from the 22nd until the 1st... go figure. Amazon cannot change ANYTHING about the shipping because it is already "in-process" (what that means is a vast mystery). I am a little disappointed that the supply chain for this game wasn't figured out better or that the "grace period" would allow for the vast differences in shipping from each retailer (and even via shipping location). While a 2 day grace period may seem like a "gift" I think that it is too shallow of a time frame for people who have pre-ordered. Pre-ordering is also a "gift" to the company, as is the purchase of an edition that is more than twice the price of the standard game (swag aside). Even if I get my game on time it is a bit of a let down that some of the people who supported this game with day 1 pre-orders are being let down.

My shipping dates for the CE at Amazon say it will arrive between the 22nd and the 27th. Unfortunately I will be out of town from the 22nd until the 1st... go figure. Amazon cannot change ANYTHING about the shipping because it is already "in-process" (what that means is a vast mystery). I am a little disappointed that the supply chain for this game wasn't figured out better or that the "grace period" would allow for the vast differences in shipping from each retailer (and even via shipping location). While a 2 day grace period may seem like a "gift" I think that it is too shallow of a time frame for people who have pre-ordered. Pre-ordering is also a "gift" to the company, as is the purchase of an edition that is more than twice the price of the standard game (swag aside). Even if I get my game on time it is a bit of a let down that some of the people who supported this game with day 1 pre-orders are being let down.

+1 This,

However, I believe that its not BWs fault, its the retailers faults. They cant seem to get any dates right. If i'm paying 170$ for an edition of a game, they should be able to throw in 1 day delivery..

+1 This,

However, I believe that its not BWs fault, its the retailers faults. They cant seem to get any dates right. If i'm paying 170$ for an edition of a game, they should be able to throw in 1 day delivery..

atm, I am tracking me game as it ports acroos thw States! :) Woot delivery day for me is Dec 21 at the latest!

Gotta hate being here in New Zealand sometimes. Stuff takes....well forever to get here, even with paying the extra $$ for delievries to get here at teh speed of light!

Can't wait to get me CE Box, and unpack it! Excited.

+1 This,

I agree, and I can't find the "announcement" that says so, but I think EA is allowing EU partners to ship on the 15th while North American partners cannot ship until 12:00am on the 20th...

...could be wrong and I will post if I find the info soon.

I agree, and I can't find the "announcement" that says so, but I think EA is allowing EU partners to ship on the 15th while North American partners cannot ship until 12:00am on the 20th...

...could be wrong and I will post if I find the info soon.

Thats fu**ing ridiculous pardon my language. How the f**k are they aloud to ship 5 days earlier then us? I sent some hate mail to gamestop, maybe they will respond. Considering canceling my pre-order and just gettin the digital version.

Granted I didn't order it from Amazon, did buy it from an online store (and had to pull the full price when I pre-ordered) But when I called tuesday to change my shipping address they informed me that they had been given the green light by the publisher to deliver them sooner then the 20th.

Next day it was on my doorstep.. but I still didn't have early access so all I could do is sit and wait for the e-mail while I was being mocked by my new statue.

In any case, I assume that every online store has been allowed to ship before the 20th and don't be surprised to either get it before the 20th or that it will be waiting for you on the 20th.

I Spent 30 minutes on hold with Gamestop waiting for a customer service (a term I use loosely) person ... I can't change my shipping method because it's already going out on Monday the 19th ... problem is it will take 5-10 business days to get to me ... Re...ally?!? And they won't change the way it's shipped ... I think Bioware needs to give a longer grace period being as it is the holidays and mail service is slow! *Sigh* ... Worse case scenario is I won't be able to play until the New Year. And that is not going to make me very happy ... So unwise to upset a Wookiee especially during Life Day! :mad:

Amazon is now allowed to ship all orders on December 16th, so unless you ordered with Standard shipping you should be seeing it soon. Check again now and even then your shipping info might be outdated and you might get a surprise shipment in the next few days, I really did not expect it at my doorstep today.

I've been tracking mine since amazon sent my email. It's gone from Harrisburg to Cinncinatti to LA. Currently waiting on LA to be done to send it over to Aus, then to me the consumer. Really impressed with the speed of amazon can't wait for it to get here.