How do you play your character(s)?

Sneakycheeks

So I thought I'd ask all my fellow players a question..mayber start up a discussion. The question is...How do you play your character(s)?

My Jedi Knight Guardian , who is my main, is of course a good guy..but he is currently presuing a romance with Kira..so needless to say he doesn't agree with the whole falling in love thing is bad for Jedis.

My Smuggler Gunslinger, loves making credits..but she also has a heart of gold and some times goes out of her way to help others.

My Jedi Consulor is focused fully on the teachings of the Jedi way and is basicly a goody two shoes.

My Sith Warrior is power hungery..but she's not a mindless killer..and is not heartless.

So how are the rest of you playing your characters?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I thought I'd ask all my fellow players a question..mayber start up a discussion. The question is...How do you play your character(s)?

With a mouse and keyboard while I watch my commands on my monitor. I have this really nice Razer Naga mouse, and that really helps with me not being a power clicker.

My Jedi Knight Guardian , who is my main, is of course a good guy..but he is currently presuing a romance with Kira..so needless to say he doesn't agree with the whole falling in love thing is bad for Jedis.

My Smuggler Gunslinger, loves making credits..but she also has a heart of gold and some times goes out of her way to help others.

My Jedi Consulor is focused fully on the teachings of the Jedi way and is basicly a goody two shoes.

My Sith Warrior is power hungery..but she's not a mindless killer..and is not heartless.

So how are the rest of you playing your characters?

I suppose mine are all classic

My Smuggler, tries to be out for himself, but has a heart of gold

My Jedi Sage, would sacrifice himself for the greater good ( Jedi order, the Republic is secondary )

My Trooper is out for the Republic, however will bend the rules to do what he thinks is right, again heart of gold

My Bounty hunter will gladly kill you if you have more than the price of a bullet in your pocket, and he might do it anyway even if you don’t if you annoy him

My Sith Inquisitor could care less about the Empire, or even the Sith, and will do anything, ANYTHING to increase her own personal power

My Imperial agent views the Sith as an annoyance, and will further the cause of the Empire by any means available.

My Jedi consular is the world most friendliest, helping everyone out. By now she is married to that handsome Iresso (after customization) and of course she is the best wife around.

My Jedi knight on the other hand is annoying, full of herself and she hates Kira by any means. Als that pile of junk, the droid gets only insults. She also disobeys her bosses whenever she can. In fact she thinks she should rule the world.

My bountyhunter thinks mostly about the money, but sometimes when she's in a good mood, she suddenly offers to help people out. I think she is in her heart not really bad, but you know circumstances force her to go after the money.

My Jedi consular is the world most friendliest, helping everyone out. By now she is married to that handsome Iresso (after customization) and of course she is the best wife around.

My Jedi knight on the other hand is annoying, full of herself and she hates Kira by any means. Als that pile of junk, the droid gets only insults. She also disobeys her bosses whenever she can. In fact she thinks she should rule the world.

My bountyhunter thinks mostly about the money, but sometimes when she's in a good mood, she suddenly offers to help people out. I think she is in her heart not really bad, but you know circumstances force her to go after the money.

So your playing your Jedi Knight as a sort of falling towards the Darkside kind of story?

My Conslar is a by-the-book jedi, dedicated to peace and the preservation of life. I discouraged Nadia because it was both against the code, and I refused to jeopardize my padawan for the sake of snuggles.

My Commando is a proud, though disenchanted, warrior. Having seen the depths to which the Republic leaders habitually sink, he has compromised the absolute authority of command with the addition of his own strict moral code.

My Sith Inquisitor is a quiet, crafty rebel. Still angry at the circumstances of her slavery and seeing that brutality and cruelty are the accepted social norms in the Empire, she has decided to make all outward appearances of the dedicated apprentice, but secretly plots the downfall of the Empire tht would allow her to be enslaved,the Sith order that rewards guile and treachery above actual skill and strength, and her master that clearly breathes lies and false promises at every turn.

With much enthousiasm ^^

My JK was light side which went really well with his companions, especially Kira....rawwwwr

I noticed on my dark side consular though that it is quite easy to be dark as a consular. Qyzen is fairly dark side and he is your first companion and also a tank. Which you need. Just an observation but for those who havent tried it. JK go better light. Jedi consular can more easily go either way.

My Sith Sorcerer hates everyone and wishes everyone would just die. Every opportunity to kill someone he takes it.

My Sith Assassin however, wanted to be a Jedi, but was forced to become a Sith. She she would rather save lives than needlessly take them, and tries to be as good as she can.

My Conslar is a by-the-book jedi, dedicated to peace and the preservation of life. I discouraged Nadia because it was both against the code, and I refused to jeopardize my padawan for the sake of snuggles.

My Commando is a proud, though disenchanted, warrior. Having seen the depths to which the Republic leaders habitually sink, he has compromised the absolute authority of command with the addition of his own strict moral code.

My Sith Inquisitor is a quiet, crafty rebel. Still angry at the circumstances of her slavery and seeing that brutality and cruelty are the accepted social norms in the Empire, she has decided to make all outward appearances of the dedicated apprentice, but secretly plots the downfall of the Empire tht would allow her to be enslaved,the Sith order that rewards guile and treachery above actual skill and strength, and her master that clearly breathes lies and false promises at every turn.

Your Inquisitor kind of sounds like how I'm playing my Sith Warrior. My warrior pretends to be devouted to her master and the Empire..but while she still desires power..she really wants nothing to do with the Empire..and often makes light side choices when she has the choice to.

My Sith Sorcerer hates everyone and wishes everyone would just die. Every opportunity to kill someone he takes it.

Reminds me of my own, she would gladly kill other Sith that might challenge her someday, or even apprentices that could someday challenge her own power.

No one is safe around her, and if she ever becomes her goal ( ruler of the galaxy ) it is going to be a nasty place.

My beloved Shadow's story, purpose is probably too boring so I won't bother...

My slave, slime Assassin alt, however, was forced to go through the trials... else face death. Worse yet, she's an alien and, therefore, nothing.

So, no, she is not very fond of the Empire... to say the least. She's going along w/ her Master right now while she grows in power until she can fully break the chains binding her.

This Assassin seeks knowledge -- both Dark and Light -- and undermines the Empire when possible- the Sith, the warlords but not the enlisted, the civilians, the pawns.

A slave no more, she punishes those who transgress against her, against those who seek to subdue the weak, the innocent.

She has no allegiance.

She bows to no one.

My Jedi Sentinel is a noble fighter, eager to help, merciful, but enjoys a good fight. Not the diplomat, she'll give someone a fair shot to give up, but if you push her she'll smack you down hard. Once she gets access to Doc, she's gonna use that physicality to work out pent up energy on him...sexually....

My Sith Assassin is narcissistic, arrogant, sadistic, merciless, impatient, and a pervert.

My Jedi Sage is a goody-goody. A genuine diplomat. Won't touch a man because it's against the Jedi code. Brown-noser...

My Jedi Knight is the classic noble heroine. She's a little aggressive but always preferes to be non-violent if she can.

My Smuggler was a nice guy who flirted with anything with breasts. He'd do anything for a buck, as long as it didn't hurt anyone, well, at least anyone who didn't deserve it.

My Imperial Agent is extremely loyal to the people of the Empire. He distrust the Sith, especially the more insane they seemed. His relationship with Imperial Intelligence is...complicated.

My newest character, my Sith Inquisitor is insane. She hates mercy, hates weakness, in herself, in others, and will do anything for power. She has no master but her own ambition.

My planned characters are so far:

Sith Warrior - Loyal hound to his master, he has a personal code akin to like a Samurai.

Jedi Consular - A passionate Jedi who can't bear to see harm come to those she loves. She will eliminate any who pose a threat to her cubs (very mother lion)

Bounty Hunter - Nothing is more important that credits to him. Nothing.

Trooper - Loyal Soldier of the Republic, she will do anything for the greater good.

My Jedi Guardian embodies the Jedi Code to its fullest, but as a Guardian he is agitated at the Treaty of Coruscant, and thinks the Republic was foolish to sign it. Though he tries to thrive in peace, the voice in the back of his head tells him that it won't last.

He told Spanios and Moracen's masters of the Padawans' romance, but after meeting Kira began considering romance himself. Although he knows this will put a black mark on his record, as he puts it: "nobody's perfect," and Kira is his weakness. He is willing to take the risk of earning the Council's ire in marrying her.

(Off-topic, can you marry Kira without DS points?)

(Off-topic, can you marry Kira without DS points?)

Yes

But you will have to choose between obeying the council and siding with Kira at one point. Some loss of affection with Kira will take place if you tell the council of Kira's history. This is not a problem at all though since you can earn them back easily.

Edited by Gokkus

My sith sorc (main) was pure evil. In the Star Wars universe meeting her means things are not going to go well for you. Power hungry, blood thirsty, cruel, just overall not the type of person you would ever hope to run across because if you did chances are you were used then killed when of no further value. My Sorc was Dark 5 around lvl 30.

My sniper hates the sith. Any time she has to deal with sith she back talks, or undermines them. In general again when my sniper shows up, someone...or several people are about to die. Although on occasion she may do the right thing or you can catch her on a good day and she might look the other way. My sniper is the type that will poison you then blackmail you for information in return for the antidote. Give you the antidote after you spilled your guts then pull her pistol out and kill you anyway. Shes a sociopath that conned the empire into giving her a weapon and the authority to use it. Doesn't really care about advancing the Empire, just enjoys having a target in her cross hairs. Character is Dark 4 almost dark 5. Would be dark 5 if not for diplomacy missions.

My Bounty Hunter is out for profit and glory. Generally a bit more soft handed unless the target deserves to die because they are just wicked. Mako is his conscience so he tends to be nicer than he would be if she wasn't around. Does have a hard side to him but again only goes dirty harry when he's wronged or manipulated. Tend to play the BH more neutral but lately been turning more light sided.

My Sentinel is pretty much a goodie goodie but struggling with controlling his dark side. Tempted to go down the dark path but hanging onto the light side by a thread. Some dark side points, but majority are light.

My Trooper is another deeply evil. Although will take light side depending on the situation, she is disrespectful of authority, and out for personal glory. Basically has a chip on her shoulder the size of a small moon. Predominantly dark and loving it.

I guess I can be a softy sometimes but have found playing dark side much more fun and enjoyable than a goodie goodie. Greatest laugh I have had was on my Trooper doing Essles. Got to the part where you have to decide to take out the power generators or just space the engineering section. I took the dark option and the rest of my group was in complete shock as the dramatic music came up, the space doors opened and out flew the crew. They were all goodie goodies who had never seen the dark side option and were completely flabbergasted that I took that option and won the roll. Was so much fun watching them whine and complain in chat about how evil I was :)

Edited by Datku

Smuggler- In the class story, he is a basically good guy, but somewhat bipolar. Just really depends on the moment, sometimes he feels like he needs more money, other times he is a sappy romantic, and he can occasionally get a Republican patriotism fever.

Inquisitor- After being tortured brutally as a slave, he is basically a jerk who wants to get as close to absolute power as possible. He loves beating on other people instead of them beating on him. Loves being a Sith.

That's all I got for now.

Smuggler: She is a child born in a spaceport, raised by a caring father, was orphaned by an Imperial agent. She has a soft spot for anything bad happening against children or families. She does what she can do to earn a living and has a hard time opening up to others, which is covered by "I can handel that , no sweat" And if this causes the Empire to lose sleep, she is all for that as well.

Trooper: Was in a near death accident, killing her family, that she knows of. The Republic used advanced cyborg techology to keep her alive. She serves the Republic, her mind is focused on the objective, but at times she senses her humanity and follows that in the decions she makes, even if it means making hard or fatal choices. It is all about the mission, honor, duty and justice. The Republic must survive, at whatever the cost.

Jedi Consular: Her spirt is what defines her, her power is what she struggles with. Death is the final act of failure. She weilds the force to create, to improve, to bring peace and she knows that she has to use it to destroy. This is a constant interal struggle, one she deals with, one that effects all her decisions. She askes herself the question, Should i stay hidden and avoid the world, or seek it out and expose to others all that I belive, all that I hold sacred.

Bounty Hunter: It is about the money, the challenge, the final results. Her basic thought process, if you can kill me, I am not worthy, if I kill you, I sm. It is all about the job, the credits are just a means to keep score.

Imperial Agent: At the start she was all about the assignment, to cull out those that opposed the Empire, to make example of those that could not see the truth. Things started to change, it was not as clear as it once was, the truth was not as it was presented to her, she started to question, the actions of those "in charge"

Sith Inquistor: Pain is a means of understanding one's true self. She has always seen existance as a struggle, death means failure, life means one can continue that struggle. Happiness, Joy and even Love are illusions. Misery, sorrow and hate are true measures of one true nature, one's true challenges.

Sith Warrior : She sees the world as those that live and those that die, and she is placed here to put that to a test. The Empire is the truth all else is a lie.

Edited by TasDarkmatter

Yes

But you will have to choose between obeying the council and siding with Kira at one point. Some loss of affection with Kira will take place if you tell the council of Kira's history. This is not a problem at all though since you can earn them back easily.

But you can still marry her even if you obey the council, right? Is it a LS/DS choice between the council or Kira?