The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

So the point of rated WZ gear is...

Xinika

I said this earlier and I know you ignored it for a reason.

I like you, but I flat out don't believe you when you say you have no interest in ego or personal gain. Why else would you be on version 5 of your PvP videos in a ~month span of time. You care about how people perceive you and your skill level--and there's nothing wrong with that.

Rated War Hero Gear and your ELO ranking will establish that even further--which is something no one can take away.

I make the movies for fun and self improvement. The community also benefits from seeing how I play so it seems to hit a few birds with one stone. The main reason I make them however, is for entertainment. I am a film student so doing these sideline projects are deviously fun. The creativity you can do while editing is deeply rewarding. That is my perception on the movies.

Edited by Xinika

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its obvious.

BioWare is going to introduce male oriented slave and dancer outfits (They just haven't spilled the beans :D). After this they will introduce something similar to the Image Designer terminals of SWG so you can modify your character.

Its so clear, they want everybody PvPing and playing as Type 4 body types in slave and dancer outfits.

/thread :cool:

I too believe that the over all SKILL level of players will be tested in ranked War Zones those with the ranked gear will obviously be good players with a skill level to match there gear.

Im not so sure about those nifty orange items that u can add augments too!

Are you positive about the stats ?

lvl 15 item has low armor value (amoring mod) maybe?

enough slots to add up to the lvl 50 gear?

hope you have success with that seems to me like a pipe dream!

(altho i have seen an orange low lvl pve item made better then a rakata)

(not so sure they have enuff slots to catch the expertise or u may lose another valuable stat)

Thexremstar

Unfortunately, my fun is making sure my team wins. I have no interest in personal gain:(.

The above poster is right with what he just said. There is no way you don't play this game to own other people because you like doing that sort of stuff. It's okay really, I do the same thing.

I too believe that the over all SKILL level of players will be tested in ranked War Zones those with the ranked gear will obviously be good players with a skill level to match there gear.

Im not so sure about those nifty orange items that u can add augments too!

Are you positive about the stats ?

lvl 15 item has low armor value (amoring mod) maybe?

enough slots to add up to the lvl 50 gear?

hope you have success with that seems to me like a pipe dream!

(altho i have seen an orange low lvl pve item made better then a rakata)

(not so sure they have enuff slots to catch the expertise or u may lose another valuable stat)

Thexremstar

You do understand that orange gear only reflects the mods you put in it coirrect? If you put the PvP mods/enhancements followed by the Daily/PvE armorings you will have gear equivalent to that of the non-orange gear PLUS the additional stats of augment slots.

On a serious note, I will play ranked WZs for the sole reason of knowing that my team and beat the other team. Its what competition is founded on. HOWEVER, if crit crafted orange gear is going to give me an upper hand, damn right I will use it.

Its unfortunate they missed the mark with this. With how "Story" driven this is supposed to be you'd think it common sense that, "Wow these characters do great in war zones, after so much combat they must be battle hardened and have great gear which makes them good."

The above poster is right with what he just said. There is no way you don't play this game to own other people because you like doing that sort of stuff. It's okay really, I do the same thing.

Not anymore really :/. I log in game to collect footage at this point... I don't really even have fun playing to crush the enemy team anymore. I suppose it got old on my server because our guild would literally steamroll any competition. I stopped caring for my own gain when everyone started focusing me in warzones. From that point on I decided to use that to my team's advantage and be the best distraction possible.

You think it's fun being focused by literally every enemy target? No way!! I hate it. I ***** and moan in guild chat all the time and 9/10 times I'm ready to leave. Yet I stay, solely because I want my team to win. Is that fun for me? Absolutely not.

Want to know what's fun for me? Going infiltration, sneaking around and waiting every 3 minutes to blow someone up then vanishing back into the shadows. That (I guess) would be my fun. Is it helpful to the team? Nope. I haven't done that since Jan and I do miss those times... yet I can never see myself being that person anymore.

Edited by Xinika

Unfortunately, my fun is making sure my team wins. I have no interest in personal gain:(.

If that were true, you would care less about the fact that rated war hero gear is reskinned copies of standard war hero gear.

Games only been out 3 months and they are already starting the welfare gear system at least blizzard had the balls to hold off for 4 years and rewarded people for being better players

What welfare gear?

Where is the "vendor" that I can go buy PvP and PvE gear for no opportunity cost?

Yes how DARE they make rated PvP about skill instead of out gearing your opponent?

yeh i thought these pvp-ers who are complaining assured us they were only interested in skill? Now they have to outgear lesser ranked opponents too? Is that to ensure that a skilled player with lesser rank because they started playing later can never beat them?

If that were true, you would care less about the fact that rated war hero gear is reskinned copies of standard war hero gear.

-_-. I care that it contains nothing beneficial from the standard sets. Is it that hard to understand?

Which is good. Until you are facing some with WH mods in gear with an augment.

Like my OP says (Hence "Edit") I've already found the answer to this topic in this thread thanks to Cwild (if I spelt your name wrong, sorry.) so this is no longer a bother for me.:)

Again, have fun wearing your ranked war hero gear w/ no augments!;)

-_-. I care that it contains nothing beneficial from the standard sets. Is it that hard to understand?

Yes, I do not understand why someone being "so pro-PvP" as you apparently are would want gear power to scale according the character's position on the ELO ladder. Having gear be more powerful the higher on the ELO ladder you reach affects the "fair" aspect of PvP competition.

If you do not want "fair" then why PvP in a warzone to start with? just grab a bunch of friends and mindlessly zerg all the daily quest areas.

Like my OP says (Hence "Edit") I've already found the answer to this topic in this thread thanks to Cwild (if I spelt your name wrong, sorry.) so this is no longer a bother for me.:)

Again, have fun wearing your ranked war hero gear w/ no augments!;)

Yeah, because it's so impossible for Bioware to add an item called "augment kit" to the one of the crafting skills that would allow someone to add an augment slot to gear.

Why, they could even make it purchasable from the PvP/PvE vendor and only work on PvP/PvE gear if they wanted to. The potential is limitless.

Edited by Raeln

I make the movies for fun and self improvement. The community also benefits from seeing how I play so it seems to hit a few birds with one stone. The main reason I make them however, is for entertainment. I am a film student so doing these sideline projects are deviously fun. The creativity you can do while editing is deeply rewarding. That is my perception on the movies.

Lol no they are all ego come on man. The community benefits from it? They arent tutorials, there isnt a lot of special effects like wow movies have become, its clips of you button mashing down bads on one of the strongest pvp specs where half your bars arent even keybound. Brb hopping on my hero dk and making a video of me 4 button spamming down noobs in randoms bgs to benefit the community rofl. Not trying to be harsh but there is no way you can try to tell us 5 videos of the same in a few weeks is you not trying to get e-rep. Hey youre a very good sin in a very very easy game, but dont try to lie to your audience or yourself.

Lol no they are all ego come on man. The community benefits from it? They arent tutorials, there isnt a lot of special effects like wow movies have become, its clips of you button mashing down bads on one of the strongest pvp specs where half your bars arent even keybound. Brb hopping on my hero dk and making a video of me 4 button spamming down noobs in randoms bgs to benefit the community rofl. Not trying to be harsh but there is no way you can try to tell us 5 videos of the same in a few weeks is you not trying to get e-rep. Hey youre a very good sin in a very very easy game, but dont try to lie to your audience or yourself.

That's the truth o.O but believe what you want... I guess?

Yes, I do not understand why someone being "so pro-PvP" as you apparently are would want gear power to scale according the character's position on the ELO ladder. Having gear be more powerful the higher on the ELO ladder you reach affects the "fair" aspect of PvP competition.

If you do not want "fair" then why PvP in a warzone to start with? just grab a bunch of friends and mindlessly zerg all the daily quest areas.

You're aware oranges will be better, right? :D

Yeah, because it's so impossible for Bioware to add an item called "augment kit" to the one of the crafting skills that would allow someone to add an augment slot to gear.

Why, they could even make it purchasable from the PvP/PvE vendor and only work on PvP/PvE gear if they wanted to. The potential is limitless.

If we gave our suggestions based on what BW could do I'd spend most of my time praising it's deep Open world PVP and how I love my new Cyborg Unicorn Mount.

They have made no indication they're going to add those items in 1.2 so *** is the point of acting like just because they can this thread is moot?

why player play only if there is a reweard?

i am 100% sure that when i was young i was playing mostly for the fun of it and never for a reward

why do yuo play soccer or tennis with a friend? why do you play monopoly or risk

why people have always always always always ruined any MMO begging for more and more reward? Learn to play for fun and not for a *********** reward of a couple of useless pixel.

Edited by Pekish

...for looks? Seems like a waste of time.

Edit: Have fun wearing your ranked WH gear because it makes you look better than other players. I will be wearing those nifty, nifty liddle level 10 oranges with augment slots.:):):)

i would have been in orange gear anyway, then again, my self worth has no correlation to my character looking ubar

Edited by iceperson

why player play only if there is a reweard?

i am 100% sure that when i was young i was playing mostly for the fun of it and never for a reward

why do yuo play soccer or tennis with a friend? why do you play monopoly or risk

why people have always always always always ruined any MMO begging for more and more reward? Learn to play for fun and not for a *********** reward of a couple of useless pixel.

That's so totally not the point. It's stupid to even have the reward if it's not usable. That's the point. If their intention is to have a ranked WZ reward that is a cosmetic reward that is distinguished, they are failing because no one will wear this gear because it is in fact worse.

Whether or not there should even be rewards is a completely different issue that is irrelevent to this topic.

That's so totally not the point. It's stupid to even have the reward if it's not usable. That's the point. If their intention is to have a ranked WZ reward that is a cosmetic reward that is distinguished, they are failing because no one will wear this gear because it is in fact worse.

Whether or not there should even be rewards is a completely different issue that is irrelevent to this topic.

Well said sir.