The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

So the point of rated WZ gear is...

Xinika

I suspect we'll end up seeing augment kits so we can retrofit raid/pvp gear with augment slots.

I bet you are right. If you like to min/max you shouldnt be forced to pick up gear that is for level 10 to make it the best. That is just a flaw I don't really think they thought about to be honest.

I agree with you.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't war hero gear have better stats than BM gear?

You can still only get it from doing ranked WZs.

The rated war hero gear is the same stats as regular war hero gear. You'll still need to do ranked WZs to get the war hero gear. The more "prestigious" look is just to show off that you have a high rating because you performed at a higher level.

There may not be a statistical advantage to doing WELL in rated wzs (other than presumably gearing faster) but there is for playing them.

From what I read, anyone can get War Hero gear, the ranked stuff is just a reskin of that. But like someone pointed out, people will just use crit crated stuff with War Hero mods.

i love the seeker's robe look for JC and if they dont have anything that looks remotely like that then i will not be use crit crafted gear, il be using my stuff i have in my invo. the mods are not going to make that big of diff anyway so meh, i have skill i don't need it and if i don't have skill i learn how be skilled just that simple

...So I'm about to tryhard ranked wzs to satisfy my ego? Um...

Well, that's exactly what all the WoW Arena xxxx whatever people WANTED back a couple months ago when they had been sub 50 or 120 expertise going against the BM's.

For a month it was nothing but "it should be skill not gear....give us ranked WZ's...all the same gear....yadayada, then you'll see...I'm a xxxxx WoW arena Vet and I'll crush you".

...and now, when all the WoW Arena crowd have now themselves become BM- it has turned to "OMGZ, We can't have better gear from Arena...wth!!!!!"

Well, that's exactly what all the WoW Arena xxxx whatever people WANTED back a couple months ago when they had been sub 50 or 120 expertise going against the BM's.

For a month it was nothing but "it should be skill not gear....give us ranked WZ's...all the same gear....yadayada, then you'll see...I'm a xxxxx WoW arena Vet and I'll crush you".

...and now, when all the WoW Arena crowd have now themselves become BM- it has turned to "OMGZ, We can't have better gear from Arena...wth!!!!!"

Seen so much of this. Way to remind us that this was the same crowd screaming for these very changes.

Speak for yourself.

Tourne stupid question but are you from DA?

...for looks? Seems like a waste of time.

It's like a lot of stuff in SWTOR right now. Bioware in order to not to have game breaking items cap it and just offer different looks. It's like the crazy talk about the orange gear, I am betting that won't work out to being any better than War Hero either, Bioware just don't want to have uber geared players in the war zones 1 shooting the fresh 50 champion geared players.

Edited by Ewgal

It's like a lot of stuff in SWTOR right now. Bioware in order to not to have game breaking items cap it and just offer different looks. It's like the crazy talk about the orange gear, I am betting that won't work out to being any better than War Hero either, Bioware just don't want to have uber geared players in the war zones 1 shooting the fresh 50 champion geared players.

Unless they change it (which they won't for another 2-3 patches) then oranges are the way to go.:)

I think it is great, no incentive will keep the riff-raff out.

Here is who won't do rateds:

That guy who leaves after the other team scores once in huttball.

Medal farmers.

People not interested in guarding nodes.

People expecting to get carried.

AFKers.

Here is who will:

Full teams of 8 who want to face other teams of 8.

People who enjoy competitive PvP.

People who go after prestige items.

If you're not satisfied with the size/deliciousness of the carrot on the end of the stick you should reassess your motivations for playing. If the only reason you PvP is for gear which is pretty much just for more PvP why do you PvP? MMO loot isn't sex, there is no climax so you better enjoy the chase or you're gonna be a cranky nerd with blueballs like most of the people in this thread.

How is the crit crafted orange gear crazy talk?

You can pull mods out of any gear. ANY GEAR

So you get your war hero stuff and put it on critted oranges for an augment slot. How is this crazy, or do you not understand it?

!@#$ing casuals get everything handed to them. for the ppl cant/want to be on here for 20-60 hours a week gets gibed. isnt that the point of an mmo? ur on here for alot of ur time grinding/working for something for a big reward but now lil mary 2 hours a wekk gets everything handed to them. thanks Bioware ur the next WoW. reward the ppl that make ur game flurish not the casuals that really dont help out alot (other than the subs monthly rate income)

I just don't think it will be possible to mod it far and above War Hero. Maybe by a tiny amount at most. Bioware just seem to be really anti gear advantages, so much as Champion geared players aren't at much of a disadvantage to BM ones, WH geared players won't be at any real disadvantage over orange geared players. The reason is Bioware don't want players 1 shoting fresh 50s in WZs, so gear will never be that great.

Edited by Ewgal

What's going to happen is they're going to realize how badly they messed up by making all orange gear with augment slots better then everything else that they'll nerf augments because they won't be able to just take them away.

I just don't think it will be possible to mod it far and above War Hero. Maybe by a tiny amount at most. Bioware just seem to be really anti gear advantages, so much as Champion geared players aren't at much of a disadvantage to BM ones, WH geared players won't be at any real disadvantage over orange geared players. The reason is Bioware don't want players 1 shoting fresh 50s in WZs, so gear will never be that great.

The fact is and will remain unless they add augments on WH gear is that it will be better. I don't care if it is by 10 stats...it's better. Which is dumb imo.

It doesn't really matter.

Most people are going to rip the mods out of whatever they have and put them in their favorite look of gear. As long as the rated war hero gear is the only way to get that model of gear in that specific color, then those interested in that type of thing will know what gear they have.

I can tell you right now - within 5 minutes of logging in when 1.2 goes live - I will be ripping the mods out of my butt-ugly plywood covered Columni commando legs and putting them in my moddables that I had to bank. I literally look like crap right now.

I haven't looked at the war hero models but honestly, if they don't measure up to my moddable set, the mods would be ripped out and put in my moddables. That wouldn't keep me from joining a rated warzone team within my guild if I wanted to play competitively. I know that gear scaling has no place in competitive PvP though.

Imagine playing Warcraft 3 with someone that has an account bound item that makes them construct all units 20 seconds faster simply because they put more time in playing the game than you did. How would any game played against them ever be fair until you had put in enough time to get the same advantage? That is exactly what is wrong with gear scaling in PvP.

Fair enough with the mods point. Well played.

I will say though, that Bioware must like Jedi's better because all the Jedi gear looks pretty cool while Imp gear looks like crap. I think my suggestion of having different looking gear instead of different colors comes straight from wanting to give Bioware a chance to redesign Imp gear to not look like . . . well, like it does now.

I don't care if it is by 10 stats...it's better. Which is dumb imo.

We are probably talking just a few points better at most, I think. As I wrote, Bioware don't seem to want uber geared players in WZs 1 shoting fesh 50s, so the Bioware idea of BiS is you farm the WH gear, take the mods out and place into some orange pieces, and hey presto you have a BiS by 1-2 points in a stat.

Edited by Ewgal

We are probably talking just a few points better at most, I think. As I wrote, Bioware don't seem to want uber geared players in WZs 1 shoting fesh 50s, so the Bioware idea of BiS is you farm the WH gear, take the mods out and place into some orange pieces, and hey presto you have a BiS by 1-2 points in a stat.

I feel ya, I personally will be using the ranked War hero gear because I refuse to look like a bum off the street in level 10 gear. But, I do think they should have augment slots as well so everything matches...since they want "everyting to be equal"

You can pull mods out of any gear. ANY GEAR

So you get your war hero stuff and put it on critted oranges for an augment slot. How is this crazy, or do you not understand it?

It doesn't matter.

You need to look at the gear you are getting from PvP (or PvE) as the mods. You are getting the barrel/armoring, mod and enhancement as the real gear. What you put them in will ultimately be whatever look makes you happy.