Jedi Consular first lightsaber lore break.

CommanderFrog

Its nothing major, but it bugged me and my friend while we were leveling my JK and their JC together..The JC has "the first blade" hilt for their lightsaber, yet if you look at it both during the cutscene and ingame, it has a button to press to activate it (and you will notice them pressing it every time they activate it), the super early lightsaber required you focus force into the blade to activate it..It bugged both of us, nothing major, but still lorebreaking so somewhat annoying :| Can you do a little editing on that weapon so it no longer has the button? :3 Edited by CommanderFrog

Its nothing major, but it bugged me and my friend while we were leveling my JK and their JC together..The JC has "the first blade" hilt for their lightsaber, yet if you look at it both during the cutscene and ingame, it has a button to press to activate it (and you will notice them pressing it every time they activate it), the super early lightsaber required you focus force into the blade to activate it..It bugged both of us, nothing major, but still lorebreaking so somewhat annoying :| Can you do a little editing on that weapon so it no longer has the button? :3

Wait, what??? How would you turn it on if it didn't have a button. That would be a quite useless weapon.

Edited by dosadnik

Wait, what??? How would you turn it on if it didn't have a button. That would be a quite useless weapon.

To turn it on:

Focus the force into it

To turn it off:

Stop focusing the force into it

Explained that in the post :|

Edited by CommanderFrog

Its not really lore breaking anything, where did you hear that they needed to use the force to activate them? By this time jedi/sith use the modern saber we know from the movies.

It was the first blade hilt, as in it is a very very very old one, not modern.

Edited by CommanderFrog

The hilt itself was the First Blade, but the rest of the parts were missing. What you basically have is the casing. Now obviously the internal mechanics of the first blade would have required the focussing of the force to turn it off and on, but since the internal workings of the First Blade were missing they decided to rebuild it with the addition of a button.

Simple.

Ancient or archaic lightsabers used "frozen blaster" technology to create a sort of energy blade, and required a powerpack mounted on the belt and connected to the hilt with a flexible cord. Later advances switched to plasma contained in a magnetic field, which allowed the design to be compacted into just the hilt.

Lightsabers have NEVER, EVER, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES WHATSOEVER, BEEN POWERED BY THE FORCE.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lightsaber

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/First_Blade

Ancient or archaic lightsabers used "frozen blaster" technology to create a sort of energy blade, and required a powerpack mounted on the belt and connected to the hilt with a flexible cord. Later advances switched to plasma contained in a magnetic field, which allowed the design to be compacted into just the hilt.

Lightsabers have NEVER, EVER, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES WHATSOEVER, BEEN POWERED BY THE FORCE.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lightsaber

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/First_Blade

^This exactly. Forcesaber =/= Lightsaber.

In fact, looking at the description for the Forcesaber, it seems as though the only thing separating it from a "normal" lightsaber is the lack of an energy cell, and the only reason one could say it's "powered by the Force" is that one uses the Force to generate the electrical energy the mechanical parts require to function. Meaning that to turn a Forcesaber into a lightsaber, all you need to do is wire in an appropriate energy cell.