Worst advanced class post patch 1.2?

theoleon

Snipers and gunslingers are by far the underdogs

They need their survivability and damage heavily, heavily buffed.

I have no problems with damage. More team utility or buffed defensive cooldowns would be better

Edited by Kalliadies

I have no problems with damage. More team utility or buffed defensive cooldowns would be better

I would sacrifice any defense buffs for a damage buff that would make snipers the "Glass cannon" they were supposed to be.

As a sniper I can say I am quite happy with the patch. they addressed most of my concerns in some form or another

I much prefer being the underdog anyway.

EDIT: oh by the way, no we cant carry the huttball, but our ability to kill ball carriers is another matter. XD

agreed :D

What about playing 1.2 first before discussing about this ? Nobody knows it since official 1.2 is not public only testing version. All we have is theorycrafting.

All of the patches on PTS have shipped as is.

I doubt BW will change their routine.

Honestly every time you see a sniper/gunslinger as top dps it is probably because of the AOE, especially if they spec lethality.

As a dps class your right, the job is to DPS, however in huttball the job is to kill the ball handler/healers and not sit in the middle. I would say about 50% of the time the ball is in one of the two pits where it is pretty much impossible to "hide in the rafters and snipe", the line of sight issues make it impossible.

You make it sound so easy to be in range/ in Line of sight, and just sit back and dps, when in reality that will never happen in a Battleground with smart people. I play a sniper, and I am 90% sure that you do not because you obviously have no idea how line of sight works.

actually i'm one of those guys that try to control middle (MM sniper)... i don't find that job to be useless at all.... we score, we get ball back again immediately, and the enemy team is stuck in their defensive zone... if it's clear, i'll go help the ball carriers as needed...

as compared to if our whole team in the offensive endzone, we get the score, but then the other team just picks up ball in the middle and scores on us unhindered...

if the ball carriers are tanks, then i don't even bother trying to attack them, as the mitigation is too much... however, if i can knock them off or stun or root i will...

edit: just want to point out, while i won't attack a guarded tank, i will try to target the healer support running with the ball carrier...

if you are just talking death match in the middle with no awareness of the ball is, then i agree, that's just dumb...

Edited by wessik

I would sacrifice any defense buffs for a damage buff that would make snipers the "Glass cannon" they were supposed to be.

I dont know. I rather enjoy doing 7K upwards in 3 global cooldowns, 10k if they are walking through my orbital at the same time. The only reason our damage feels low is because of all the healers and tanks . It becomes a game of who can outlast who. Snipers, have very little to contribute to outlasting.

Marauders have team runspeed, team 15% damage and healing (+ the best defensive cooldowns in the game), everyone else has off-heals or taunts.

I want in on the group utility XD

Edited by Kalliadies