The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

New DPS build!?

Macnord

Ok, but when reading all the forums it seems like everyone is giving numbers and stuff and some say this and other saying the opposit!?

All i would like to get is some builds that the ppl that throw numbers can calculateout that would work, because the main threads written say that Pyro dps is dead because of heat problem, so is it AP that will be the focus, is there any hybrids that would work?

Is all the numbers and calculates taken from sky?, i don´t have the insight or knowledges to do the math...

Thx for any respons;)

Hi,

Would be happy if someone that are good at this calculating stuff can figure out what specc best would be used after patch?

Thx ahead, (sry for my grammar)

Even if we get this insane nerf, 8/8/25 for PvE. Then ?/?/31 is going to be a must for PvP. It is really sad, that even after a nerf this bad, and Pyro is still better than AP for both PvE and PvP. That's how awful AP is despite the rare few who say otherwise.

Even if we get this insane nerf, 8/8/25 for PvE. Then ?/?/31 is going to be a must for PvP. It is really sad, that even after a nerf this bad, and Pyro is still better than AP for both PvE and PvP. That's how awful AP is despite the rare few who say otherwise.

Actually I'm not so sure on that one, unfortunately :-(

right now i use the obvious:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301hzZMsZfhMrzGhrs.1

Not a single point surprising, i suppose. After the patch I might actually try a run'n'gun-approach:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301ZrsMrobckzZfhMbdh.1

With the decrased heat-refund from rail "flame barrage" might become interesting, and with the buff to charged gauntlets it might be very close to a guaranteed crit on thoose few rails you have left. "kolto vents" becomes a 6-sec-slow on retr. blade, so you can use flameburst to come in range and retr. blade to ensure you stay there.

This will do alot less dmg from what i do now (obviously), but the increased cc and, of course, "hydraulic overrides" could actually make up for it.

As mentioned this might very well not turn out to be of any real use, but who knows? Another big problem is that i would have to switch from a crit/surge-equipped eliminator to a power/surge tech set. 15% crit on rail won't cut it anymore in that layout, i guess.

I still have hope the nerf is not as bad as it sounds and i can use my current layout, but I highly doubt it...

My 2 cents

EDIT: This is of course for pvp. I have no clue on pve simply because i don't do it. Just thought i mention it.

Edited by GianBaal

Actually I'm not so sure on that one, unfortunately :-(

right now i use the obvious:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301hzZMsZfhMrzGhrs.1

Not a single point surprising, i suppose. After the patch I might actually try a run'n'gun-approach:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301ZrsMrobckzZfhMbdh.1

With the decrased heat-refund from rail "flame barrage" might become interesting, and with the buff to charged gauntlets it might be very close to a guaranteed crit on thoose few rails you have left. "kolto vents" becomes a 6-sec-slow on retr. blade, so you can use flameburst to come in range and retr. blade to ensure you stay there.

This will do alot less dmg from what i do now (obviously), but the increased cc and, of course, "hydraulic overrides" could actually make up for it.

As mentioned this might very well not turn out to be of any real use, but who knows? Another big problem is that i would have to switch from a crit/surge-equipped eliminator to a power/surge tech set. 15% crit on rail won't cut it anymore in that layout, i guess.

I still have hope the nerf is not as bad as it sounds and i can use my current layout, but I highly doubt it...

My 2 cents

EDIT: This is of course for pvp. I have no clue on pve simply because i don't do it. Just thought i mention it.

It is a rash respec in my opinion. The things you will gain in the AP tree still does not compensate for the dps loss of Rain of Fire, firebug, burnout, and TD.

I know that. I simply don't expect the burst without railshot to be effective, aka enough to kill people fast enough. So the idea behind this is to cripple people, have the means to get out and leave nasty, power-based dots behind. And the new quell might actually be enough to be a menace for healers.

As mentioned i don't know yet if that is viable. But after 1.2 BM-equipp and therefore 58 mods and enhancements will be dirtcheap, so trying it out won't be much of a hustle imo.

I can see some nice things in AP like H-overdrive in pvp Huttball that would be lovley, but the dps is fallin hard in your succested tree, not that dps is all that matters!

Maybe that will be fun playing, me i have always feelt slow in pvp in all scenses, mostly beacuse the lack of escape and a bit sqizzie when not butting pints in Sheild tree!

I guess that if you dont entierly focus on dps and more about mobility and function AP would work in pvp, but your no Tank and less of an DPS player, you can still get your 8-10medals if streetsmart in your playstile;)

thx for your input;)