The game is DEAD ??

MrBESTPL

Well i was out of the game for like 2 months and i see that the game just died. Nobody is on anymore besides operation days and even then its rather empty. The Auction house is empty and dead so crafting above green items is out of the question since nobody sells or buys anything. Evrybody dinged 50 and that was that, i doubt that the new 1.2 patch will change anything since everybody has teh lvl 50 char so they unlocked all legecy items and such and only die hard fans would make the same class only to play as a chiss or something like that. DO you guys think so too ?? Look at the players on server counter when you are in the hub areas or the planets it was one 3 digits long 24/7 now if you get to 80 its a miracle.

I thought the same then I took a chance and made a char on another server where the population was 400% more then my previous server.

I kept my old chars in the hope one day that server gets more people but for the moment I rather play on this server (Red Eclipse EU) where the population reminds me of the "good old first month".

Edited by Kirameki

Yes, maybe, and there is so many thing missing in the game. I'm looking for other guilds, but can't find any place were they are listed or any guild finder ingame.

Bug in Heroic so you dont get rewards.

I hve crafted a lot and the autions house is not very bad, but it is bad :)

Mostly players I have seen online are around 40 one night om my server.

Maybe ill make a char on a diffrent server too but still its sad it was fun to craft prototype things and whatnot but now when i searched for investigation crafting materials on AH i get a nice blank page. I cant even enter a Battlefront since everybody is either 49 or 50 and im the only 33 on the team this game needs a wipe when 1.2 starts XD

Well i was out of the game for like 2 months and i see that the game just died. Nobody is on anymore besides operation days and even then its rather empty. The Auction house is empty and dead so crafting above green items is out of the question since nobody sells or buys anything. Evrybody dinged 50 and that was that, i doubt that the new 1.2 patch will change anything since everybody has teh lvl 50 char so they unlocked all legecy items and such and only die hard fans would make the same class only to play as a chiss or something like that. DO you guys think so too ?? Look at the players on server counter when you are in the hub areas or the planets it was one 3 digits long 24/7 now if you get to 80 its a miracle.

maybe your server is dead? There are just as many ppl on begeren colony now as we had at launch....

I thought the same then I took a chance and made a char on another server where the population was 400% more then my previous server.

I kept my old chars in the hope one day that server gets more people but for the moment I rather play on this server (Red Eclipse EU) where the population reminds me of the "good old first month".

That is exactly what I felt when I made a new character on Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU).

You know a server is good and populated when you can get rich while levelling from making and selling greens and blues as an Armormech :)

Sad to admit it but I agree. This game problem is the huge lack of content. Ill have to move again to EQ1. Even in StarWars Galaxies there was much more stuff to do and at least the crafting was something serious. Now Im 50 and I dont like pvp. so what? whats the point trying to improve my gear if there is no challenge where it is needed? whats the point to go back to low and medium level planets to do gery quests, kill grey mobs to get useless stuff? Even no point to go to high level planets? What for? This game have a lot of story-video for every class, but nothing more. Beautyful planets but nothing useful to do there.

Theres no motivation at all to play once you hit level 50. I need challenges, hard zones, factions, access quests, expensive stuff, hard endgame questlines, epic mobs so a guild have a meaning....

It's a mixture of design and a community problem, everything after the levelling system is instanced and either accessed from the fleet or queued and teleported to (FPs, Ops, PvP) which is the way the community wants it.

This means no one goes anywhere, they should have had different flashpoint, warzone and Operations entrances on multiple planets. It would have kept them populated also placing world bosses in open world dungeons would have been good to encourage people to actually "raid" them.

I have yet to find a counter which tells how many people are online through the entire server.... i have seen one which tells how many are online for each planet.... on my server of Jedi Covenant i play mainly at night 4pm-6am EST and i see 40-80 usually during the primetime 4pm-12amEST on any given planet... and triple digits on weekends... with double that on the fleet usually.

and why would someone remake the same character as a chiss or whatever? i plan on making new characters once i get the legacy system. besides as everyone has already said, BW made waay too many servers, this makes it so that as people decide that this game isnt for them, or there isnt enough content yet to make them happy the server population will decline from what it was at launch. Even WOW went through this process... most of my guild from Everquest went to wow for a few weeks and after capping all our characters and whoopin a few raids we decided it was too simple to keep playing....

i expect server consolidation to happen soon... elimination of the least populated servers and merging with more populated servers in the same catagory PVP/PVE etc. I would hardly call this game dead its just going through the same process as all other new mmos do... hype draws crowd, crowd sticks around a bit, some leave. i am starting to wonder if blizz and SOE arent paying ppl to jump online and write posts about how dead this game is and how buggy it is etc. truth is i have seen less bugs from 1-50 in this game than any other mmo i have ever played, even on the forums i have only found about 25 complaints of bugs that seem legit, and the worst one i have found is a bug that kicks me during my sage class quest every time a monster spawns (Voss final sage class quest) but it doesnt harm me i come back in and get to start right were i left off...

it really is a server population issue... on my main EU server theres like 5 people on each planet at max, on a US server i tried yesterday, there was 100+ people on hutta alone...now thats a MMO

BW needs to make charactew transfers available as soon as possible, or merge the servers, becouse playing most of them really seems like game is dying, when in fact it is not so at all

What is the problem here? I play on the Progenitor and the only time the server has below 20 players on a planet, is waaaaaaay over past midnight! Otherwise its between 50-100+

EDIT:

I might even edit in that this is an RP server! RP servers usually don't get that much players imo.

Edited by Rakeria

Yeah i figured from reading your posts that its just a dead server i propobly have to move to another one but still at launch its supposed to be crouded but 3 months in and im the only person on Quesh? I am playing on a US server but common its sunday there should be some players that are powergaming since they did not have any time throu the week. As for the remake char im talking about the possibility to make a for example chiss or cyborg Sith knight once you unlock the chiss by making lvl 50 on your imperial agent. As for bugs im preaty pleased that there were so little on game start and still are so few now. But they definitly should merge some servers.

The game isn't dead. One of the reasons it appears to be dead is because a lot of players are waiting for the patch 1.2 before coming back. This is a fact because I talked to many SWTOR players inside the game and in real life. Trust me, you'll see much more players after patch 1.2.

Hello everyone,

We know that a number of you wish to discuss how many players are on servers at the moment and in order to keep the discussion together we ask that everyone use this thread. This will help to ensure our forums are tidy and everyone can participate in the ongoing conversation. We will be closing this thread, feel free to carry on there!