Profanity Filter Error?

Ezenthor

Can someone please explain to me why Virginia is edited out by the profanity filter? I just recently reinstalled a fresh copy of swtor, and before I could turn it off I noticed that Virginia is actually edited out.

I guess bioware doesn't like Virginia anymore than the rest of us.

Stateism is the new racism apparently.

Edited by Ezenthor

Put in a bug report. It has the word virgin in it which some one may find offensive. Honestly the filter is pointless when it filters common words that the majority of people do not find offensive. It used to even filter out Saturday because it had the letters turd in it. Sadly it still filters out turd.

This has been brought up in other threads. the filter just scours out "undesirable" words, whether in whole or in pieces, no matter if the word itself is not offensive in nature. Though virginia is a stupid example honestly, as virgin is not an offensive word. It's just bioware's filters being overzealous, much like it's forum mods.

Put in a bug report. It has the word virgin in it which some one may find offensive. Honestly the filter is pointless when it filters common words that the majority of people do not find offensive. It used to even filter out Saturday because it had the letters turd in it. Sadly it still filters out turd.

Wow. If this was Hello Kitty Online I could understand. But that seriously made me lol.