This is starting to remind me so much of Conan

Drunkwolf

every patch comes nerfs and buffs to different classes. every patch brings a new flavor of the month class that everybody will roll.

i saw this very same thing in conan and it did not end well......

WOW, AOC, WHO, Rift, SWTOR...all same BS.

GW2 here we come.

If you never played GW 1 it was prone to more buffs/changes than any other game in history due to the nature of how it worked. It went so far as to eventually totally separate pvp from pve so that skill buff/nerfs wouldn't effect the other. If you think that some how GW2 will be different than this or any other mmo even it's own predecessor you really are delusional. :p

Point taken.

But seriously though, GW2 isn't going to be the holy grail of gaming like so many on these forums are claiming.

Diablo 3 will be fun for about 15 hours, just like diablo 2 was.

ToR needs some work, but I still think it has plenty of upside, and lots of potential.

Plus, with the amount of money that has been invested into ToR there is no way EA will let it simmer down and die. They will probably spend more money on new content this year than the entire development budget for GW2

Edited by LiveandDieinLA

If you never played GW 1 it was prone to more buffs/changes than any other game in history due to the nature of how it worked. It went so far as to eventually totally separate pvp from pve so that skill buff/nerfs wouldn't effect the other. If you think that some how GW2 will be different than this or any other mmo even it's own predecessor you really are delusional. :p

You have noooooooo idea. And quite obvious you didnt play it.

You could have made lvl20 and be in action in 2 minutes.

Whatever class with best gear there was.

Point taken.

But seriously though, GW2 isn't going to be the holy grail of gaming like so many on these forums are claiming.

Diablo 3 will be fun for about 15 hours, just like diablo 2 was.

ToR needs some work, but I still think it has plenty of upside, and lots of potential.

Plus, with the amount of money that has been invested into ToR there is no way EA will let it simmer down and die. They will probably spend more money on new content this year than the entire development budget for GW2

It can have worse PvP than SWTOR *cough...ilum....cough....1.2....cough" cause thats not possible.

They sipped a lot of monies in WHO too. ANd look at it now rofl. AND same team makes PvP in SWTOR rofl

Edited by GrandMike

You have noooooooo idea. And quite obvious you didnt play it.

You could have made lvl20 and be in action in 2 minutes.

Whatever class with best gear there was.

Excuse me? I what? I don't have it installed on my computer.. but I'll download it and log in for you so we can meet and I'll show you my fancy G5 title (I quit about a year or so ago) or how about the fact all of my characters are in pimped out Exotic armor with best mods you can get.. I'll even go so far as to log each and every character for you to see I have all expansions, have a pimped out version of every class except 2 and my EOTN Hall of Monuments totally filled and show you I have almost every Elite skill captured. I know damn good n well what I am talking about.

Creating a lvl 20 pvp alt in 2 minutes is garbage without the right combination of elites and a supporting build/secondary profession choice.

Edited by Aethyrprime

Excuse me? I what? I don't have it installed on my computer.. but I'll download it and log in for you so we can meet and I'll show you my fancy G5 title (I quit about a year or so ago) or how about the fact all of my characters are in pimped out Exotic armor with best mods you can get.. I'll even go so far as to log each and every character for you to see I have all expansions, my EOTN Hall of Monuments totally filled and show you I have almost every Elite skill captured. I know damn good n well what I am talking about.

Creating a lvl 20 pvp alt in 2 minutes is garbage without the right combination of elites and a supporting build/secondary profession choice.

You can buy those in store.

Next

Excuse me? I what? I don't have it installed on my computer.. but I'll download it and log in for you so we can meet and I'll show you my fancy G5 title (I quit about a year or so ago) or how about the fact all of my characters are in pimped out Exotic armor with best mods you can get.. I'll even go so far as to log each and every character for you to see I have all expansions, have a pimped out version of every class except 2 and my EOTN Hall of Monuments totally filled and show you I have almost every Elite skill captured. I know damn good n well what I am talking about.

Getting those elites wasn't much work. I played first 4 years from release in a guild regularly in top 10 and I can say that although there were balance issues for the first 3 months and immediately after expansion releases, the constant buffing and nerfing of skills was a key pillar in keeping the PvP content ever changing. The absolute main difference is that you didn't have to PvE to do it, just roll the class you want in the top specced gear and roll, how simple was that. I simply dodn't understand this model of PvP used in MMO's where you have to roll through PvE and then PvP for gear, it's just weird.

You can buy those in store.

Next

Uh.. right.. so you are saying that Pay to win is better than pay to play? Or did I just miss something here? Last I played the "PvP booster pack" was for the truly lazy.. I just ran out in to the world capped the elite and went back.

PS Neither of your posts has anything to do with what I said. I said quite clearly that GW1 was plagued by some of the most knee-jerk buff/nerfs ever of any game in history so bad that they had to split the PVE skills from the PVP skills.

This is fact. http://news.bigdownload.com/2008/05/20/pvp-vs-pve-arenanet-on-guild-wars/

It's not something I just made up or pulled out of thin air here. I saw it happen, each patch saw huge sweeping nerfs to builds all the way back to 55 HP Monks.. Touch Necros, etc.. I Lived it. Don't try to tell me what I did and did not experience.

I'm just forewarning everyone else who has not played it to not listen to your nonsense about how GW was some pinnacle of balance that required no adjustments as this topic is about. GW was the worst of ALL games in this field.

i was looking forward to planetside 2 till i saw it will be a free game, with punkbuster as their protection.

can you say hacked to death from day one?

while punkbuster may be trash f2p is the current en vogue, not many new releases can carry off the subscription model now (which is a shame imo)

besides which, hack programs for swtor were literally available on day 1

while punkbuster may be trash f2p is the current en vogue, not many new releases can carry off the subscription model now (which is a shame imo)

besides which, hack programs for swtor were literally available on day 1

well if planetside would at least be buy to play it would cut down on the everyday joe hacker because if he gets banned he will have to buy another copy. but since its just free there is going to be tons of kids hacking away and if they get cought they just d/l another copy, big deal.

big difference having hacks on day one in a shooter hell i wouldnt be surprised if there wasnt hacks ready in beta, there was for BF3 and other shooters i beta tested.

The OP acts like Age of Conan was in a good state during it's launch with over half the content not even available, much less working properly. Some people need to think back...

the sad part is Conan was still light years ahead of star wars from a pvp standpoint. but then again i like open world pvp. so i dunno maybe you think star wars is better because you like warzones.....

Uh.. right.. so you are saying that Pay to win is better than pay to play? Or did I just miss something here? Last I played the "PvP booster pack" was for the truly lazy.. I just ran out in to the world capped the elite and went back.

PS Neither of your posts has anything to do with what I said. I said quite clearly that GW1 was plagued by some of the most knee-jerk buff/nerfs ever of any game in history so bad that they had to split the PVE skills from the PVP skills.

This is fact. http://news.bigdownload.com/2008/05/20/pvp-vs-pve-arenanet-on-guild-wars/

It's not something I just made up or pulled out of thin air here. I saw it happen, each patch saw huge sweeping nerfs to builds all the way back to 55 HP Monks.. Touch Necros, etc.. I Lived it. Don't try to tell me what I did and did not experience.

I'm just forewarning everyone else who has not played it to not listen to your nonsense about how GW was some pinnacle of balance that required no adjustments as this topic is about. GW was the worst of ALL games in this field.

It needed adjustements and you could have adjust it in 2 minutes.

What part of THAT you DID NOT understand?

P2W? Truly lazy? It cost(ed) same amount as 1 month SWTOR sub.

AND you had the option to PvE it IF you wanted to.

Pure win.

And i looooved 55 HP monks :D

Edited by GrandMike

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.