Commando nerfed should I CANCEL or Reroll? Wut are you guys doing?

tehrealdealz

Yea man, i think overall you came out pretty good. It just made it less viable to only spam gravs, but overall i dont think the damage got nerfed hardly at all, the only people who got nerfed are the people who only know how to use the single ability

I can't speak for PvE, but at least in PvP I'm doing significantly MORE damage now. Partly due to the changes to Expertise, and partly due to our skill tweaks.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just tried it out myself in a few warzones and yeah...it's all good. I always laugh at the people whining before the patch even is out and before they even tried it.

We are doing fine my fellow Commando friends. It takes a little adjusting and getting the new numbers into your head so that you use the right skills at the right time - but the changes are minor and easy to implement into your playing style. So stop crying and enjoy your class <3

I can't speak for PvE, but at least in PvP I'm doing significantly MORE damage now. Partly due to the changes to Expertise, and partly due to our skill tweaks.

^^ changes to dps = minor, healing not so much.

Sigh. I dont know why I even bothered with 1.2. They have literally turned pvp into a stupid *********** cod/single-shooter crap MMO....terrible decision.

Edited by Bluetickone

I already have 3 other lvl 50 bm+ chars but i'll quit. It's not just because of the commando being my main and becoming dog****, it's this idea bioware has about pvp and it being more fun if people die alot as if it was a ****** cod match where people spawn on each others and shoot each others in the back over and over again.

Seeing all healers getting nerfed when already pre 1.2 the damage flying around was so insane that they just couldn't make it regardless is just sad.

I'll be playing tera, maybe diablo, and don't think i'll consider checking this game again unless they'll actually add quality of life features on top of reconsidering classes balance.

I don't have any intention of quitting at the moment but I'm definitely pretty disappointed. More likely than not I'll move my Commando over to Gunnery rather than Combat Medic, playing a PvP healer in MMOs is always an effort in frustration to a degree, particularly post WoW as games focus more on DPS being king. I appreciate that you highlighted BWs apparently new development strategy for PvP, it is meant to be fast paced and people are meant to die often. Healers don't fit into that strategy thus we get healer nerfs across the board.

Overall I figure gunnery should be fine, it just would've been nice if we were given some alternatives, particularly for PvP. Assault has always been meh, Gunnery once people become competent is a nightmare (turret play with no interrupts is not my idea of fun vs. competent PvPers) and Combat Medic got not one real buff (Kolto Bomb up to 4 targets from three but still not smart targeting) and a sea of nerfs.

Some of the best PvP combat I've seen to date in an MMO was in WAR (not saying the game was great, but the approach to PvP was solid imo) slow, strategic play vs. fast "twitch" play is the way to go for MMOs imo. Particularly if we're going to stay with the old target based approach to MMO PvP. If we're designing around twitch then developers should make action based (ie movement & aim focused) rather than target selection games. All the current builds lead to is a race to stack up the best equipment and find your "perfect rotation" to button mash people to death.

My gunny commando who I have loved is dead to me. For those that are getting great dps I would like to know how. So far in every wz I have played the empire roles us even faster than before. DPS and healing is down.

I payed for 6 months and my term is up this july. I will not renew. Once again I remember exactly why PVE/PVP MMORPGs are not fun.

If you other guys are having fun more power to you and just chalk me up as a ltp player.