The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Need some advice on changing spec?

ScoldedVi

I am currently Pyrotech build, one of my favourite combos is Flameburst followed by Rail Shot, at my current level of 15. Now in the Pyrotech Tree I have 3 points in Bursting Flame, so that it has a 100% chance to trigger my gas cylinder to make Rail Shot viable. Now in the Shield Tech tree I see that Ion Overload does a similar thing for triggering your Ion Gas Cylinder, by using Rocket Punch but is the damage from the activated cylinder DOT, so that I can use Rail Shot?

Are there any other attacks that give DOT, from a Tanking point of view?

I just read the full description for Ion Overload, so that answers my question but are there any others that do DOT?

just go all the way up the pyro tree until you have at least 25points. Pyro has constant dot that is constantly refreshed with the proper talents, which are self explanatory. So dont bother looking at the other tree right now.

Just one thing, if I put the full two points in Ion Overload, so that Rocket Punch always activates the cylinder, can I then use Rail Shot immediately or do I have to use a ranged attack first, that's what the description tends to imply?