Don't take away our "giggle/laugh" when upper hand procs in 1.2! =(

PerfectDuke

Not only did I love this chuckle, but it made my wife and guildmates grin every time they heard it in our Heroics, FPs, and Operations.

I'm very sad to see this gone :(

Furthermore, as others have mentioned, the new sound is completely lost in the chaotic cacophony of combat, which makes healing quite a bit harder (as I get a little tunnel vision on some of the crazier fights).

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please bring back the giggle/laugh effect for smugglers. It lets us know when our ability procs. It's funny. Making it audible for just the scoundrel and not the people around them would have been a much better compromise if there are haters who don't like our laugh. Please bring it back. Stop making changes that make the class less fun Bioware! This isn't even a question of game balance. It was totally unnecessary. Bring it back!

I was willing to give it a go, even though I love the laugh, but I honestly have a tough time hearing the new proc sound, which I rely on early in the healing process of a big pull to get my energy regen going.

Sound fatigue - are you really going to just make things up, put a governmental-spin-sounding phrase around it and then use it as a real reason? Come on, guys. Everyone knows the best way is the option to turn it on and off.

I submitted an in-game ticket and received a response back, typical sort of non-response, but they did indcate that I should make a suggestion in the suggestion area of the forum.

I have done so, see below link for the thread:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=411041

If anyone wishes to add their input to that post perhaps it will get some visibility combined with the various other threads that have already been made throughout the rest of the forum. In reading the various threads, the majority of people are very unhappy about this change.

Thank you!

nice, now the developers are systematically removing all the fun from the game.

I suppose it makes sense though, most of their subs are imp pvpers so they will just keep catering to their complaints.

So far everything about this patch has been a serious disappointment. All the options that we actually wanted like alternate specs and cross server pvp weren't implemented, and the things that were are either inconsequential or made things worse (like pvp).

But I digress, this thread is about giggling, and I miss it sorely. If they don't bring back it back, then I think this might be the straw that breaks the camels back for me.

I already posted in the Agent thread about this, but since I also have a Scoundrel, I'm registering my complaint here as well. The UI for procs is sorely lacking in my opinion and taking away one of the distinctive cues makes no sense to me. I would have rather seen/heard :eek: them make it audible only to the agent/smuggler who proc'd it if aural confusion was happening.

my agent feels your pain... nothing has brought even a smile to her face since 1.2

okay..,.maybe seeing vector dance cause it's ooc, but yeah..no bomb..no giggle... one sad chiss

her smuggler daughter dosen't even know what shes missing now=[

At the very least it'd be great if we could have an option to turn on the chuckle or turn it off. If other smugglers or others around us don't want to hear the chortle, they could merely disable the setting or set it to the peculiar 'bwink' noise we have now.