1.2 - Combat Medic - Major Nerfs

Blasphemerr

Anyone who says this isn't needed in pvp is a *********** liar, and you know it. Combat Medic is the best kept pvp secret, just not so best-kept any longer.

I really wish the three or four people who have posted on here completely convinced that CMs are overpowered in PvP would offer coherent explanations for why they feel that way, and follow up with defenses of their claims when people reply to them.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really wish the three or four people who have posted on here completely convinced that CMs are overpowered in PvP would offer coherent explanations for why they feel that way, and follow up with defenses of their claims when people reply to them.

So long as we are making requests, I'd like for an ability to flag a post as "email to your mother" where it removes the ****. I imagine we'd have fewer screaming, cursing 12 year-olds trolling the boards.

I do not understand the reasoning behind this nerf at all. I have had to PROVE to my guild mates and others on my server that the Combat Medic can be just as viable of a healer as the Sage, and still that has required a lot of effort on my part. Healing as a trooper in HM's/OP's was already difficult because of not having a very effective AOE which I am happy to see is getting a little help, however I dont think the rest of the changes are worth getting one extra chance to heal a random person to my KB. I dont see how the Combat Medic is so uber in pvp either. I guess using full battlemaster gear with expertise could make you a bit powerful, but Combat Medic DPS is total crap. Thing is now though with the nerfs to the DPS side of the commando its almost not worth it to dump being a healer and respec to dps. These nerfs to the trooper class commando/vanguard are uncalled for.

I for one would really like to see the proof behind the claims that the Trooper is overpowered, other than just people's random conjecture that comes from their pvp experiences.

It seems rather silly to me that most people will claim their opponent is too powerful before they admit that they either suck or that someone else is better than them. As far as my pvp skills go I will be the first to admit that I totally suck in pvp, thats why I dont do it all that often.

If you had to prove to them and the server you have a narrow minded guild and server........lol

I'm pretty unhappy about the change to trauma probe.

Maybe it gets too powerful for 0 cost when you're in raid gear and have tons of crit and surge, but from 40-50 (just hit 50 last night) it seemed just about right to me. NOT worth 2 ammo. 1maybe. But two?

What really annoys me about the cost is now I can't spam it to make sure it stays up. The icon is SO SMALL I can never tell when it's active, so I just sneak it into my rotation while running, when things are looking good, etc.

Too bad they can't (or maybe then can?) make it scale up in cost based on the amount healed, so maybe at a certain threshold it starts costing 1 or even 2. Maybe it costs that in PVP only. But don't nerf the PVE 40-49 at least!

I guess that's the trouble with "free" abilities... you either get what you pay for (and nobody uses it) or players find a way to use it so it's worth something (and then people complain it's too good for free).

I'm pretty unhappy about the change to trauma probe.

Maybe it gets too powerful for 0 cost when you're in raid gear and have tons of crit and surge, but from 40-50 (just hit 50 last night) it seemed just about right to me. NOT worth 2 ammo. 1maybe. But two?

What really annoys me about the cost is now I can't spam it to make sure it stays up. The icon is SO SMALL I can never tell when it's active, so I just sneak it into my rotation while running, when things are looking good, etc.

Too bad they can't (or maybe then can?) make it scale up in cost based on the amount healed, so maybe at a certain threshold it starts costing 1 or even 2. Maybe it costs that in PVP only. But don't nerf the PVE 40-49 at least!

I guess that's the trouble with "free" abilities... you either get what you pay for (and nobody uses it) or players find a way to use it so it's worth something (and then people complain it's too good for free).

i also think it should have been just 1 ammo, but i'm patching the test server now so i can see things for myself.

i'm hoping that with the new customizable UI that we can change those status icons, because that's something i did as well: just spammed trauma probe whenever i wasn't doing anything else so i knew it was up on someone.

I don't know what you're talking about, SWTOR is a PVE game-- quite clearly. Do not nerf classes because of pvp (under 10% of the game population?) seriously.

hate to break the news to you but most the people that play this game pvp more than anything.....read what the devs say that is one of their biggest priority.

So question, are we Combat Medics still being nurfed? There is no longer anything on the test center patch notes about it.

The 3/22/12 Notes are an update to the 3/16/12 notes. They don't replace what was in the 3/16/12 notes. That's why they are so much shorter.

Trauma Probe doesn't heal enough for its cost, if your going to make it cost 2 ammo, make it apply to everyone around you, OR improve the heal amount by 200%/make it castable on others.

trauma probe can be cast on other players or am i missing something

trauma probe can be cast on other players or am i missing something

I believe he meant cast on more than 1 player. Which even with the ammo cost would have some value due to the 5 minute duration you can precast it, regen ammo and it would last the length of most fights and help keep the DPS topped off.

The fact you see these 'Healer spec is not viable anymore, I just lost my raid spot on my uber-leet hardcore raiding guild' on the consular/inquisitor forums and the Scoundrel/operative forums as well, probably means class balance is pretty much OK...

Either that, or all hardcore raiding guilds are about to do stuff without healers...

From what I heard Sages/sorcs got it hard too, going out of force by simply thinking about healing after the patch.

And Operatives... well... you cant nerf those further I suppose...

Anyway, if the changes really are as bad for all classes as everyone in these threads say, how long do you think will these changes last?

Or in other words : why all the QQ? its getting laughable.

The only way I'm not going to leave the game after this nerf of CM is if they give us an in-combat Res ability.

I remember the original SWG was nerfed and everyone left - at least they waited a few months longer before ruining it.

"If it ain't broke don't fix it."

Combat Res is irrelevant to these changes. In combat res is balanced around an ops group(thus why no one can in combat res for 5 minutes after the previous one) so it's effectively an ops ability they give to enough classes to ensure it is available in an op. Effectively it is like a class buff or debuff. These nerfs are class changes. You don't balance class nerfs by adding ops utility. Unless they remove the ops CD (which I wouldn't want to see) in combat res is irrelevant, having access to it is something for the ops leader to balance a group around, not some utility to balance a class around.

The fact you see these 'Healer spec is not viable anymore, I just lost my raid spot on my uber-leet hardcore raiding guild' on the consular/inquisitor forums and the Scoundrel/operative forums as well, probably means class balance is pretty much OK...

Either that, or all hardcore raiding guilds are about to do stuff without healers...

From what I heard Sages/sorcs got it hard too, going out of force by simply thinking about healing after the patch.

Anyway, if the changes really are as bad for all classes as everyone in these threads say, how long do you think will these changes last?

If you never speak up about the problem, how do you expect them to know about it.

If you find healing less enjoyable but still doable, should you remain silent and keep paying to play a worse game than you had a month ago? That will never show up in their metrics except as your class is "still clearing all levels of content." True, but that doesn't mean you are enjoying it. You are just riding it out hoping the nerf cycle will swing back. And it never will, because in your world no one ever speaks up.

Criticize all you want, but the healer complaints are valid. They will remain valid even if all three are equally bad, and complaints about over-simplifying healer gameplay will remain valid even if we can still clear all content (and current testing says Commandos/Mercs can't).

Expecting the world to magically improve while you sit silently and mock those few who do try to improve it is both juvenile and laughable.

i'm talking about the end of his post. i probably should have snipped the rest out.

So am I. I presume that by "make it castable on others" he meant let you cast it on more than one person...although now that I reread his post and the line "make it cast on everyone around you"...I suspect he may not realize it can be cast on anyone. I've seen this with Scoundrels complaining about their AoE heal needing them to run into melee, because they don't realize it centers on the target and they keep casting it with no target, which makes it cast on themselves.

I believe he meant cast on more than 1 player. Which even with the ammo cost would have some value due to the 5 minute duration you can precast it, regen ammo and it would last the length of most fights and help keep the DPS topped off.

ah, that would make sense.

for being able to cast it multiple times without resetting itself, i could see 2 ammo being a good trade-off then.

EDIT: and i realised the post i replied to is before my previous reply. didn't see that last page last time i was here.

nevermind <_<

Edited by oaceen

They'll last as long as the developers decide to let them. Problem is that could be one h@ll of a long time.

One question, do you play a healer or are you just trolling on all the healer boards?

The problem we CM's have with the nerfs is that almost everything is nerfed. We gain one extra person on KB and all our costs go up while our heals and shields go down. That's a pretty drastic move on a class that hasn't shown it's self to be OP. Maybe if it was done in stages it'd be a bit easier to take. But all this at once? I don't know.

Secondly many of us CMs have noticed we're considered second class PvE healers, so we only get a place on the bus if there's no sages around. Think 1.2 is going to make this any better? I don't. :(