Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Game Update 1.2: Legacy is on the Public Test Sever!

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For anyone wanting to know the full details on the 1.2 legacy system, check out this article here! I collaborated with some folks at sithwarrior.com and they provided all the info/screenshots I needed :)

http://mmo-mechanics.com/news.php?article=1-2-legacy-system-preview

plz tell me those prices arent final, 5million for the gtn thing?! hellz no rather waste my credits on speeders...

For anyone wanting to know the full details on the 1.2 legacy system, check out this article here! I collaborated with some folks at sithwarrior.com and they provided all the info/screenshots I needed :)

I'm so glad I can just buy the race! I totally am saving up my credits for that. ^^ I really want my Twi'lek Sith Marauder!

EDIT: It is universal or server wide only? I have a 50 Twi'ek Shadow, and the Sith Twi'lek I want to make will be on a different server. :/ I probably already know the answer lol, different legacy's for each[even though it's the same name] but I was wondering if the race had to be on that server as well.

Edited by Kahlanization

so only powers and skills they can learn, not like like armor change or weapons change to?

I was hoping for my jedi/sith force user to have middem or havey armor.

or a bounty hunter able to learn Lightsaber skills, or a warrior to learn doubleBlade lightsaber, or so on. its just powers.

:cool::eek:

Game Update 1.2 for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ will be released for public download soon! Entitled Legacy, this latest update to the game will allow players to experience brand new in-game content, including a new Flashpoint, a new PvP Warzone and a new Operation. All of this new content is now live on the Public Test Server so if you’re currently a player, we encourage you to check it out and give us your feedback! Be sure to visit the Star Wars: The Old Republic Test Center to learn more, and you can also take a look at many of the new features coming in Game Update 1.2 in our New Features video.

Read More

Oh, now here comes the begining of the end of this game. Did anyone notice, the small addition to the sentence about the addition of "Combat Logs"? This will be the big WoW. They add combat log, then the parsing starts. Soon enough they have add ons and Recount.

Please reconsider the combat log. It is so not needed and leads to "DON"T STAND IN BLUE FIRE, beware NINJAs, DPS DPS DPS DPS!!!" from WoW. It is anathema to the kind of atmosphere you have already built and should be developing.

I know it says in the patch notes that in order to unlock a particular species you can either hit level 8 legacy or pay anywhere from 500k to around 1 or 1.5 million i believe in credits. Does this mean though that when you hit level 8 legacy you unlock all the species for play or does it give you a choice as to who you can unlock as a species for all classes. i.e select 1 of the following for unlock.

BioWare should really start giving us the Patch notes prior to the actual patch day so we can prepare ourselves what is to come.... it's annoying to get a vague video that tells us nothing specific about class balancing, how about we feed the actual notes into an ongoing post like Camelotherald does for DAoC .... im just saying you're wasting your time and you're wasting your players, more and more players drops every day because they dont know if you're about to salvage the sinking ship or whether you are just going to let the game crash and burn....more info ....PRIOR to the release of a patch thx

Bioware already posted the patch notes. You are just not willing to look for them... ;)

http://www.swtor.com/test-center/patchnotes

I'm so glad I can just buy the race! I totally am saving up my credits for that. ^^ I really want my Twi'lek Sith Marauder!

EDIT: It is universal or server wide only? I have a 50 Twi'ek Shadow, and the Sith Twi'lek I want to make will be on a different server. :/ I probably already know the answer lol, different legacy's for each[even though it's the same name] but I was wondering if the race had to be on that server as well.

It's the server your Legacy is on, only. Not game wide. If you move to a new server you start at no Legacy until you finish Chapter 1, just like before.

only unlocking the same species that are already in the game is a slap in the face.

how hard is it to add species already in the game as playable? nautolan, togruta etc.

when BW mislead everyone a month ago by saying "new species" a guildmate suggested it would probably be same species just useable by different class. i laughed at him and said that would be rediculous if BW did only that.

look whos laughing now, not me.

rest of the update is lame. nothing but gamewide nerfs. there is already almost nobody in game. anywhere but the fleet is a ghosttown. wait until gw2 comes out. game failed really hard, im surprised, i had hopes for this game

Edited by vrgadin

BioWare should really start giving us the Patch notes prior to the actual patch day so we can prepare ourselves what is to come.... it's annoying to get a vague video that tells us nothing specific about class balancing, how about we feed the actual notes into an ongoing post like Camelotherald does for DAoC .... im just saying you're wasting your time and you're wasting your players, more and more players drops every day because they dont know if you're about to salvage the sinking ship or whether you are just going to let the game crash and burn....more info ....PRIOR to the release of a patch thx

You do realize the patch was posted to the TEST SERVER right? :rolleyes:

Congratulations!!! You've just won the "Reading Comprehension Failure of the Day" Award!

only unlocking the same species that are already in the game is a slap in the face.

how hard is it to add species already in the game as playable? nautolan, togruta etc.

when BW mislead everyone a month ago by saying "new species" a guildmate suggested it would probably be same species just useable by different class. i laughed at him and said that would be rediculous if BW did only that.

look whos laughing now, not me.

rest of the update is lame. nothing but gamewide nerfs. there is already almost nobody in game. anywhere but the fleet is a ghosttown. wait until gw2 comes out. game failed really hard, im surprised, i had hopes for this game

How is a new flashpoint, op and pvp zone lame? how is finally getting the damn legacy stuff lame? Besides if they are smart they will do what WoW does, make an expansion (that has a new race) then make another expansion (that has a new class) and so on and so on.

are you a statistian bro? lol...players quitting a game is given..what is important the amount of new players playing in.. :D

A month too late - subscription expires tomorrow. If these changes were made in March instead of April - most likely I'd subscribe for +2 months. See you in F2P SWTOR! Or in D3 or GW2.

goodbye then..looking forward to see you quit also in D3 and GW2 after it is release..lol :D

if u wanna leave for GW2, TERA or what the hell you want go!

frikin anime lovers...

The only thing i did not like about the 1.2 patch is the new PvE and PvP gear...

Come on Bioware i know you could do better than that.... Doesnt even look like Star Wars... :eek:

About the class changes I like them. And lol, my main is a Mercenary all people whining that mercs gona be NERFFFFF, no they dont ;) they will get stronger if u play it right instead of spamming tracer missile!

Edited by -Kelerak-

if u wanna leave for GW2, TERA or what the hell you want go!

frikin anime lovers...

The only thing i did not like about the 1.2 patch is the new PvE and PvP gear...

Come on Bioware i know you could do better than that.... Doesnt even look like Star Wars... :eek:

About the class changes I like them. And lol, my main is a Mercenary all people whining that mercs gona be NERFFFFF, no they dont ;) they will get stronger if u play it right instead of spamming tracer missile!

Hehe thats all i ever see mercs do especially in pvp is spam tracer missiles! :p and yeah the gear is kinda funny lookin the only one i really liked was the trooper gear >.>

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.