Assassin/Shadow PvP tank gearing...

Arnathis

Need some advice on what breakpoints and stat priorities I should be aiming for and I really can't find any solid info on it, all I find is info on the 31/0/10 build with dps mods and I can't figure out if that setup applies to full on tanks as well. Been playing darkness spec in dps gear/mods and doing well with it but it looks like I might be making the switch to full on tank come 1.2 and I can't find any concrete info on the gearing choices I should be making to fulfill that role as well as possible.

If anyone even has a link to a page that breaks it all down that would be much appreciated.

These are my "off the top o my head" specs, and i do damn well

~26% crit

~75% surge

melee bonus damage is 409

force bonus damage is 730

expertise is like 550? im going to go for 500 to gain some more power

you want as much power as you can get your hands on

crit isnt all that important

i have 1.6% alac (gives me an extra tick of Force Lightning :p )

idk if you want any other infos?

The stickied tanking thread at the top of this forum gives a good breakdown of how the tanking stats work with each other. The general consensus I've gotten from these forums and talking to other sins is that it's really hard to be a pure tankassin in PvP because shields (theoretically) don't work like they're supposed to, so everyone gets stalker gear and goes for more DPS. But if they do change things in 1.2 and steer us more into a straight-up tanking role, the stickied thread's breakdown should give a good starting point.

Definitely stick with focus. I switched to one for PvP and leveling around 37 and haven't looked back. The extra Will and DPS stats are sweet, and the shield really doesn't do hardly anything in PvP (again, theoretically speaking).

for leveling i used a shield, never messed with a focus, cus i used dark ward and i never took damage as shields can work wonders in PVE but for pvp I use a focus although I have been seeing a lot of great shadows and assassins using shields and doing very well in PVP