Can this run SWTOR?

DoctorWango

Spec-wise the box beats the heck out of my Win XP dinosaur, and I run the game on high for questing and low-to-medium for flashpoints and PvP. Difference is I have a 1G GTX 550 Ti GPU. So the AMD 512M that comes with the system might get hot at higher res & frame rates. That system with a 1G GPU would do well I think. Edited by GalacticKegger

I wouldn't waste money on that. The processor is awful (1mb l2 cache and 65TDP is just asking for poor performance, those processors are much slower than the phenom dual cores) and I've never even heard of that graphics card and I'm betting the motherboard and power supply are low quality.

I'd definitely recommend saving up an extra $300 or so and getting a real gaming pc.

Edit: I'm not being snobby btw, I'm a low budget gamer too, but you will regret buying that since it wont last very long with todays games at all. A few more hundred like I said and you'll be fine for a few years.

Edit 2: It's not even a discrete graphics card, definitely DONT get that, I have no idea how they can call that a gaming pc at all.

I'd aim no lower than an i3 sandybridge, a nvidia 460 (not SE) and 4gb ram, and dont go cheap on the power supply, a corsair is very nice and reliable. A cheapy powersupply can destroy your entire hardware if it decides to die, and the voltage output on them are very inconsistent, regardless of it's wattage.

Edited by Arkanovi

I wouldn't waste money on that. The processor is awful, and I've never even heard of that graphics card and I'm betting the motherboard and power supply are low quality.

I'd definitely recommend saving up an extra $300 or so and getting a real gaming pc.

Edit: I'm not being snobby btw, I'm a low budget gamer too, but you will regret buying that since it wont last very long with todays games at all. A few more hundred like I said and you'll be fine for a few years.

Edit: It's not even a discrete graphics card, definitely DONT get that, I have no idea how they can call that a gaming pc at all

CANNOT emphasize THIS enough. You will regret this purchase.

So instead of making a brand new topic.. Could this run SWTOR and what settings do you think it would be able to handle? Medium is fine with me.

Part list permalink: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/5KpP

CPU: Intel Core i3-2100 3.1GHz Dual-Core Processor

Motherboard: ASRock H61M-GE Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard

Memory: Corsair XMS3 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory

Hard Drive: Western Digital Scorpio Black 320GB 2.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive Video Card: Asus Radeon HD 6770 1GB Video Card

Case: Cooler Master Elite 430 ATX Mid Tower Case

Power Supply: Cooler Master 500W ATX12V Power Supply

Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer

Monitor: Acer S201HLbd 20.0" Monitor

Total: $560.63

Edited by Shockey

So instead of making a brand new topic.. Could this run SWTOR and what settings do you think it would be able to handle? Medium is fine with me.

Part list permalink: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/5KpP

CPU: Intel Core i3-2100 3.1GHz Dual-Core Processor

Motherboard: ASRock H61M-GE Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard

Memory: Corsair XMS3 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory

Hard Drive: Western Digital Scorpio Black 320GB 2.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive Video Card: Asus Radeon HD 6770 1GB Video Card

Case: Cooler Master Elite 430 ATX Mid Tower Case

Power Supply: Cooler Master 500W ATX12V Power Supply

Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer

Monitor: Acer S201HLbd 20.0" Monitor

Total: $560.63

I'm not sure I would skimp on the motherboard and buy ASRock. I do own an ASRock but it was never used as my main system. It's really cheap and lacks features. I don't trust it for sure.

I would go with an ASUS MB, they are always quality. Otherwise that will make a system able to run the game adequately.

You'd probably do better by going to cyberpowerpc.com and take advantage of their March Madness sales. You might could get better specs for the same price.

EDIT: Their website gives me headaches. :(

Edited by Toxen

I'm not sure I would skimp on the motherboard and buy ASRock. I do own an ASRock but it was never used as my main system. It's really cheap and lacks features. I don't trust it for sure.

I would go with an ASUS MB, they are always quality. Otherwise that will make a system able to run the game adequately.

This, I have an Asus Sabertooth. I thought of going with a Rampage III Formula but since I don't overclock thought the durability of the Sabertooth would be more useful.

Also, get an SSD for your boot drive, and make sure it's SATA III like an Octane. The Octane 128GB is a good choice if you aren't going to store tons of programs.

Edited by Agemnon

I would say that's fine, if you can afford more then try for a i5 2400 (it's not much slower at all than a i5 2500k at stock).

Nothing wrong with ASRock specifically, I have a z68 extreme 4 gen 3 and it's amazing, the mosfet cooling and 8+4phases really help with overclocking stability. I had my i5 2500K at 4.5ghz within 5 minutes of installation

ASRock is a solid motherboard. My main gaming rig is built with an ASRock P67 Pro3 mb. Your ASRock motherboard lacks features because you chose to skimp and buy a model with lacking features. I've already dealt with two flaky Asus motherboards in the past.

Edited by Dropadeuce