Committed to Guardian Tanking

Alexi_son

I just wanted to publicly state that I want to wear heavy armor and wield a lightsaber...

And while I may not enjoy being forced to click Riposte every 6 seconds, on the second, or blade storm every 12, or spam taunt continually in a desperate, but ultimately vain attempt to hold agro...

Or that, unlike other tanks, my tanking form artificially limits my force generation, forcing me to allocate what seems like half my defense tree skills to overcoming my own Soresu form.

Probably my biggest complaint with the class as a whole is that my feet get cold when I play for extended sessions due to having to play barefoot to click my additional keyboards with my feet to cover all the various ability cooldowns associated with tanking as a Jedi guardian.

But they do get heavy armor, they get a lightsaber, and I can tank, so that's the class for me, and I'm sticking with them, no matter how grueling and annoying they are to play.

Thanks.

Very nice :]

Love the cold feet part, cuz I too have that problem! Hahah

But Guardians probably have the hardest time tanking in this game...Just have to stick with it, maybe one day we'll get a little threat buff :D. I love my Guardian <3

being forced to click

I feel sorry for every group, which has a clicker Guardian as a tank.

I'm serious, there is no worse class in this game for a clicker.

Edited by Kozor

I switched my Guardian to DPS, I just could not get it right, now he is back to Defense where he belongs. I feel much better, I have a sentinel if I wanna be DPS :)

There ARE a lot of keybinds tho. I'm still getting used to keybinding instead of clicking. I'd always have my main skills bound sure, but now just about everything is bound.

Edited by Belly

I've played off-tank (Tank Assist, or whatever you prefer to call it) and did some Main Tanking here and there....

So far...this is the only game I've EVER had trouble with tanking.

Threat control is almost non-existant for a Guardian Tank. Everyone can out threat gen you. Including your companions set to their non-threat generating stances.....

I mean...really? I've NEVER seen a game where a Cloth Tank can out tank a heavy.....Something wrong there I think.

I too switched to Vigilance, and am less frustrated...tho it does seem that my aggro radius is quite large.....larger then anyone else's...

I have found my Guardian's role....Secondary DPS, and the guy who bails the healer out when they get the attention of the mob, and the main tank either didn't notice, or taunts are on cooldown. :D

Also we seem to have a pretty fast Interrupt....so I do that a lot too.

Maybe one day....Guardian Tank will work better....and I might go back to it...but for now, Guardian DPS works.

Threat control is almost non-existant for a Guardian Tank. Everyone can out threat gen you. Including your companions set to their non-threat generating stances.....

Now I don't have to be embarrassed, I thought it was just me :/

WTB Force pull. Vanguards has, Kinetic Shadows also has. I know they do not want all classes to play the same but, my goodness.

I just wanted to publicly state that I want to wear heavy armor and wield a lightsaber...

And while I may not enjoy being forced to click Riposte every 6 seconds, on the second, or blade storm every 12, or spam taunt continually in a desperate, but ultimately vain attempt to hold agro...

Or that, unlike other tanks, my tanking form artificially limits my force generation, forcing me to allocate what seems like half my defense tree skills to overcoming my own Soresu form.

Probably my biggest complaint with the class as a whole is that my feet get cold when I play for extended sessions due to having to play barefoot to click my additional keyboards with my feet to cover all the various ability cooldowns associated with tanking as a Jedi guardian.

But they do get heavy armor, they get a lightsaber, and I can tank, so that's the class for me, and I'm sticking with them, no matter how grueling and annoying they are to play.

Thanks.

I'm Moonstriker and I wield a single bladed lightsaber. I also wear heavy armor in the fashion of Iron man or robes with giant shoulder pads that hide my oddly shaped butt.

Life as a tank isn't easy, people call my weapon a lolsaber and /laugh at me when I beat them with it. I've also been told to put away my glowbat and get a real weapon.

While it isn't easy to keep my squishy friends alive when they easily pull aggro off me due to my difficulty with AOE threat - and while it's hard to PvP knowing that I'm going to die, a lot, and make a difference that no one but me really notices ...

And I carry around a shield that doesn't shield, and continue to practice dodging when I just can't dodge ... and I wind up for Bladestorm but just can't pull the trigger - again, and again , and again ... or I rapid tap my first master strike so I look like I'm a human tape stuttering ...

At the end of the day I still pick myself up, dust myself off, pull out my lightsaber and dive back in to the action yelling "LEEEROOOYYYY" with a smile on my face.

I'm proud to be a Guardian, and that's how Guardians do it.

Get a pair of these socks?

While I admire those of you who are able to joke about the horrible state of the JK Tank. I've shelved mine for the final time this afternoon. I won't be renewing my sub, but thats for another post.

Guardian tanks are just.. bad. I found that I was surviving longer in PvP by just running straight to the acid in huttball and jumping in. Imps stopped killing me to watch, and I lived longer that way.

What I really enjoyed though, was leaping over to a commando in a rep vs rep match, winding up and hitting him for 73, 290, 70 damage.. then after he laughed, melted my face with 4k each grav bolts. Um.. I is a tank?

I won't even get into the futility of JK tanks in PvE (part of the problem is that PvE raiding/HM's in this game are pure and utter garbage)

I would hope that in full T2 pvp gear I would be able to do more than 60k damage a match, but usually have 20 deaths and if I'm lucky I'm alive long enough to pull 50k protection. Yay me! I'm a friggin hero.

Yeah.. JK Tanks may be the worst end game class of any game.. ever. Even worst than Warhammer Chosen.

Guess I sit back and wait for Transformers Online. Meh..

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.