4 Questions for the casual gamers!

kelvaen

Do you currently find that end game is to easy?

I don't think its easy i just think we have a ton of access to how to do fights. which gives it the feel of being easy.

Did you think the leveling was to quick?

i don't think leveling is to quick although i wish pvp gave more xp. but i hear 1.2 brings some xtra xp boosts with legacy

Have you cleared all end game content on at least easy mode?

no i have not only a few random fights with guild (one was SoA)

Question from Evironrage I thought needed to be added

I have an additional question for the casuals. Would a more difficult lvling process have put

you off from continuing to play?

well considering most of the "difficult" quests are skipped by casuals imo no i think having some of the mobs with more hp or hit a lil harder or bigger groups would have jus made the game more fun

Is this your first MMO?

no played SWG/WOW/RIFT/EVERQUEST/LOTR

Just curious as i'm not a casual player of mmos but a hardcore player that has unlimited game time. Since causals are taking over the mmo market i'm just curious if you guys think this mmo is way to easy, or if your happy with the current difficulty?

i think mmo's in general are viewed as easier nowadays because its not all that much of a grind as lets say SWG/Vanilla wow was

Dont get me wrong I still love the game, i'm just hoping that operations start getting more challenging for people like myself.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, and I have reached 50.

No, trying to find a group without LFG when you play on off hours is challenging to say the least lol.

I have an additional question for the casuals. Would a more difficult lvling process have put you off from continuing to play?

Yes. The game needs to be fun. If it becomes a second job, I won't stick around.

Is this your first MMO?

No. I have played SWG pre-CU, post-CU, and even NGE; LOTRO, Guild Wars, Warhammer, AoC, and Rift.

Just curious as i'm not a casual player of mmos but a hardcore player that has unlimited game time. Since causals are taking over the mmo market i'm just curious if you guys think this mmo is way to easy, or if your happy with the current difficulty?

Dont get me wrong I still love the game, i'm just hoping that operations start getting more challenging for people like myself.

In theory nightmare mode is for people like yourself, but I have no idea how hard it really is as I haven't played it.

I presume I fit the OP's definition of 'casual' (a fairly nebulous description at the best of times, but anyway), so:

Do you currently find that end game is too easy?

No. I like that it is not dauntingly difficult to start off with; time will tell if it presents enough breadth and depth of challenge to keep it interesting.

Did you think the leveling was too quick?

No. I was pretty thorough in doing quests but I leveled with another person (which made things faster), but played less days as a result (which made it slower.) I would say the levelling felt more akin to Vanilla WoW than modern WoW, as a comparison.

No. I have cleared Eternity Vault and done the first two bosses in Karagga's Palace on normal so far.

Would a more difficult lvling process have put you off from continuing to play?

Depends on 'difficult'. Taking somewhat longer, no, not particularly. Making all the quests more frustrating to do or requiring more people, potentially yes.

Is this your first MMO?

Not by a long shot - started playing MMOs in 1999 and have max-level characters in three games at present (though one game's toons are basically 'retired' at present, because I don't really have the time or energy to play them all.)

Edited by Laurelinde

I have an additional question for the casuals. Would a more difficult lvling process have put

Is this your first MMO?

I'm a very casual gamer and just hit level 50 last night, I played since early access.

No I dont think its too easy myself, and I spec'd healler and found some of the bosses almost too hard in my story, though that is easily recitifed by brining a friend.

would it have put me off, hmm. I guess I dont know what "difficult' would entail if it mean tjust longer no I dont think so, if it meant much harder missions, maybe, but I enjoy the game a lot so I normally man up to challenges in games I enjoy. I admit thougH I rarely play games for the challenge of it and normally for story/fun. I mean I dont want super duper easy, but admit I do get frustrated easy ifI keep dying. (though as an exception to this I played and very much enoyed and beat Halo on legendary).

This is my first MMO, traditionally I was put off by subs and found I had plenty to play, I tried WoW once and found the absence of real plot (or as it seemed to me in the begining) was lame and I just didnt enjoy it that much (I might nto have given it a fair shake but I wasnt impressed). I love SWTOR though, I really enjoy the story and just generally have found it fun. I just hit level 50 and have a 2 planets left to go in my class story I also found I really enjoyed PvP which I didnt think I would, though I guess the game of choice efore this SC2 is all competitive so....yeah.

I think I'll be sticking with it a while, not sure how much end game content I'll really do, the idea of grinding to get more gear so I can get....better gear just not sure the point, but I have loved all the flash point so. yeah.

i'm going to ignore your 4 questions. and just work of the assumption, you feel that a game that is designed for casual players is too easy for a hardcore player

which then brings up the ugly argument, casual vs hardcore

this is bad

casual players are needed. these are the masses, and the masses the ppl that keep the subs high. and high subs means loads of money that can be invested in newer content. they are money for the game

hardcore players are needed, these players test the game better than any dev and in greater numbers. they are first to complete new content and work out the best way to play the classes. they are the ppl that write the guides. they are gold for the game

so a game should not be casual casual casual, but then again it should not be hardcore hardcore hardcore either. the best result is a good mix of both

the devs said the new content in 1.2 will be what nightmare should have been. so for the hardcore i hope this keeps you happy

P.S. sorry skipped your questions but that is my feeling on the whole topic

No, some of the missions are challenging and PvP without the right gear is seriously humbling.

If leveling was any slower, I would still be leveling so no. Maybe it was fast for power gamers but for power gamers everything is too fast.

No I can't get groups. Most of my guild quit. (At least the guild)

I have an additional question for the casuals. Would a more difficult lvling process have put you off from continuing to play?

For the most part leveling was good maybe easy but some of the mission bosses were a big step up and a lot harder than the rest of the planets content. So if the planet content got harder overall, that wouldn't have bothered me but the mission bosses definitely shouldn't.

Is this your first MMO?

NO

Edited by JerokTalram

Yes it is to easy.

The lvl speed is ok use abut 10 day to 50 or so.

Yes all kill all on Nightmare only reason it did take abut 10 week was because of the bug.

NO.

Is this your first MMO?

No.

Dunno haven't got there yet

No, not to me. I have been playing a month and still haven't had one of my toons reach 50 yet. Maybe levels 1-10 were too quick, but otherwise it is fine.

Nope and don't plan on doing all endgame content either. PVP is not my thing.

Nope, as long as I had the stories, I am good. I don't care if iti is more difficult. Heck I played EQ 1 back in the days of hell levels and hybrid penalties

Is this your first MMO?

Not even close. EQ, DAOC, LOTRO, DCUO are four although DCUO and DAOC did not catch my interest as they were so centered on PVP at the end. DCUO was much quicker leveling to me.

but a hardcore player that has unlimited game time

I just hope it is not by choice as you are are happily unemployed living off the government or something. I knew a couple of those in EQ and I wasn't impressed as we all need a life.I hope that operations start getting more challenging for people like myself.

I do too. I want challenging content for the hardcore players

Answers in yellow.

Is this your first MMO?

I'm only level 46.

A little too quick, yes.

I'm only level 46.

No. I felt I missed out on a lot of content by leveling too quickly. I'm in no rush.

No, not by a long shot.

Edited by Felioats

Do you currently find that end game is too easy?

No.

No.

No. Not interested in most of it.

No. Unless it were nearly impossible for some classes to advance solo.

Is this your first MMO?

No.

I wouldn't have minded more time between levels if there was story there, not just tougher electronic bad guys.

Combat is the single part of this game I like LEAST. If I could spacebar through combat instead of dialogue, I would.