Any hope of getting Origin web browser in game ?

Angedechu

I alt-tab a lot too. Depending on what my graphic details are set at. . .results in how long I get that 'loading' splash screen, and then it brings you into the game.

I could see low end machines not handling this well.

Edited by FourTwent

• 7 years later...
In another game made by Bioware, you can access the Origin web browser while in game, which is extremely convenient (as ME3 does not alt tab easily). Such a feature would help a LOT in TOR.

Maybe, back in the old days when you were running a single or double core processor, an in-game browser may have been a good thing, but given any modern processor with 4 or more cores, (or even 2cores/4threads) it becomes less useful.

If you are getting a delay when switching between the browser and SWTOR, that probably means you should put your OS, browser, and SWTOR on an SSD anyway. :)

Personally, I never alt-tab out of the game. I simply open a browser on my second monitor. (An older 17" 1280x1024 LCD) :)

Edited by JediQuaker

Maybe, back in the old days when you were running a single or double core processor, an in-game browser may have been a good thing, but given any modern processor with 4 or more cores, (or even 2cores/4threads) it becomes less useful.

If you are getting a delay when switching between the browser and SWTOR, that probably means you should put your OS, browser, and SWTOR on an SSD anyway. :)

Personally, I never alt-tab out of the game. I simply open a browser on my second monitor. (An older 17" 1280x1024 LCD) :)

Um. The text you quoted *was* "back in the old days" of 2012...