Retirement and Employment for alts

JoyProtocol

Legacy is there to promote many characters that would be interrelated. This could easily result in many people having multiple alts of varying levels. I really liked the idea seen here, but just last night I had a thorough conversation with my girlfriend regarding "heroic deaths" and how overdone they are. What if you don't want your character to die? But what if you want them to work for the family?

What if you could put your alts "to work", or retire level 50's without deleting them?

I imagine something similar to Crew Missions, but something that would use an alt character, and last a very long time (or permanently) - where you would retire a level 50 character, and receive ongoing benefits to all other characters

(Character joins Republic logistics office, and an item box is mailed to a character every few days. Character joins the Treasury, and funnels some cash to you as time goes. Character retires in a mansion, and ALSO channels funds to you).

For non 50's, you could commit them for very long missions to benefit your legacy - things that would last 1 day, or even 14 days but either create an ongoing effect (Commit an alt to work in the archives. Receive 50% bonus XP for all codex entries while active) or a Bound to Legacy reward once completed

(minipets? Collectable? Vanity items? The famous "amazing leveling purples" that bioware mentioned?)

Lastly, you could maybe put alts on gathering skills, generating a slow but steady stream of crafting supplies.

That way, there is a continuous reward for developing your legacy, as well as even more roleplaying flavour to your character. Your grandfather sacrificed himself in a monumental battle, and your parents are both Imperial Slicers, contributing to the war effort.

Edited by JoyProtocol