So, Lets Say The Hero Engine IS Broken...

Tadshackles

Assuming the Hero Engine IS in fact an outdated bugged mess (I know there is no proof here but for the sake of this conversation lets say it is)

Assuming it's broken, does anyone know how hard it is to fix/replace.

I mean its not like a BW employee can just flip flop graphics engines during standard maintenance? right?

It would take like a re write of the whole game or some craziness, right?

What I am really getting to here is, with all the hero engine haters, they must know that it would take STUPID amounts of work to actually fix/replace... Right?

Anyone work in the field actually know about this?

Assuming the Hero Engine IS in fact an outdated bugged mess (I know there is no proof here but for the sake of this conversation lets say it is)

I mean its not like a BW employee can just flip flop graphics engines during standard maintenance? right?

What I am really getting to here is, with all the hero engine haters, they must know that it would take STUPID amounts of work to actually fix/replace... Right?

In answer to your last question, no, no one here "works in the field" despite the claims they will make to the contrary.

I have an MS in computer science and pursuing a PhD atm, and I can tell you this:

a) the game engine is not "broken" since the majority of people are capable of running the game (not saying there aren't any performance issues though).

b) Every game/software gets polished/optimized through its life-cycle. This game will too. However, this process takes time since there are so many parameters involved in the performance of complex computer software and a limited set of resources (dev team).

c) The time frame, extent, and difficulty of optimizing the game (as well as its issues) is known only to the people who have access to a broad set of performance metrics and the engine code itself (i.e., the developers).

I have an MS in computer science and pursuing a PhD atm, and I can tell you this:

a) the game engine is not "broken" since the majority of people are capable of running the game (not saying there aren't any performance issues though).

b) Every game/software gets polished/optimized through its life-cycle. This game will too. However, this process takes time since there are so many parameters involved in the performance of complex computer software and a limited set of resources (dev team).

c) The time frame, extent, and difficulty of optimizing the game (as well as its issues) is known only to the people who have access to a broad set of performance metrics and the engine code itself (i.e., the developers).

This here is probably the best way to explain it.

In answer to your last question, no, no one here "works in the field" despite the claims they will make to the contrary.

I love to read absolutism statement like this :p.

I have to wonder how you came to the conclusion that "none of us work in the field".

Did you somehow ask the NSA to send the resume of all 1.7 Million subber to you , checked all of them, and really, none of us work in the field ?

just asking, because you seem awfully informed *insert snarky giggle*.