Received and redeemed "unlock code" - still no access?

Drake_Lazarus

Just wondering if anyone is in the same boat as me. I redeemed my pre-order key only a few days ago, but just earlier today got my second code. The one we've all been waiting for. :)

I redeemed it, fired up the launcher, but got the same error message as before:

"There is currently no active subscription on this account."

So, my account hasn't been flagged as active after all? Why not? Or do I just wait and keep trying?

Anyone else in the same position?

My mistake - despite having 30 free days, I have to go through the subscription process anyway, or I can't play. Should have spotted that earlier!

I'll continue to describe my experience in case it helps anyone else...

After filling in my subscription information, I fired up the launcher again. It doesn't give me that error message any more (thank goodness), but neither does the Play button light up. Uh oh.

In fact, nothing happens at all.

There's a progress bar, but it's empty and unmoving. If I hit "Exit" it claims it is, in fact, patching. But is it? Not sure what's going on, honestly.

same here, apparantly theres yet another email we have to wait for - "your saga begins"

As everyting related to this game has Q's it could take a while for the mail servers to catch up - or something else that may be broken, who knows there is no customer support in this game

Edited by BossJawa

Thinking it might be a graphical bug - that it really was starting to patch, but I just couldn't see it - I quit and started the launcher again.

Uh oh!

"There is currently no active subscription..." etc.

The next three times I try, I get the same error message. Something isn't quite right here.

....uh you do know there has been massive nerd rages going on here since tuesday right? You know why? Because BW send out Early Game Access invitations depending on when you redeemed your pre-order code. How can you've missed all this? -.-

same here, apparantly theres yet another email we have to wait for - "your saga begins"

As everyting related to this game has Q's it could take a while for the mail servers to catch up - or something else that may be broken, who knows there is no customer support in this game

True- i have put the early access pre order key in- and the full subscription key for the full game and it tells me I am ready to play- yet nothing-and no answer from any kind of customer support or any updates- its as if they all gone on xmas holiday

I haven't been on these forums (busy with work and other such things) so no, I don't really know exactly what other people have been experiencing. I have browsed a bit, but that's all.

I know about the staggered EGA.

I had gathered that some people were confused about the two codes. The pre-order code doesn't actually get you into the game, but the second code, the registration code, does.

When I had both, I thought that was it - process over. I was not aware that there was an additional step.

Intuitively, it feels like I have completed everything I need to, to access the game. I guess that isn't the case, so I'll wait for whatever happens next.

Once you have finished subscribing you will get a mail confirming the subscription setup.

After that mail the 'your saga begins' mail arrives

this should activate the play button

Edited by BossJawa

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.