Umm... why use advanced probe?

Is there a reason I should be using the Advanced medical probe? i mean its not much faster or stronger the regular so why should i even bother touching it? I just think bioware should try and fix this because iam a healer and i feel the healing skills were sorta neglected thats all, so does anyone agree?:confused:

Adv med probe is just about the most important skill.

There is a trait on the combat medic tree that makes it so when you use adv medical probe, you can use a medical probe afterward for only 1 ammo (normally cost 3). So with this trait, you are getting 2 heals in, for the price of 1. And because of the cast times, your ammo usually recharges by the time its done(unless you're stupid and let your ammo drop below 8, like by spamming medical probe with out adv medical probe), so in effect really getting free heals.

Summary- It increases your HPS by a LOT if you have the correct points in the medic tree.

You're way off if you don't think AMP is something you should be using. As mentioned, when you have the correct build, casting AMP will allow your next MP to only cost 1 ammo. It is critical for resource management in healing intensive encounters.

Basically you should be using AMP before MP whenever possible.

All of the above is very right. The HoT is small, but the 10% armor buff is nice. Look at some endgame Vanguards, Guards and Shadows who run 7500-8600 armor usually. That's +750-860 armor. While in comparison it's not a huge jump, it does help at times.

Supercharged Cell can make dropping a Kolto Bomb, then AMP +MP + AMP + MP + AMP + MP very feasible in saving a tank or DPS that's about to go down. Usually give the casting times, you'll not eat away too much ammo since each AMP + MP only costs 3 ammo.

It's probably the most valuable skill you have.

Skilled correctly, AMP reduces the cost of MP to 1. This allows you to cast both for the price of the ordinary Medical Probe. Further to that, it will also apply an (admittedly weak) HoT and buff the targets armour by 10% for a short time. It's the staple of the Commando Healers diet.