Snipers need abilities like Last Gasp and Mass Betrayal from Rift.

Xsorus

For those who didn't play Rift..

Last Gasp, was basically a Dot in the Necro tree, one stack of it did crap damage, however every time the person was healed, an additional stack of the dot was applied, up to 5 times.. and it kept resetting over and over again whenever they were healed. So the only way to remove it was from Cleansing or just not healing the target. It's currently pretty crap in Rift (mainly because mage damage in that game went to the bloody crapper) But back in the day it was an extremely nasty ability to have.

Mass Betrayal also works similar, it was a 2 min time ability that basically applied a debuff on a clump of players (up to 10), Whenever these players used an ability, it did damage to them plus up to 6 players around them, and also drained Mana/Power/Energy.. It basically screwed over button slamming zergs who didn't properly cleanse.

i feel things like this would improve Snipers, make Snipers that class you have to pay attention to on debuffs, otherwise you get screwed over.

And these abilities fit in with the Sniper class how?

Utility abilities that give a reason to bring a Sniper other then "dps"

Ya know.. how Marauders do insane damage, have insane survivability, with great utility as well..

Utility abilities that give a reason to bring a Sniper other then "dps"

Ya know.. how Marauders do insane damage, have insane survivability, with great utility as well..

We bring a 20% d-reduction bubble and the greatest front-loaded damage in the game. Your point?

I'm not saying we don't need a fix, I'm merely saying, this isn't it.

We bring a 20% d-reduction bubble and the greatest front-loaded damage in the game. Your point?

Every tank can reduce the damage output of an enemy group by 30% every 45 seconds and at the same time reduce the damage output of an enemy by 30% every 12/15 seconds for ~6 seconds. You will rarely actually see smart tanks do it and no does not require tank spec/stance at all.

smart assassin/shadow will make sure that the player with the highest damage will actually have the lowest. no matter who the dps targets.

Oceanic servers are a nice place to see what classes most players decided to reroll. When rep groups are sage+healing commando+shadows theres not much specific dps can do.

In regards to the OP suggestion. I disagree.

Edited by shadowAI

You clearly haven't played a Pyro Powertech yet..

Having played both.. no.. you don't do anywhere near the greatest frontload in this game.

You clearly haven't played a Pyro Powertech yet..

Having played both.. no.. you don't do anywhere near the greatest frontload in this game.

Only issue I have with my Pyro is that the damage is x% proc based (30%, 45%) and I dont really like RNG that much. Been many times were I didnt get free RS to proc once in 40 seconds.

Edited by shadowAI