Spondgebob

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

skill? it's just convenience

as long as only leader can mark - it should stay as it is, if every member can mark it - fine, clear the sign when the target dies

that was my point....it takes no skill to see a marked player...at least if the mark dropped off the leader would have to find you again, if the mark never drops...other players dont have to be aware of what their target is doing....they dont have to look for healers....they just have to look for the mark....the mark that is very big and screams healer lol

as for ppl saying hide or los 4 or 5 players....really?

Edited by Englisheart

How tough is it to remember who the healer was when going against 8 people?

In every game they are easy to spot. They are the ones casting all the time and doing their little healing dances lol.

Just being a healer gets you killed it is not the mark over your head.

So why the marks if its that easy?

That's totally different, to remember who was the healer and to spot him and cc him, but not in the current way with mark on him

If I remember correctly the focus target frame would fade depending upon their current distance from you. So you could use that to gauge when the enemy was in the engagement again. I am guessing being able to mark enemy players themselves came from either Aion or Rift and they just extended it from WoW.

Now that I think about it you could mark players, just not enemy player with the icons. I remember we use to mark our own healer for a point of reference.

Fail. Marking is no different than a premade calling out targets in TS/Vent. If anything it keeps the playing field fair for PUGs. You play a healer you should expect to get focused.

Premade is a different thing, there is no premades atm in this game, in premade you are not the only healer in battleground and it will be easier to survive but in PuG games ...

If I remember correctly the focus target frame would fade depending upon their current distance from you. So you could use that to gauge when the enemy was in the engagement again. I am guessing being able to mark enemy players themselves came from either Aion or Rift and they just extended it from WoW.

Now that I think about it you could mark players, just not enemy player with the icons. I remember we use to mark our own healer for a point of reference.

Yea every friendly player was marked especialy in arena games and own healers in RBGs so you can know for who to peel, i've been playing RBGs in wow whole cataclysm expansion since rbg was released and got to +2200 as a hunter, the only way was with main assist you make macro /target player /assist and u have it when they call it

There are pre made groups of 4 and those 4 will tear up a wz.

Quit blaming a mark for bad game play on your part.

Getting killed is part of the deal. If you can't handle getting focused and killed then play another class or don't play at all.

I play a Shadow tank and I get focused all the time too. They have to take me out to get to the doors. I melt like butter sometimes, but I don't cry about it.

It is part of the game. Nobody lives forever and those that never die are probably not fully engaged in the WZ doing all they can to win.

There are pre made groups of 4 and those 4 will tear up a wz.

Quit blaming a mark for bad game play on your part.

Getting killed is part of the deal. If you can't handle getting focused and killed then play another class or don't play at all.

I play a Shadow tank and I get focused all the time too. They have to take me out to get to the doors. I melt like butter sometimes, but I don't cry about it.

It is part of the game. Nobody lives forever and those that never die are probably not fully engaged in the WZ doing all they can to win.

you really cant see the ops point can you....getting focused is part of being a healer ofc

If you are marked then as soon as you are out of the spawn you are often burned down....not because the other players know you are a healer by remembering you or checking what you are casting, simply because the leader marked you maybe ten minutes before.

we are not whining about dying...get this in plz, its the unfair way we are targeted not that ppl focus us

Edited by Englisheart

Marking is fine... If your getting focused find a guardian and make a friend, they will know what to do.

As a guardian I consider all healers MY WUBBIES! no one touches my WUBBIES...

at least not while Im breathing.

Edited by VoidJustice

correct me if im wrong but the same opportunity to mark the opposing team is afforded to both teams equally. additionally there are a number of abilities, that mind you center on the idea of team work, that seem to exist for the very purpose of counteracting focus fire.

things like:

-stuns

-aoe stuns

-knockbacks

-roots

-slows

-heals

-hots

-sorc shield

-taunts

-aoe taunts

-guard

-intercede

-purging dots

-bh armor buff from heals

-pulls both offensive and defensive

-sniper group shield

don't get me wrong, sucks to be you if you're the one who is getting focused fired. chances are overwhelming that if you get marked you're a healer, and if your team isn't willing to protect an individual that plays such a pivotal role in the game that the other team wants to kill them on sight, that's on your team, not on poor development.

A good team will target you whether you have a mark above your head or not if you're heals. Even with piss poor tab targeting, its not hard to cycle through it as fast as possible when you know what your looking for, ie the healers name. A symbol over your head isn't the deal breaker causing your death, its not that hard to target one person out of 8.

if you're of the opinion the mark is doing the job of the player for them, consider what happens if you remove it as far as solving your problem of being focused. The answer: the same thing still happens. Instead of a mark, i just tell a ranged dps to pick out healers and once they have one stay on him, and let the group know. A simple mouse click on that ranged dps' name in the ops frame, followed by a quick ALT+T, and the group is focus firing. 1 mouse click in the current system vs 1 mouse click and hitting alt+T, i dont think those extra 2 buttons you have to press are the tipping point you're looking for.

Edited by goulet

Who was the genius that got this idea in bioware? It's worst then the macro system in WoW where u could get interupted by 1 click without even player targeting you ...

Every game i enter the first 1-2 minutes is ok, until someone notices that im the healer and marks me... after that everywhere i show up i get attacked by +4 ppl and it's a gg for me i can survive maybe every 2 mins for more then 15 sec if my Reactive shield is up and there is no more then 1 sith warrior on me since i get choked while other players are hitting the pinata.

Stop crying and get better teammates.

I'm a full healer, yes this happens to me as well when I pug it. No complaints, it means I'm doing a good enough job they care :D

Again lol

I dont mind being focused, its part of being a healer, I do mind that just because the leader of the enemy marked me as a healer at the start of the wz I have a mark on my head for 15 minutes so anyone who can see knows where I am and knows I am a healer.

The most brain dead player can just look for the mark...not my name...not what I am casting just the mark.

At least the marks should fall off after death, if you are marked you are out of the game more or less.

At least the marks should fall off after death, if you are marked you are out of the game more or less.

The only way this is true is if you are not playing effectively. If you're running out into the open all the time, death is your reward.

All the warzones have adequate obstacles to hide behind, los around and to do the healer pillar dance. Huttball has them everywhere. Voidstar has tons in the first and final rooms. Alderaan has them at every control point.

Use them. You die less. Your healing stays the same.

Marking players is one of the dumber additions to pvp in MMOs. It goes right along with the need for huge gear progressions and dumb grinds like valor.

If you need to mark a target to be focused, then you aren't pvping. You're pveing against a player. You're simply finding the person to kill first and then putting a huge flag over their head. It completely removes the need for having a knowledge of what lcasses look like, having a situation combat awareness of the enemies and allies in your immediate area, and the need for communication and coordination amongst players.

There is nothing to refute this, and anyone defending marking players is simply trying to turn pvp into pve. I'm not attacking you for feeling this way, I'm just telling you that it's like bringing a football to a basketball match. You're doing it wrong.

As a tank, I like marking enemies in both PvE and PvP. I do somewhat understand the OP's frustration though. I find it silly that I can mark a healer in the first 15 seconds of a WZ and no matter how often he dies, the mark stays with him.

It should probably clear on death, but I don't care either way. :)

Blame your own team for being too stupid to help their own healers.

I don't get the avg person in this game it takes a big mark above a healers head for them to understand they should attack that person first. And if their own healer is under attack no one help, they just run past it and healer get stuck self healing the rest of the match.

Who was the genius that got this idea in bioware? It's worst then the macro system in WoW where u could get interupted by 1 click without even player targeting you ...

Every game i enter the first 1-2 minutes is ok, until someone notices that im the healer and marks me... after that everywhere i show up i get attacked by +4 ppl and it's a gg for me i can survive maybe every 2 mins for more then 15 sec if my Reactive shield is up and there is no more then 1 sith warrior on me since i get choked while other players are hitting the pinata.

Have a backuphealer and someone guarding you. With that setup as a commando healer I can have 4-5 guys beating on me with hardly breaking a sweat. If they still persist beating on the marked target its gg, we win.

As a healer i find being marked is fine.

Against baddies/random PuGs, you kite/LoS them, they get tunnel vison and your team wrecks them / cap the objective.

Against good players and premades, the fact is they don't need a mark on you, they'll call your name on vent or if they are used to see you they will auto switch to you anyway, part of a healer life: deal with it. I personally find it fun to be the primary target in your team, first stat i look at the end of a match is how much damage i took toping healing charts is nice, topping tanking stats is better :p

Again lol

I dont mind being focused, its part of being a healer, I do mind that just because the leader of the enemy marked me as a healer at the start of the wz I have a mark on my head for 15 minutes so anyone who can see knows where I am and knows I am a healer.

The most brain dead player can just look for the mark...not my name...not what I am casting just the mark.

You know, even without the marking, you do understand that people remember who heals in warzones. I know probably 3-4 common healers for the Republic on Kinrath and as soon as I see them, I out them so the others know they are always a MH.

The same goes for me. I'm certain I get marked. The repubs on my server are good, even the pugs aren't bad.

Oh, and don't be so sure about brain dead. We mark healers and the other half of our group sometimes still don't focus fire. A lot of bads in the game. Not bad duelists, but bad teammates.

Edited by islander

You know, even without the marking, you do understand that people remember who heals in warzones. I know probably 3-4 common healers for the Republic on Kinrath and as soon as I see them, I out them so the others know they are always a MH.

The same goes for me. I'm certain I get marked. The repubs on my server are good, even the pugs aren't bad.

Oh, and don't be so sure about brain dead. We mark healers and the other half of our group sometimes still don't focus fire. A lot of bads in the game. Not bad duelists, but bad teammates.

mmm you did read the first line in my post?

as a healer I know I will be focused and as you say its not that hard to know who healers are....this being the case why do ppl need to be able to mark us?

I kinda thought you mighta been a sorc/sage healer, but then I saw "reactive shield" and knew that you're a commando.

You are playing the single best healing class at dealing with pressure. If you're not expecting constant pressure the entire match, never roll a healer. I play the squishiest healer in the game (sage) and have far less instant-casts and armor, and the same CC abilities, and I do just fine. Ask for a guard, it helps a lot (though isn't 100% necessary).

If they're so dead-set on focusing you, kite them away from objectives.

It's worst then the macro system in WoW where u could get interupted by 1 click without even player targeting you ...

How exactly is people seeing you're marked worse than 1-button macros that interrupted you without even targeting you?

What a ridiculous statement.