Lack of performance patches - disappointing

Baracca

Alright then. Why can your computer handle Crysis without any trouble, but has some trouble with an MMO?

Because crysis is well programmed-well optimized, manages files well where Swtor just doesn't. The managing of files and everything isn't handled well and uses a lot more processing power than it should.

Edited by TheLonelyTusken

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because crysis is well programmed-well optimized, manages files well where Swtor just doesn't. The managing of files and everything isn't handled well and uses a lot more processing power than it should.

And how do you know that it's the problem? What if it's working as intended? This is an Online-Game afterall. The data required is humongous.

And how do you know that it's the problem? What if it's working as intended? This is an Online-Game afterall. The data required is humongous.

Because it's evident to any tech-savy user simply by observing the way the game reacts to certain situations.

If you have no issues whatsoever, good for you.

You are the 1%.

Because it's evident to any tech-savy user simply by observing the way the game reacts to certain situations.

If you have no issues whatsoever, good for you.

You are the 1%.

I'm sorry, but I can't simply trust any of the "tech-savy" users based on observations. I need logs. I need factual proofs. Their observations can't cut it as facts.

What do you mean? How do I know managing data poorly is the problem? Because it's a problem and it's directly linked to performance. Managing files poorly isn't "working as intended", because it's not really a question whether it's poor or normal.

I'm sorry, but I can't simply trust any of the "tech-savy" users based on observations. I need logs. I need factual proofs. Their observations can't cut it as facts.

Like I said, then go to another thread or look on the net for that info, which is there. I'm not going to go create one for you because your too lazy, even though I told you, you could find it. Saying the problem doesn't exist because you don't have it is silly, especially when many people- who really have more experience than you, are telling you it is a problem.

What do you mean? How do I know managing data poorly is the problem? Because it's a problem and it's directly linked to performance. Managing files poorly isn't "working as intended", because it's not really a question whether it's poor or normal.

Just because you think it's managed poorly in your opinion doesn't mean there is a problem. I'm sorry, but your observation doesn't make it a valid problem.

Like I said, then go to another thread or look on the net for that info, which is there. I'm not going to go create one for you because your too lazy, even though I told you, you could find it. Saying the problem doesn't exist because you don't have it is silly, especially when many people- who really have more experience than you, are telling you it is a problem.

What I'm saying is that you are not a trained professional, so taking in account observations of the users is ridiculous. Just because you think there is a problem simply can't cut it.

Have a nice day.

Just because you think it's managed poorly in your opinion doesn't mean there is a problem. I'm sorry, but your observation doesn't make it a valid problem.

Managing data poorly is POOR. If it's poor that means it's bad and not working as intended!

It's not my opinion that it's doing it badly because it is!

Besides all the other issues like LFG, PVP, and content, I'm really disappointed in the performance.

12 gigs ram, SSD drive, and Radeon 7970 you can kill the framerate by the following:

going to Ilum

opening and closing your inventory

mounting and dismounting

Is there any hope for increased performance or is this engine THAT bad?

:(

Its not how much money you throw at a putter its how you can drive it.

And again: AMD/ATI > the issue since pre-beta. While nVidia < less of it.

Too bad that people refuse to acknowledge that reality (which is stated 100+ times a day on those forums.)

Enjoy complaining about your situation and not taking the steps to fix it.

Edited by IPaq

What I'm saying is that you are not a trained professional, so taking in account observations of the users is ridiculous. Just because you think there is a problem simply can't cut it.

Have a nice day.

You don't have to be a trained professional to see there's a problem, that's like me seeing someone obviously sick, bruised up, and near dead on the ground , but then someone else telling me there's no problem because I'm not a doctor, Which makes it my opinion only.

I'm not complaining because it's my issue alone, in fact I only expierience this issue sometimes and it doesn't bother me that much. I am complaining because I KNOW it is a issue and I am trying to bring it to the awareness of BW so they can fix it for people who are having huge problems with it. It's not an opinion when you know a lick or two about the problem.

You don't have to be a trained professional to see there's a problem, that's like me seeing someone obviously sick, bruised up, and near dead on the ground , but then someone else telling me there's no problem because I'm not a doctor, Which makes it my opinion only.

I would like to say you're right. I really do. But I've yet to see any evidence that files are managed poorly. You're just telling me that. Give me proof. It's not that I'm lazy. I'm the kind of guy that needs proof. Otherwise your claim has no foundation.

The problem is certain event cause the game to have to query the server for info and the game freezes for a split sec when this happens. No computer can over power this no matter what the specs.

Need proof? Hit B to open your bag. or C to open your character sheet.. or L to open the mission log. or any button that opens a UI window. This will cause the game to freeze. This is especially apparent when you're running/riding forward.

This also occurs anytime one of your quests update or a server message is displayed on screen. Ever wonder why the game seems to freeze every 2 secs in Ilum? It's partially because of all the quest updates that you see displayed on the screen.

Edited by Rotny

I would like to say you're right. I really do. But I've yet to see any evidence that files are managed poorly. You're just telling me that. Give me proof. It's not that I'm lazy. I'm the kind of guy that needs proof. Otherwise your claim has no foundation.

So go find proof, frankly compiling all the evidence takes time, and has already been done a few times on this forum and on other sections, so you can understand I am apprehensive about doing it for nothing.

The problem is certain event cause the game to have to query the server for info and the game freezes for a split sec when this happens. No computer can over power this no matter what the specs.

Need proof? Hit B to open your bag. or C to open your character sheet.. or L to open the mission log. or any button that opens a UI window. This will cause the game to freeze. This is especially apparent when you're running/riding forward.

This also occurs anytime one of your quests update or a server message is displayed on screen. Ever wonder why the game seems to freeze every 2 secs in Ilum? It's because of the quest updates that you see displayed on the screen.

This is more convenient proof, rather than showing you the graph of files running, but for a person who knows anything about hardware, this proof makes it evident.

This also occurs anytime one of your quests update or a server message is displayed on screen. Ever wonder why the game seems to freeze every 2 secs in Ilum? It's because of the quest updates that you see displayed on the screen.

I agree that this holds some water.

This is more convenient proof, rather than showing you the graph of files running, but for a person who knows anything about hardware, this proof makes it evident.

I love when people reply to this saying something like "Well I dont go around opening my bags over and over so who cares!" lololol

Maybe there's other variables I'm not aware of. I can't say that's not possible. BUT I live in a apt with 2 roommates and though our computers all vary in how powerful they are. We all play swtor and all share the game stutter/fps drops that, in my and my t2 comp tech roommate's opinions, are because of client<->server communication problems. When the game queries the server the game freezes for a split seconds while it waits to receive the info. This would appear as random FPS drops. Edited by Rotny

Maybe there's other variables I'm not aware of. I can't say that's not possible. BUT I live in a apt with 2 roommates and though our computers all vary in how powerful they are. We all share the game stutter/fps drops that, in my and my t2 comp tech roommate's opinions, are because of client<->server communication problems. When the game queries the server the game freezes while it waits to receive the info.

That's definitely not normal. But I can't really say that's a problem either.

Maybe there's other variables I'm not aware of. I can't say that's not possible. BUT I live in a apt with 2 roommates and though our computers all vary in how powerful they are. We all play swtor and all share the game stutter/fps drops that, in my and my t2 comp tech roommate's opinions, are because of client<->server communication problems. When the game queries the server the game freezes for a split seconds while it waits to receive the info. This would appear as random FPS drops.

On AMD systems try disabling cool n quiet.....my personal pc runs swtor smooth as silk. My GFs PC is BETTER than mine and ran it like crap.

I didn't have the cool n quiet feature. She did. I turned CnQ off....problem solved :D.

Give it a shot :D. I'm sure Intel has a similar feature.

If you memtest clean, and prime95 for 12-24hrs with no issues, then it's a bios setting...I guarantee it :D.

I unsubbed about a week ago and only have 3 days left. I have been anticipating the 1.2 patch notes for a while in hopes of them addressing ability delay and performance issues with there crappy engine.

For all those that have finally made up your mind with this crappy game, I'll cya in Diablo 3 and Guild Wars 2.