Asking for help with my anni build pvp.

MajesticBeast

Phantom and Subjugation are both way better than Seeping Wound. I also rarely find myself using Predation while as Annihilation, so I just put 1 point into Ferocity.

Phantom is AMAZING. While fighting Gharj, for example, you can literally negate an entire Pounce and continue hurting him. Similarly, you can ignore any DoTs, or you can reduce all damage from stage hazards (lava, acid, fire, whatever) for a few seconds. It becomes an "OH CRAP" button on a 45 second cooldown. It becomes an alternate form of Undying Rage.

Subjugation is amazing. Interrupts are some of the strongest moves in the game, and ours can go to 6 seconds with a 4 second shut-out. That means that you can entirely prevent an opponent from using an ability for the whole fight. They might get it off within that 2 second window if they're lucky, but most players won't be reacting fast enough for that. This means that Tracer Missile/Grav Round is entirely mitigated. Healers don't get their small heals (interrupt the big ones with other stuff). It's amazing. On top of that, Obfuscate is more useable. Sure, Obfuscate is quite situational (since it doesn't work on the majority of enemies you'll choose to fight), but it can be a life saver.

Would you say seeping wound isnt needed because i do like the 100% slow it does, so i dont have to use crippling slash which take's a decent amount of rage. I really like preditation a lot makes capping and rushing in all 3 WZ's allot easier. Is close quarters a must in pvp/pve or just a filler skill?

If you like it then keep it. I personally dont use any of the run speed debuffs and I dont have a problem.

If you feel the need to get to objectives thats your choice. this is what trees are really made for, to customise your character to how you fight.

If you like it then keep it. I personally dont use any of the run speed debuffs and I dont have a problem.

If you feel the need to get to objectives thats your choice. this is what trees are really made for, to customise your character to how you fight.

You dont use any speed debuffs on your target so when they slow you use force camo?

You dont use any speed debuffs on your target so when they slow you use force camo?

The Seeping Wounds debuff is a 30% slow for 6 seconds. It amounts for very little, ESPECIALLY against Ops healers/Sorcerers that can slow you for 50% for 6s/12s respectively. A 50% slow for 12s negates their slows and allows you to stay on them. I will definitely say that Phantom has saved me much more than Seeping Wounds has helped me.

Does Seeping Wounds help? Of course it does, but at times that I NEED a slow and Rupture is on CD (which it should be as much as possible), I have to use Crippling Slash anyway.

Would you say seeping wound isnt needed because i do like the 100% slow it does, so i dont have to use crippling slash which take's a decent amount of rage. I really like preditation a lot makes capping and rushing in all 3 WZ's allot easier. Is close quarters a must in pvp/pve or just a filler skill?

Just to clarify, Seeping Wound has a 100% chance to apply a 30% snare...just so you aren't confused.

The reason why many people don't get Seeping Wound is because most other snares are 50%, meaning you will still be falling behind while trying to chase the person and have to apply Crippling Slash anyways. So it's easier to just spend the 2 rage on Crippling Slash. Also, since Rupture is only a 6sec duration, without 100% up time on it, you'l still be applying Crippling Slash when it wears off. It's a personal preference talent, i'll leave it up to you to decide whether or not it's beneficial.

Ferocity is always a must for my PVP builds, it's too helpful for ball running in Huttball, node swapping for defense in Civil War, and boosting to doors in Voidstar. Glad to see you have it.

Subjugation is personal preference, whether or not you find yourself glued to healers or not. For organized PVP it would be almost mandatory, but for PUG PVP and single queueing, it's give or take.

Phantom is one of my favourite talents. It allows me to avoid smashes from Rage Marauders/Juggs, defensively camo and negate most of the heavy DOT damage of a sorc, it allows you to camo through fires in Huttball to get into pass or intercede positions without losing health, or even to save your life in that 20meter dash to the closest health pack with a full string of DOTs stacked on you.

Close Quarters is nice, but I only put 1 point into it. I don't use charge as an interrupt unless I absolutely have to, and moving back a couple feet to get your charge off isn't the end of the word. 5 Meters seems perfect to me, as its right outside of your melee range.

With that in mind, i'd probably move 2 points up into Phantom from Seeping Wound, and then you can also move 1 point from Close Quarters into something else, maybe even Defensive Roll (which is really nice for negating Smash and all of that heavy Sniper/BH/Sorc AOE that gets thrown around all too often).

My 2 cents. Hope it gives you a different perspective.

P.S. Malice is give or take IMO. 6% crit to our DOT's is nice, but it's benefit is lessened in my eyes because our Berserk rotations already give them a 100% crit chance, and we also get a bonus 15% from our Annihilation tree. So an extra 6% for 3 talent points just seems like trading too much possible utility (Defensive Roll, extra rage on charge, etc.) for a slight increase in damage.