PvP/Leveling Spec

Implemented

I ran full Assault. Leveled biochem at the same time.

You get Elara Dorne pretty early on and she heals you through most fights just fine.

There were a few champion mobs that I could solo on the shadow in tank spec that I could not solo on the vanguard in DPS spec. Other than that the kill rate was higher and downtime was dependent more on the number of times I proced HIB than any damage I was taking.

Going Shield is always great for leveling and soloing any PvE Heroic 2+ etc while leveling, although until you get your charge at 30 you may be bit disappointed in PvP.

Assault on the other hand will do great in both at the start. PvP you'll do great damage (Bolster is amazing for DPS Classes) and PvE Content will be not to terrible, you'll have to manage yourself a bit better since you'll be squishier but things will die quick at least.

Edited by exphryl

• 3 weeks later...
Well im lvling a Vanguard and wanted a pvp/leveling build...so I got some info out of this! Thanks guys! lol

Me too! It was helpful to me, if not to the OP. Any other insights for those of us leveling Vanguards? I haven't chosen my Crew Skills yet either. I was thinking of either Cybertech or just doing straight gathering/mission skills for cash.