dont need 3 dps trees

mmjarec

First of all without appropriate damage meters of some sort it is impossible for you to personally claim one spec is better then another. You claim to have tested YOUR speed at killing mobs in both specs, to me this doesn't prove anything. Perhaps your terrible at one of the specs thus leading to a slower kill. Just because it takes you 5 seconds longer to kill something doesnt prove that the prolonged damage isn't going to even out. Plus in pvp consecutive damage is nice, however, big hits and major crits are very fundamental and very useful in lots of situation. It stresses out healers and makes players blow there cool downs quicker. Don't just claim things with no REAL evidence.

I know that it is not a perfect test. Lacking a damage meter and combat logs however, I cannot readily think of another way to test it. I am not terrible at either spec, I'm a competent player who researched rotations and got used to the specs BEFORE testing, because I knew it would be biased if I tested carnage without knowing it as well as I did anni. By the way, don't even try to get into prolonged damage, in raiding and pvp you cannot always be on target, which by default gives anni a huge boost, as the DoTs allow dps even when knock backed, stunned, staying out of fire, etc. The biggest strength of anni is the prolonged dps!

As far as pvp, you really can't argue carnage being better than anni. Anni gets healing for yourself and often the group, an invincibility buff, better DoTs (there are so many stuns and knockbacks in this game that it is HUGE to be able to do DPS even while not on the target)...do I really need to continue? Not to mention annihilate gives you some good burst.

Now, while my tests might be a bit spotty, which I will give you...is there anything, anywhere, from any credible source that says carnage is superior, or even equal to anni? If so, I must have missed it. Or is it "I saw bigger numbers and cant manage DoTS therefore I think carnage is better"?

Edited by calrian

you dont need a METER to have a BRAIN. its obvious with playtime as both specs by switching back and forth being efficient at both but obvious which is more utility and even brust so carnage has nothing but way to specific a task with no utility.

utility wins in pvp thats why the tri-spec sorcerer healing hybrid is the best for pvp. survivability = more dps across the board.