Do attacks not continue when target goes out of range?

popober

As the title says, do attacks cancel out during wind up when your target runs too far? Say with Zealous Strike, it has around 4m range right? Then you try using it on someone, but it's the heat of the battle so everyone's running, but you're somehow slower. Your toon winds up ZS, he swings his arms, but brings it back down for some reason.

So yeah, do attack windups cancel due to out of range? Or is this just another result of the stuttering? It's annoying not being able to start up my rotation because I can't use one of my key skills.

As the title says, do attacks cancel out during wind up when your target runs too far? Say with Zealous Strike, it has around 4m range right? Then you try using it on someone, but it's the heat of the battle so everyone's running, but you're somehow slower. Your toon winds up ZS, he swings his arms, but brings it back down for some reason.

So yeah, do attack windups cancel due to out of range? Or is this just another result of the stuttering? It's annoying not being able to start up my rotation because I can't use one of my key skills.

It's a mechanical problem associated with the Combat spec. That virtually never happens as Watchman. Blade Rush is the worst culprit, I wasn't really aware of a problem with Zealous. I use it frequently in PvP (duh) and I haven't really witnessed this phenomena with anything other than Blade Rush, and Master Strike misfires.

Generally speaking, if the ability 'winds up', it means that your machine acknowledges that opponent is close enough, but then when it checks it against the location of your target with the server, it decides against it. I'm honestly not sure if that's Combat related or just the age old problem of melee in PvP.

For some reason I only seem to suffer from that on the day of a brand new patch. Last night was awful for example. But most of the time it's fine.

Saying that channeled abilities do not cancel if the target moves out of range or uses a a CC break.

So if you master strike and they move out of 4m you stand there waving your thing in the air, and if someone CC breaks your stasis you stand there like a gimp waving your hand at them.

Which I personally find odd..

For some reason I only seem to suffer from that on the day of a brand new patch. Last night was awful for example. But most of the time it's fine.

Saying that channeled abilities do not cancel if the target moves out of range or uses a a CC break.

So if you master strike and they move out of 4m you stand there waving your thing in the air, and if someone CC breaks your stasis you stand there like a gimp waving your hand at them.

Which I personally find odd..

You can't break the damage portion of Stasis, so even if they break your hold on them, you continue to damage them (I believe, I'd have to duel somebody to test for sure).

Master Strike requires them to be within 4m to start the attack, but is very forgiving after it has official begun. They can move upwards of 8-10m away before it breaks your channel. I haven't had MS misfire in a long time, but it happens even to a Watchman.

Generally speaking, if the ability 'winds up', it means that your machine acknowledges that opponent is close enough, but then when it checks it against the location of your target with the server, it decides against it. I'm honestly not sure if that's Combat related or just the age old problem of melee in PvP.

I realize this is the Sentinel branch of the Knight forum, but would this be true of Guardian abilities as well, such as Sundering Strike or Overhead Slash? Maybe Dispatch if their health ticks over 20% between keypress and throwing the saber?