Please INCREASE the size of guilds or add ALLIANCES

mmogaddict

Unlike some othe games SWTOR is very alt friendly in all but one way. Currently the hard cap on the number of characters in a guild is 500.

That is around 62 accounts worth of characters. At the moment we are working around this by having multple guilds and using custom chat channels like '/cjoin older' to communicate across the multiple guilds.

The problem with this is that the chat commands like /ban /ckick etc don't work.

What I ask Bioware to do is either increase the number of characters you can have in a guild or put an alliance system in place along with an alliance chat. (/a).

You could limit the alliance system to only a few guilds to avoid misuse (say up to 3 guilds).

/signed

I have seen this create huge problems with the guild I was involved with on a US server before I moved to a AU server. I can see no real reason for the cap either, surely guild size has no real affect on performance so this must be some kind of social engineering BW is doing to create the population spread or grouping they feel is best for the game. Guild leaders and officers are stretched thin managing large population without all the tools they need making them have to create and staff multiple guilds is doubly burdensome.

Unlike some othe games SWTOR is very alt friendly in all but one way. Currently the hard cap on the number of characters in a guild is 500.

That is around 62 accounts worth of characters. At the moment we are working around this by having multple guilds and using custom chat channels like '/cjoin older' to communicate across the multiple guilds.

The problem with this is that the chat commands like /ban /ckick etc don't work.

What I ask Bioware to do is either increase the number of characters you can have in a guild or put an alliance system in place along with an alliance chat. (/a).

You could limit the alliance system to only a few guilds to avoid misuse (say up to 3 guilds).

Or you could just stop spamming invites to every single person you see in /who. Apart from a guild with over 500 people being impossible to organize to any significant extent, why do you want a guild full of random strangers? You might as well be playing with a PUG at that point.

Edit: And why do you need to have 50 alts in the guild per person? Unless you literally have no life outside SWTOR you're not going to be raid gearing them and what guild actually uses in-game chat over VoIP? There's really no reason for more than 1-2 alts per person to be taking up space in the guild.

Edited by Game-Hermit

Or you could just stop spamming invites to every single person you see in /who. Apart from a guild with over 500 people being impossible to organize to any significant extent, why do you want a guild full of random strangers? You might as well be playing with a PUG at that point.

Edit: And why do you need to have 50 alts in the guild per person? Unless you literally have no life outside SWTOR you're not going to be raid gearing them and what guild actually uses in-game chat over VoIP? There's really no reason for more than 1-2 alts per person to be taking up space in the guild.

Because they want to and that it affects you in no way. Whether it is impossible to organize or you think they have 'no life' makes me wonder what is the point of your very redundant opinion? Great you have an opinion, but it benefits this thread in no way constructive.

Hey guess what? I want to eat Star Fruit later today instead of the same old Oranges I have most other days. Why? Because I want to. So what are you going to do about it huh? Oh let me guess, you 'don't understand why I would eat Star Fruit today when Oranges are perfectly fine?' Come on get real. MMO games like SWTOR are about choices and possibilities.

The OP asked for something legitimate. Are you part of the dev team? Is someone forcing work upon you? Do you need to now go to the dev meeting next week and create a new design flow for implementing more than 500 guild member allowance?

No? I didn't think so. So why don't you take your self-righteous "I have a life because my guild is quality over quantity" attitude and shove it up where the sun don't shine, like the exhaust pipe of the Death Star? ;)

That's not a guild of 500 - its a guild of ~62 if each person has one of each class. That is far from an unreasonable expectation, especially in a game that pushes story so much. If Bioware plans to expand to Korea and other Asian markets, they need to boost the guild cap because those guilds are MASSIVE by comparison.

Your post serves no purpose but to annoy and anger.