CC Wars: The Stun Republic

MCAMCJ

Seriously Bioware, haven't you guys learned anything since you guys took over DAoC? There are CC limitations and immunity timers for a reason. And considering DAoC was and still is the greatest RvR (PvP) game ever created to date, you guys should be pulling stuff from there instead of always trying to copy garbage from that other game.

This is me, a customer, informing you that you need to take a long hard look at the insane amount of CC in this game, or I talk with my wallet and move on.

I mean, I can't imagine why US servers are all but dead....

There are a lot of threads about this.

Unfortunately I must inform you that Bioware will not care about what you wrote cause obviously you wrote it in anger and in a non constructive way. Better luck next time

It's not my job to do their job. And I am a paying customer, if they don't like what I have to say then so be it, I'll let my wallet do the talking.

If they want to make the same mistakes that Mythic made - ignore customers and allowing EA to ruin the game (look at warhammer online and daoc) - then this game isn't going to last very long.

It's not my job to do their job. And I am a paying customer, if they don't like what I have to say then so be it, I'll let my wallet do the talking.

If they want to make the same mistakes that Mythic made - ignore customers and allowing EA to ruin the game (look at warhammer online and daoc) - then this game isn't going to last very long.

Seriously mate, if Bioware did act everytime somebody wrote something like you did, this game will be horrible. Cause even though you might have a valid point, you wrote in a QQ way and they will not use QQ as useable feedback, can you blame them?

If you want to get heard come with good reasons, in a constructive way, its that simple.

Seriously Bioware, haven't you guys learned anything since you guys took over DAoC? There are CC limitations and immunity timers for a reason. And considering DAoC was and still is the greatest RvR (PvP) game ever created to date, you guys should be pulling stuff from there instead of always trying to copy garbage from that other game.

This is me, a customer, informing you that you need to take a long hard look at the insane amount of CC in this game, or I talk with my wallet and move on.

wow...such an original thread...a qqer who does not know what he is talking about

...god...it...is is just so refreshing

warn me BW...im ok with it lol

Edited by longgrassgrows

Seriously mate, if Bioware did act everytime somebody wrote something like you did, this game will be horrible. Cause even though you might have a valid point, you wrote in a QQ way and they will not use QQ as useable feedback, can you blame them?

If you want to get heard come with good reasons, in a constructive way, its that simple.

Again, it's not my job to do their job. I am a customer. I have stated my issues with the product I am paying for. I have done my job as a customer. If it were my responsibility to tell them how to fix the product then they should be paying me, not the other way around.

And besides, I gave them everything they need to know.. and they already have all the tools at their disposal. See, most of you wow kids might not know this, but there's a game that Bioware now maintains called Dark Age of Camelot. This game is older than wow, and still has the best RvR (PvP) mechanics to date.

There is a really big reason that a lot of people still play DAoC, and it's not for the PvE.

Stop trying to copy that other game, and use the tools that have proven longer term success than that other game (speaking solely of pvp, I don't care what you do with pve).

wow...such an original thread...a qqer who does not know what he is talking about

...god...it...is is just so refreshing

warn me BW...im ok with it lol

I don't know what I'm talking about? lol.. 10 to 1 you've never even heard of DAoC so you might like to just walk away.

Again, it's not my job to do their job. I am a customer. I have stated my issues with the product I am paying for. I have done my job as a customer. If it were my responsibility to tell them how to fix the product then they should be paying me, not the other way around.

And besides, I gave them everything they need to know.. and they already have all the tools at their disposal. See, most of you wow kids might not know this, but there's a game that Bioware now maintains called Dark Age of Camelot. This game is older than wow, and still has the best RvR (PvP) mechanics to date.

There is a really big reason that a lot of people still play DAoC, and it's not for the PvE.

Stop trying to copy that other game, and use the tools that have proven longer term success than that other game (speaking solely of pvp, I don't care what you do with pve).

Im sorry but please dont even call other people kids. Your failure to realize that Developers, getting 1000 QQ posts a day, will not waste time on crap like you've written here indicates that you are not very mature yourself.

Sure you dont have to give them feedback, but if thats your attitude why did you come here in the first place???? 2nd with feedback = better game. Too bad QQ'ers, like you, makes feedback into a lot of clutter and whine and too little actually constructive feedback.

Rage at me all you want, your obviously angry at the world, so why dont you just strike it down.

I don't know what I'm talking about? lol.. 10 to 1 you've never even heard of DAoC so you might like to just walk away.

Dark age of camelot, yes i have heard of it...have never played it...however that certainly does not change the fact that you are simply a whiner who is not very good at the game, or is WAAAAY too easily frustrated at a video game...either way it is not becoming at all

Edited by longgrassgrows

i would quit every other game if they made a DAoC reboot with updated graphics

and Stun is out of control the only reason a person would think it's not is because they are playing one of the stun o-matics and are trying to not get nerfed because then they are screwed

Edited by Optiris

Im sorry but please dont even call other people kids. Your failure to realize that Developers, getting 1000 QQ posts a day, will not waste time on crap like you've written here indicates that you are not very mature yourself.

Sure you dont have to give them feedback, but if thats your attitude why did you come here in the first place???? 2nd with feedback = better game. Too bad QQ'ers, like you, makes feedback into a lot of clutter and whine and too little actually constructive feedback.

Rage at me all you want, your obviously angry at the world, so why dont you just strike it down.

I've given feedback and I've stated my issues with the product.

If bioware wants to travel down the same road as mythic did then so be it, all they'll end up with is an over hyped game running in maintenance mode less than a year later (warhammer online).

And the reason I keep mentioning DAoC is...

1. Bioware now maintains it.

2. It's been around longer than that other game and still has subs; albeit not that many.

3. People are still playing that game because of the RvR (pvp) structure. The way it works, the mechanics, the rewards, etc. No one plays daoc for the pve.

4. There still hasn't been a game created that has better RvR (pvp) rewards, mechanics or structure than daoc.

So it makes absolute sense to suggest that they take the best of what makes DAoC the best, and incorporate it into the product they want to be the best. I mean really, it's pure idiocy to maintain a game with over a decade of proven success in the RvR(pvp) field and NOT incorporate the things that make it the best into a new product.

Edited by MCAMCJ

He might not of played DAoC but I have, played my Saracen Scout for YEARS, your still dodging the point of everyone's post. You need to learn how to post constructive feedback if you want to be taken seriously, because honestly, your making us ex-DAoC vets look bad with your whine post.

He might not of played DAoC but I have, played my Saracen Scout for YEARS, your still dodging the point of everyone's post. You need to learn how to post constructive feedback if you want to be taken seriously, because honestly, your making us ex-DAoC vets look bad with your whine post.

Thank you for letting him know, again. Apparently you cant reason with these kind of people, so I guess you're better of not trying at all..

It's so comical how stating ones complaints with a product is shunned upon these days. I mean, it's as if I'm playing for free and should be thankful to them for giving me a free product.

And again, I have given feedback. But you all would rather continue to focus on the actual complaint made instead of realizing that I've pointed them to the tools to make a great pvp game. This makes you trolls which also makes what you're doing 100x worse than my complaining about a product that I am paying for.

delete

Edited by longgrassgrows

It's so comical how stating ones complaints with a product is shunned upon these days. I mean, it's as if I'm playing for free and should be thankful to them for giving me a free product.

And again, I have given feedback. But you all would rather continue to focus on the actual complaint made instead of realizing that I've pointed them to the tools to make a great pvp game. This makes you trolls which also makes what you're doing 100x worse than my complaining about a product that I am paying for.

Haha you are funny, or incredibly ungifted.

Dark age of camelot, yes i have heard of it...have never played it...however that certainly does not change the fact that you are simply a whiner who is not very good at the game, or is WAAAAY too easily frustrated at a video game...either way it is not becoming at all

There is a very large difference between flaws in the mechanics and not knowing what one is doing.

I play a ranged class (merc atm). I have 1 ability that frees me from CC. Just about every class except maybe sniper has more than 1 form of CC. It doesn't matter how good or bad I am when it is impossible to maintain a ranged distance because of flaws in the mechanics. Doesn't matter how good or bad I am when I can do nothing but sit there stunned while my HPs drop. And having to rely on my team to make up for the flawed mechanics is just silly.

Here let me show you how its done.

Dear Bioware,

I believe that the amount of CC coupled with the some-what clunky resolve system is a bit too much at this current time. I wanted to inform you that the impact of the amount of CC being thrown around on the pvp front of SWTOR is sometimes almost overwhelming.

I wanted to just bring to light the issues I am having. and I hope to see fixes in the near future on the resolve system, or another system you all develop for this purpose.

Thank you for listening.

-Customer.

This is NOT how its done.

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWW I GOT CC'D QQ YOUR NOT GETTING PAID BECUASE IMMA THREATEN YOU WITH MY 15/mo IF YOU DON"T FIX IT NOW

See the difference?

Edited by Tharenisis

marauder only have 1 force choke which is channeled

snipers have 3 if you include knockbacks

mercs have 3 again with knockbacks

sorcs have how many? 4? and since what was it 60% of people play them? that's a LOT of CC

There is a very large difference between flaws in the mechanics and not knowing what one is doing.

I play a ranged class (merc atm). I have 1 ability that frees me from CC. Just about every class except maybe sniper has more than 1 form of CC. It doesn't matter how good or bad I am when it is impossible to maintain a ranged distance because of flaws in the mechanics. Doesn't matter how good or bad I am when I can do nothing but sit there stunned while my HPs drop. And having to rely on my team to make up for the flawed mechanics is just silly.

Just because I cant help my self.

(dunno imp terminology so this is republic names

1. You have the knockback from cover

2. you have leg shot

3. You have dirty kick, which allows you time to leave close range

I did this cause of 2 reasons.

1) It shows how clueless you truly are.

2) The fact that you know so little about your own classes is the reason why your QQ shouldn't be taken seriously by Bioware.

Low blow? Sure. The truth, definitely.

There are a lot of threads about this.

Unfortunately I must inform you that Bioware will not care about what you wrote cause obviously you wrote it in anger and in a non constructive way. Better luck next time

I'd consider what this guy just said.

These forums have a bad fame of badmouthing and heavy trolling, but at least on my post, I'm very surprised from what I've been reading. Maybe my prolix writting style scared people, or it was just TL/DR, but as someone that isn't exactly satisfied with the way the resolve mechanic works and how this game handles long CCs, I greatly encourage you to elaborate more on your post for better feedback.

Here let me show you how its done.

Like this guy did.

Edited by Arybeth

Just because I cant help my self.

(dunno imp terminology so this is republic names

1. You have the knockback from cover

2. you have leg shot

3. You have dirty kick, which allows you time to leave close range

I did this cause of 2 reasons.

1) It shows how clueless you truly are.

2) The fact that you know so little about your own classes is the reason why your QQ shouldn't be taken seriously by Bioware.

Low blow? Sure. The truth, definitely.

Hes actually a Bounty hunter =P.

Which means he has:

Conc shot

2 Knockbacks

Cover+heal

Edit: Also try to watch your resolve bar and make sure your using your break free at the right time.

Edited by Tharenisis

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.