Commando is Fine

xdjxsnickers

For all the people who keep telling me that Commando are broken, I want you to know that I'm laughing at you. People have told me we have too many CC's and grav round/ charged bolts needs a CD.

Commandos have 3-4 cc's depending on with tree you are. We have our concussion blast, cryo genade, and if you are gunnery spec, stockstrike also. After that, we have nothing. Only one of those moves stun, the other knocks back and slows, and one is broken with damage. We do not have multiple stuns or whatever else you imagine.

As far as Grav Round is concerned, it is a basic attack that opens other attacks for us. Troopers have an attack that can only be used on vulnerable opponents, called high impact bolt. Grav round will crush armor, allowing us to use high impact bolt. Also, for everytime we use grav round, the damage of high impact bolt is increased by 10% stacking up to 5 times. grav round also reduces damage to us by 2% stacking 5 times also. The last effect of grav round is to make our Demolition Round 5% stronger each stack with a maximum of 5. Grav Round is our basic skill and a gunnery tree spec, and cannot have a CD. It has a casting time of 1.5 seconds which gives more than enough time to interrupt.

Even if they add a coldown to Grav Round, we could use charged bolts (the lvl 10 version of Grav Round). People complain about with getting hit once every 1.5 seconds by grav round/ charged bolts. The real problem will come once our other skills are fully charged.

For all the people who keep telling me that Commando are broken, I want you to know that I'm laughing at you. People have told me we have too many CC's and grav round/ charged bolts needs a CD.

Commandos have 3-4 cc's depending on with tree you are. We have our concussion blast, cryo genade, and if you are gunnery spec, stockstrike also. After that, we have nothing. Only one of those moves stun, the other knocks back and slows, and one is broken with damage. We do not have multiple stuns or whatever else you imagine.

As far as Grav Round is concerned, it is a basic attack that opens other attacks for us. Troopers have an attack that can only be used on vulnerable opponents, called high impact bolt. Grav round will crush armor, allowing us to use high impact bolt. Also, for everytime we use grav round, the damage of high impact bolt is increased by 10% stacking up to 5 times. grav round also reduces damage to us by 2% stacking 5 times also. The last effect of grav round is to make our Demolition Round 5% stronger each stack with a maximum of 5. Grav Round is our basic skill and a gunnery tree spec, and cannot have a CD. It has a casting time of 1.5 seconds which gives more than enough time to interrupt.

Even if they add a coldown to Grav Round, we could use charged bolts (the lvl 10 version of Grav Round). People complain about with getting hit once every 1.5 seconds by grav round/ charged bolts. The real problem will come once our other skills are fully charged.

Actually, when grav round is used, it increases high impact bolt damage by 6% per stack not 10%. And charged bolts doesn't hit quite as hard as grav round so I would be disappointed if they added a cooldown to grav round/tracer missile(mercs). For the gunnery tree, your whole rotation hinges on grav round use so I think it would have a huge impact on gunnery dps.

Edited by Sephorae

Just to chime in - I don't play a COmmando, but I play against/with them. If you change grav round/tracer missile (let's say 20% less damage and 3 sec cooldown), you would need to increase other abilities to compensate. As a result, you would have a lot less stable damage, and a lot more spike damage.

Hit for 2k... hit for 2k... hit for 2k... hit for 8k!

Is that what you want?

Actually, when grav round is used, it increases high impact bolt damage by 6% per stack not 10%. And charged bolts doesn't hit quite as hard as grav round so I would be disappointed if they added a cooldown to grav round/tracer missile(mercs). For the gunnery tree, your whole rotation hinges on grav round use so I think it would have a huge impact on gunnery dps.

Wrong. Charged bolts hit much harder than grav round. The difference is, grav round is tech, so it's unshieldable. On a sage/sorc, charged bolts at max armor penetration are far more effective. Do some research.

Wrong. Charged bolts hit much harder than grav round. The difference is, grav round is tech, so it's unshieldable. On a sage/sorc, charged bolts at max armor penetration are far more effective. Do some research.

I don't know why anyone would bother to bring up charged bolts, it's a waste of ammunition in ANY CONCEIVABLE situation that you could possibly bother to think up. It doesn't matter if charged bolts can possibly do a tiny bit more damage by comparison to gravity round, you're just NOT going to waste ammunition on that when gravity round gives you:

Gravity Round Perks:

Cell Charger <<<The only reason you need to NOT use Charged Bolts.

Charged Barrel

Charged Barrier

Curtain of Fire

Charged Bolts Perks:

Charged Barrier

Curtain of Fire

Why the f*** would anyone still bring up charged bolts as a valid argument is beyond me. Please, play your class instead of looking at stupid f'ing charts that you found on some website and stop plotting line charts.

I don't know why anyone would bother to bring up charged bolts, it's a waste of ammunition in ANY CONCEIVABLE situation that you could possibly bother to think up. It doesn't matter if charged bolts can possibly do a tiny bit more damage by comparison to gravity round, you're just NOT going to waste ammunition on that when gravity round gives you:

Gravity Round Perks:

Cell Charger <<<The only reason you need to NOT use Charged Bolts.

Charged Barrel

Charged Barrier

Curtain of Fire

Charged Bolts Perks:

Charged Barrier

Curtain of Fire

Why the f*** would anyone still bring up charged bolts as a valid argument is beyond me. Please, play your class instead of looking at stupid f'ing charts that you found on some website and stop plotting line charts.

dude, calm down. all he's saying is that charged bolts hits harder than grav round (which it does).

if you're gunnery, of course you're going to replace charged bolts with grav round, but he didn't say otherwise.

as for the OP, i agree with Ramsuz

dude, calm down. all he's saying is that charged bolts hits harder than grav round (which it does).

if you're gunnery, of course you're going to replace charged bolts with grav round, but he didn't say otherwise.

as for the OP, i agree with Ramsuz

It's not gonna hit hard enough to make a difference, that's the only thing anyone should know.