Crafting greens for just myself/alts

Skodan

I have a couple characters at the moment.

Vanguard: Bioanalysis, Scavenging, and Slicing

Sentinel: Biochem, Bioanalysis, Slicing

Shadow: Cybertech or Synthweaving, Scavenging or Archaeology, Slicing (probably)

the vg and sent are already made and crafting, the vg is my gatherer and i only send companions out on slicing missions. the sent is also made and i craft green medpacs for my characters.

i dont want to craft with missions since on my old server i was always broke for doing missions too much :rolleyes:

anyway if i want to only craft greens is either cybertech/synthweaving worth it or just do another gatherer for profits?

I recommend orange gear and focusing your alts on green (or even better, blue) enhancements, hilts, mods, and armorings. You can get the orange gear from commendation vendors, then use your alts to upgrade those pieces when necessary. After Alderaan, you should have pretty much all oranges in your primary slots on your main, as well as around four pieces on your chosen companion, unless you don't get your chosen companion until later in the game.

So that means you need two alts, one for artifice and one for cybertech, assuming you are playing a force character. Synthweaving is good for belt and wrists, but is otherwise sort of worthless except for critting orange items. When I played empire I also built a armstech alt for barrels and other weapons, so that may be something you'll want to consider based on your situation.

Edited by Marlaine

I may have missed it, but why are you only crafting greens?

Blue patterns tend to proc often enough that ill do a few extra Re's to get the blue. Or are you avoiding missions altogether to save money?

If that's the case, the key with missions is to sell what you don't use on the GMT. if your only crafting to gear up companions, then level up the mission skill you need, take a few blue items for yourself, and sell the rest on your GMT. You'll actually end up in the positive.

Edit: on the note of craft choices, I did something similar. I went with gathering on my main (arch, scavanging, UT for my blue items), and then created alts for synth and cybertech (you could sub in armortech for synth if your preference is BH/agent over force weilder). gather on your main, craft on your alts. it's not an end game design, but worked like a charm for me for leveling.

at higher levels i dropped the gathering skills for artifice (kept arch) and TH so i could craft crystals and the relics/sabers. I was very satisfied with the results. only downside is with that your not going to get the hilts for your sabers. But it's a tradeoff...you could sub in TH instead of UT, but then your synth and mods would suffer. best option is to set up one of your alts with artifice and TH, and then feed them money for the TH.

But if you really want to stick with greens...you can probably run with bio/arch/scavange, and feed the results to 3-4 different alts for craftings skills. cyber, artifice, synth, and bio. but your going to get quest rewards and drops that are green already...other then the rare slot that you simply don't find, there's not allot of logic to crafting for only greens...

Edited by Elyx

I may have missed it, but why are you only crafting greens?

Blue patterns tend to proc often enough that ill do a few extra Re's to get the blue. Or are you avoiding missions altogether to save money?

pretty much to save money.

at least with my biochem i know i'll save money, had a character on my old server with biochem, bioanalysis and diplomacy, he was very broke from running diplomacy a lot to work on biochem so i could get the blues/purples

so i figure i'll craft green medpacs from resources i gather and sell the mats once i stockpile medpacs. so i was thinking of doing the same thing with other crafts if it was viable enough in that the things i create would be decent at just being greens

Edited by Skodan

pretty much to save money.

at least with my biochem i know i'll save money, had a character on my old server with biochem, bioanalysis and diplomacy, he was very broke from running diplomacy a lot to work on biochem so i could get the blues/purples

so i figure i'll craft green medpacs from resources i gather and sell the mats once i stockpile medpacs. so i was thinking of doing the same thing with other crafts if it was viable enough in that the things i create would be decent at just being greens

Can't argue with that logic :)

Id definitely go with gathering on your main then. stick with crafting on the alts. Quick tip: pick alts that you wouldn't mind leveling at some point. It's always frustrating to get stuck with a high level craft that you don't want to drop on a toon you don't want to play

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.